It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi ATS, It’s the left here.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

And your system gave you an unelected Prime Minister May.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

My dear chap, now look here. In the UK we do not elect a Prime Minister, we elect a ruling party. No one "elected" Gordon Brown, for instance. We are not a Republic.

Or are you referring to the Conservatives not having a majority? In that case, for your information, we have a "1st past the post" system so the Conservatives cosied up to the DUP to have a governable majority.

Now, we Brits will not take lectures on democracy from one our former colonies given the US's utter shambles of a broken democratic system and general pariah status.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It shouldn't need to be said, but the following is tongue-in-cheek....but just as a disclaimer for nitwits....

Yeah she does not represent us, she is a moron and we have removed her from our mailing list so she no longer gets her birthday cards from Queen Clinton.

This is good to hear. Please be sure she gets the same parting gift as most ex-Clinton staffers....(but in the face, vs. the back of the head please).

We don’t actually think those of you who have right leaning views are racists/neo-nazi’s or baby killers we just think you hold a different set of political beliefs that we happen to disagree with. We don’t all actually think that Trump is a Russian spy, we don’t think you all condone abuse (or discrimination) of women/minorities/lbgqt groups or other groups only that you support a guy whose record isn’t the best and it would be nice if you would acknowledge that at times.

Indeed, that's why your Queen refers to all of us collectively as "Deplorables". We would like to express our gratitude for that though, by the way, as that one phrase basically cost her the election. So thank you. (and it's you guys who like the baby-killing, how did that get confused?). As for racists, who can blame us, when even your Queen says, "They all look alike"....

Speaking of Trump, while we think he the embodiment of evil (Turns out Satan was an orange fat guy with small hands) we don’t actually think you lot are bad people for supporting him, he does have a few good ideas that he stole form us. We actually understand that for some of you his policies might be attractive for some very good reasons. For example, you might be against immigration because you feel this is having a negative impact on your ability to get a job or support him on taxes because its more cash for you.

Trump can't be Satan, because there's no way a bunch of Hollywood elites would gather together to don satanic garb and eat endangered animals and have sex with children, while worshipping the orange one. The very idea of Hollywood worshiping Trump is rather absurd. On taxes, we simply like it when businesses can make more money, so you know, they don't lay us all off and cause another recession.

Now Lord Soros also asked us to pass you on a message, we don’t really like it when you send us bombs in the post (not saying it was you lot but if any of you are thinking about it please don’t). We would also kindly ask that you stop calling us “Libtards” because we are actually quite a smart crowd of hippies. Speaking of which we were legalising the weed before you lot, so we would like some credit please.

If WE had sent the bombs, they would have actually worked (and we wouldn't have sent them to folks who don't open their own mail). You Libtards just can't see this for the play that it was. (we'll stop with the Libtard thing, when ya'll stop with the racist Nazi crap).
You guys wanted to legalize weed just to get high....we're doing it for the money.

Lastly believe it or not but we are not actually all shape-shifting reptilians, most of us are like you. We’re actually quite nice if you get to know us, like to party, enjoy long walks, doing what you do listening to pink Floyd. Most of us have jobs, like you, worry about the same things as you, have feelings like you, yeah so, we wouldn’t mind it if you would try to remember that we are individuals with individual views and beliefs. We will endeavour to treat you lot of scumbags with the kindness we expect from you.

Yeah, yeah, we know, there are some non-lizards in Hollywood (they're called waiters...). You guys mostly congregate in the two lizard capitals of the country, CA and NY. Oh, we know you guys like to party....(see the satanic bit above)... Yes, we have seen how you endeavor to treat us, like beating up folks at rallies, and harassing folks at restaurants, etc. We will certainly be sure to repay such kindness on Nov. 6th.

We would like to add more but we are all now running late for your annual blood sacrifice of the straight white guy.

As if we would waste a perfectly good voter like that. But we do thank you for taking the time out of your satanic rituals to write this most eloquent letter, and we look forward to future discussions, though they will have to be via a Ouija board after the death of the Democratic party...

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

My dear chap, now look here. In the UK we do not elect a Prime Minister, we elect a ruling party. No one "elected" Gordon Brown, for instance. We are not a Republic.

Or are you referring to the Conservatives not having a majority? In that case, for your information, we have a "1st past the post" system so the Conservatives cosied up to the DUP to have a governable majority.

Now, we Brits will not take lectures on democracy from one our former colonies given the US's utter shambles of a broken democratic system and general pariah status.

Understanding British politics is akin to trying to understand the scoring points system of the House Cup contest at Hogwarts. Even they don't take it seriously, and play dress up, etc.
But they do have some great, passionate fights though....and they aren't even at a soccer game (err...uh...football....damn, they can't even name their sports correctly!)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

British politics is pretty simple, but us Brits are generally baffled by US politics. Not that we could really give a toss. You got to have a choice of Trump or Hitlery? Bloody hell. I'd rather chew my own head off.

