It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you all have any alternative beliefs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Please share. Alternative beliefs can be beliefs that are not popular.

My alternative belief is that this reality is a prison, and that I'm only here to serve out a sentence with an unknown release date as a part of a big dare.

How is it a prison, you ask? Every now and then you get a taste of minimal torments and tortures. Do you not? And plus you get effected by what others do or don't do. I've heard that that is how prison is, basically. It is close to a hell. Yes, this reality is no hell, because hell I consider would be way worst. Outside of this prison reality I believe is ultimate reality (the best reality that's final), where I'll get to be 100% (the Absolute) in a union with my twin flame.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Claymation213

That sounds kind of gnostic.

My beliefs are basic Christian ideas but I do believe that animals possess souls. I also think all mammals have thoughts and feelings much like we do. The main difference for them is they can't talk. Doesn't stop me from eating a cheeseburger though.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I believe I can, I believe I can touch the sky, think about it every night and day. Spread my wings and fly away...

Seriously I hear what you’re saying about reality being a kind of prison, it’s a human construct though that has made it that way. Nobody gets to choose the cards their delt, so it comes down to how you play them. You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold them, no when to walk away, and know when to run.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I am a monkey on a rock orbiting a giant fireball, crazy I know but I believe it to be true.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I believe in human levitation.

As a young child I experienced it with another person.

That person is crazy super religious now. I questioned them on it and they didn't want to talk about it yet at the same time
did not deny that it happened to us.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I truly believe that Eagles are superior to Led Zeppelin.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
IMHO, reality is worse than a prison, as mentioned by the OP - it is an oubilette, that is, a secret dungeon with access only through a trapdoor in its ceiling.

Jesus is the only One who can open the trapdoor and lower a rope to us.

I also reject the doctrine of Hell.
edit on 30-10-2018 by Lazarus Short because: dum de dum

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
I am a monkey on a rock orbiting a giant fireball, crazy I know but I believe it to be true.

I see your quote and raise my own on the shoulders of it's greatness;

"You’re a ghost driving a meat coated skeleton made from stardust, on a rock orbiting a giant fireball, crazy I know but I believe it to be true."
edit on 10302018 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

I truly believe that Eagles are superior to Led Zeppelin.

GTFO

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

i know for a fact that what we call reality, is just a bunch of self transforming machine elves that are constantly reproducing,laughing,kicking,screaming,dancing,fighting, and poking each other in the eye.

But that is just the onion ring that we sit on, there are other layers.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I love it. Minus the ghost part.

a reply to: Butterfinger

edit on 30-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I can definitely say NO I HAVE NO alternative BELIEFs.
Alternative to what?
Whatever (self limitiing) beliefs I hold are my own.
There are no alternatives in my mind.
THERE ARE OTHER MINDS.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Opening of a religious book I would one day like to read:

In the beginning there was the void not a void as you understand it but a void of bubbling back tar. Somewhere with this void there existed a single intelligence, one great mind that had existed before and will exist after. For time uncountable it was alone and felt alone until finally it could not take it anymore and willed its own end and in an explosion of great power its death came and in the wake the universe was born.

-

That is actually part of what I believe. I wasn't really religious growing up my family are Roman Catholics, Mum is proper into it but never really believed in most of it after I started to question the origins and how it wasn't a fit for me so I came to a simple realisation "If they can create one why can't I?"

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

i believe "Jesus' return" is an ancient metaphor which means humanity finding the Christ Consciousness inside of them which will eventually allow them to become psychic/healers/reality manipulators.

I also think Earth isn't a prison but a master school where we are all learning to lower entropy. Meaning we are learning to be soul who want to help.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
My belief is everyone get a second chance to live eternity with GOD, to transcend into higher form in the image of God to rule the vast amount of galaxies and planets. Those who fail to meet minimum godlike quality in term of love, righteous and justice will be reborn again and again. In some way I do believe in Buddhism endless reborn circles. But unlike Buddhism, I believe the purpose of life is not Nirvana ( state of nothingness or permanent second death ), but transform oneself into higher form of energy being equal to angels or gods.

Just look at the sky. There are trillions of stars and planets. It is not logically be all empty. Why would God create nothing but trillions of lifeless desert toxic planets?

I think it is waiting for us to "Go Forth and Multiply" beyond this blue marble planet, and become gods in our own right.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I believe Earth is sentient.
I believe when she sings her song to the Galaxy, she resonates with her sibling planets.
I believe the Galaxy is sentient.
I believe she sings her song to the Universe.
I believe Earth song has grown sorrowful and the siblings commiserate.
I believe the Universe has heard our Galaxy and is preparing to right the dissonance of sorrow.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Last time I typed out my beliefs the website they were on got taken down and scrubbed.

I believe Gravity is Satans power, and the North pole of magnetism is synthetic and temporary, created by the South pole which has always existed. I believe that high frequency beings are evil and that the most high God is the lowest frequency being in existence. The South pole aka "negative" is the source of everything. And Satan is electromagnetic.

When I start laying out the proof is when the tinnitus and black helicopters uptick. Because "they" already know the truth and have to keep it secret: the big bang was only the creation of polarity, not creation itself.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I am sure I do, given I'm a Senistrognata (follower of my ancestors pre-Christian beliefs, so a pagan) .

So one of those beliefs are that the gods are many (infact all gods are real, none are supreme). The universe was not created by a creator, rather it sprang from the primordial chaos.
edit on 4-11-2018 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

This globe is a prison alright, our souls are repeatedly reincarnated here until it learns the error of it's ways and will continue this round and round cycle until it gets it right and ascends.

This is why the globe is round it represents the struggle/cycle and this is why as a species we come into this world kicking and screaming because our soul recognises that we're back to try again and it's a " oh no " moment here i go again.

So you reckon every now and then we get a taste of minimal torments/torture - i say open your eyes even further as it's a lot more often and certainly not minimal. Quite the opposite in fact if you consider "HUMANITY" as the we.

The further along in our souls evolution the better the parents/circumstances were handed, the worse the soul in past life the worse the parents/circumstances we're handed.

So hell itself is reserved for the truly repetitive unrepentant souls and this globe is a taste of whats to come if we do not evolve spiritually.

How do you evolve spiritually to obtain nirvana- be kind, be open to helping others, be true to your soul, be aware that a relationship with god is paramount, be able to sincerely self evaluate, be able to admit when your wrong.
The rest will domino effect into place as a result.

So whats my alternative belief? -
1- worshipping the cross (a symbol ) is wrong.
2- the bible is mostly misleading crap.
3- the true answers lie within if we only actually look inside ourselves.
4- if we want to go to heaven then behave like your there.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm toying with an alternative belief regarding the rapture. The seven years of tribulation could be a code meaning a life of troubles, and the calling up could be when you pass on from earth. Meaning the Rapture has been going on from the beginning of time as people die. This is not based on any specific verses, just something I've started believing on and off.

top topics

join