Poor attempt at a wind about "soccer", not biting today. Oh, go on then. Honestly, your American footballers with their crash helmets and suits of armour etc. What a bunch of pansies. Man up and take up Rugby instead.

Baseball? Rounders. World series? World? Hello???

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hello Left,

I have received you recent communication. Thank you for writing. It was nice to hear from you.

I understand that you feel unfairly grouped in with what can only be described as unhinged lefties and feel it is unfair to lay blame of their insanity at your feet. I understand that and I can sympathize with your plight. It seems though that there are quite a few of these unhinged examples and it is often difficult to determine exactly how unhinged one is compared to the next when they seem to "go off" unexpectedly in rapid succession like faulty fireworks.

I appreciate the fact that not all of you think I am a nazi, racist, bigot, hater, islamaphobe, homophobe, war monger, white supremacist. You must understand, however, that when facing a clearly left leaning mob and epithets such as these are constant from all directions it is nearly impossible to tell who is shouting them and who isn't. For safety's sake it is often necessary to assume everyone on that side of the street is one of the unhinged until proper vetting can be performed. After all, every one of you lefties says "Its not me, its the other guy."

I understand how you feel about Trump. He beat your queen even after she rigged the primaries, received debate questions ahead of time, and had God knows how many illegals and dead people vote for her. We admire your dedicated support of her even after she destroyed cell phones and hand held devices with hammers after the subpoena from the FBI and her subsequent denial and destruction of multiple private servers she claimed she did not even possess. That kind of dedication is rare these days. I agree with, and appreciate, your belief that Trump is not perfect. I feel that calling him satan is a bit excessive, but to each his own. It is nice that you acknowledge he has a few good ideas though I question the belief that he stole them from your side. If you had all these great ideas it makes me suspicious that none of them were ever put in action to the benefit of this great nation. You sight a couple of reasons why someone like me might like Trump but they both revolve around personal gain - jobs/wealth. While these are indeed important things there are oh so many more reasons to support Trump. In example, enforcing immigration laws rather than circumventing them. In 2005 obama said we simply can not have people enter this nation at will illegally while there are people waiting patiently in line, doing all the things necessary to enter this nation legally. Statements like that got him elected. Then he initiated his catch and release program where he completely failed to enforce our immigration laws. I think it is both refreshing and necessary to have a POTUS who enforces the laws of this nation, don't you?

I completely agree with you about sending bombs in the mail. I would also ask that your side refrain from shooting at us while we play softball or send us ricin in the mail. After trying to gun down republicans enjoying an afternoon of sports with their families it is difficult to believe a plea to end the violence is genuine, but I want to believe. I also would appreciate it if you would stop calling me a Trumpkin or right wing gun nut. I agree to give you credit for fighting on the side of legal weed if you agree to give me credit for fighting on the side of freedom for all men against the slave owners in our nation's past.

And lastly, I know you are not all shape-shifting reptilians. Some of you are not that advanced and still require make-up and costumes to cover your scales. But that is ok. I appreciate the effort to 'blend in'. I also know that many of you share the same joys and sorrows as I do and that we probably do have much in common. We are individuals with individual views and beliefs. Which is exactly why I would appreciate it very much if you would respect our views rather than trying to force us to change them. And I will endeavor to treat you unhinged lunatics like real human beings, even when you scream in my face and try to deny my first amendment rights.

Hoping you are well with the kindest regards,

Me

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The majority of blue collar workers are not knowledgeable or skilled. I've been watching a group of them struggle for the last 2 months at learning how to use a new piece of equipment in our factory. A piece of equipment that should have taken no longer than 5 minutes to understand. After 2 months the majority of them still can't find the on button. We have metrics on this type of stuff, documentation that is expected to take 1 minute to read is expected to take 1 week to actually learn.

Interesting,
So do you know how to run the machine since it takes all of 5 minutes to learn?

The manufacturer of the machine had great wisdom hiding the on/off button so well. Very believable that either the maker of the equipment makes it so complex to turn it on or your knuckle dragging stupid blue collar workers as sooo stupid they can't turn it on.

Are you a manager of these stupid people? What white collar genius hired a shop full of such stupid people?

Btw, what type of piece of equipment? I could help you out with that being the only blue collar person in the world that can read and write very gooder.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Baseball? Rounders. World series? World? Hello???

Now you know damn well we bloody Yanks basically just consider the US the entire world. What happens outside it is anecdotal at best....

(still tongue-in-cheek here, if you didn't guess)....

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yes, i knew that, and i had guessed. We Brits are just thankful that Bush did not bomb our East Midlands after 9/11.

War is God's way of teaching Americans Geography, etc.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

True, we wouldn't even know where you were had we not defeated you in the American revolution then later bailed you out during WWII.

You've been faithfully following us into every military excursion since then. Thanks for bringing the tea, it saves us from having to share real coffee with you.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Strate8

Yes, and according to your Hollywood you also won our Battle of Britain for us, beat the Japanese for us in Burma and captured an Enigma machine from a German U Boat for us.

Gawd bless your little wet nose. There, there. Nice doggy.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

That's about the same as a boxer losing 8 rounds of a 10 round fight claiming he won because he really took it to the guy in rounds 4 & 5. Oh, and that his big brother had to step in and help him starting in the 6rh round too lol. But you softened them up for us some so thanks for that.

God bless you archaic queen and "constitutional monarchy"

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Actually op that crazy person in the video does represent the majority of left very well. The word that comes to mind is inconsolable.

I've seen conservatives kick out the Nazis among their ranks at protests. But not once have I seen liberals ejecting these communists among their ranks. Why is that?

Will say it again here.

Spent the previous 8 years defending the POTUS against racist derogatory comments. Now I spend my time defending this POTUS against straight up death threats. The difference is in the frequency of these comments.

Last president it was 3-4 times over 8 years.
This president it was 3 times last month alone.

Yet the left has the audacity to attack conservative morals and ideals on the daily?

Both sides horbor extremists.
But the left seemes to defend and sometimes even promote theirs. How many month's was the #bashanazi hashtag trending? Probably still is. Thus creating an environment where half of self claimed liberals are in fact leftists authoritarians.

A good example of this is Reddit. The extreme right was forced to 4chan by their peers. While the extreme left shows up on almost every topic to spout their leftist hate towards conservatives with very little recourse from their peers. Kinda like Islam.

It's either the left refuses to hold their own accountable or there are far more extremists on the left than the right. I suspect it's the latter...
edit on 1-11-2018 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

and captured an Enigma machine from a German U Boat for us.

Nope that was you Brits. James Bond did that one, right? From Russia with Love?

(no, seriously though, the movie you referenced....it was certainly a British ship that captured it, not an American one)
Oddly enough though, it wasn't too dissimilar to a plan by Ian Fleming (a real spy, and author of the Bond series).

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Of course I do. It’s trivial, as is running and repairing the equipment we build.

I am not their manager, my job is a mix of automating substandard employees away and trying to come up with better teaching methods for the rest by writing software.

I don’t like seeing people unemployed but if they can’t outperform me with much less experience then competition says they should be replaced.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Am working right now so can’t reply fully but just wanted to say thanks for that post gave me a good chuckle

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Of course I do. It’s trivial, as is running and repairing the equipment we build.

I am not their manager, my job is a mix of automating substandard employees away and trying to come up with better teaching methods for the rest by writing software.

I don’t like seeing people unemployed but if they can’t outperform me with much less experience then competition says they should be replaced.

Maybe that is the issue at your plant, you don't automate substandard employees away, you fire and replace them. Automation is for repetitive tasks that don't require human decision making or where human decision making can be removed from the process.

If the machine is trivial to operate and you can operate with minimum experience with it, then it sounds the the failure is with management or substandard pay resulting in acquiring only substandard workers.

Sounds like a textile plant to me.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Strate8
Sounds like a textile plant to me.

No, we have factories all over the world that make scientific and medical equipment.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What we believe and speak are reflections of what many of our Congressional Representatives believe and speak in public on tv shows, in the newspapers and Congressional operations...

What you are saying is not what we see from the communist clowns who are your Congressional representatives...Not to mention the fake news media...Looks like the Congressional races are pretty tight which means the anti-American Democrats have a tremendous amount of support...

I'd say from your conversation that you are in and support the wrong Party...They don't at all sound like you...

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You have honestly peaked my interest Aazadan. I am taking you at your word as I see no reason why you would say otherwise.

I am assuming that manufacturing scientific and medical equipment you face a lot of regulatory and quality compliance requirements. Which I generally group that type of manufacturing in the higher end. Not junk that gets sold in Walmart.

Which is why it sounds odd to me that, taking you at your word, average workers don't seem to be picking up how to operate a fairly simple piece of equipment.

Reasons I have seen for this:
The particular piece of equipment is not core to manufacturing process. It is a piece that is supposed to improve/speed up a portion of the process and the workers do not see its value in that.

The equipment is not nearly as good as it was sais to be and workers don't want to admit this to their mgt

The equipment is every bit as good as it said to be and the operators believe running it at its full potential will end up eliminating co workers job/s. So they hold back thinking they are saving co-workers jobs.

Plant just has morale problem caused by poor pay, too long of hours, poor benefits or mgt problems.

Which one of those sound closest?

I've been in plants in Mexico with crappy condtions, obviously lousy pay, etc... and seen machine operators with almost no formal education do amazing things using equipment we'd scrap in the U.S. That is why I have a hard time believing it is just "blue collar stupidity"

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join