It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitey Bulger, infamous Boston mob boss, killed in prison, multiple reports say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Whitey Bulger, infamous Boston mob boss, killed in prison, multiple reports say

www.foxnews.com...

He was just transferred to West Virginia today so I'm really unsure of what happened. Not much info in the lake still digging

Infamous Boston mob boss James "Whitey" Bulger – who was a fugitive for 16 years, was sentenced to life in prison in 2013 and was portrayed in film by Johnny Depp – was killed at a West Virginia prison on Tuesday, the day he arrived at the facility, multiple reports say. He was 89.

edit on 10/30/2018 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
They were waiting on the rat no pass for age .

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I don't know, he could have just as easily croaked from old age as he could have been killed, the guy was 89 after all.

Anyone have any idea what his state of health was as of late?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Wonder if Mueller was cleaning up loose ends? There were a whole lot of things going on that didn't add up with Mueller arresting Bulger.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

VERY interesting idea with everything going on. Noone will say why he was moved to WV.

a reply to: Nyiah
Except it says he was killed... Not died of natural causes.
edit on 10/30/2018 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Killed the day he arrived .

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

A fellow inmate with Mafia ties is under investigation in the slaying at the Hazelton federal penitentiary in Bruceton Mills, three people briefed on the situation told the Boston Globe.

NY Post

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They did report that he's had a heart condition for years so maybe somebody just helped him out on his road to hell. They are now reporting that he was found dead which essentially means old age won. Good riddance to bad rubbish. My best,
edit on 30-10-2018 by airforce47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Almost looks like his move was arranged to put him in contact with whoever was supposed to do "the job".

This is even more speculative but...maybe he is being put into witness protection and his death was staged? So he can rat on some of the big wigs he had dealings with...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Tell me how a man is killed in a high-security federal prison?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Wasn't this a maximum security prison? So, how could this possibly happen?

Maximum Security

In a maximum security prison all prisoners have individual cells that possess sliding doors controlled from a remote control station. Prisoners within a maximum security prison are only allowed out of their cell for one hour a day; when out of their cells, the prisoners must remain the cell block or an exterior cage. The prisoners are constantly monitored by armed guards, and interaction between the prison communities is rare.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
An informant and protected by the FBI. He got a better life than many of those he preyed upon.

boston.cbslocal.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Bulger had just been moved to USP Hazelton, a high-security prison with an adjacent minimum security satellite camp in Bruceton Mills.

Which one?

Guess it means he was in Hazelton.
edit on 10/30/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Wasn't this a maximum security prison? So, how could this possibly happen?

Maximum Security

In a maximum security prison all prisoners have individual cells that possess sliding doors controlled from a remote control station. Prisoners within a maximum security prison are only allowed out of their cell for one hour a day; when out of their cells, the prisoners must remain the cell block or an exterior cage. The prisoners are constantly monitored by armed guards, and interaction between the prison communities is rare.

Hazleton has 1500 inmates and 900 cells, so I don't think everybody is single cell. Whether Bulger was or not, dunno.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
When I see this and even cases of rape, heavy violence, major injuries etc I wonder if the family can sue the state for gross negligence. When you go to jail it should not be capital punishment, or weekly torture tactics such as rape, getting beat up routinely. Hell, can prisoners claim PTSD brought on by their treatment in captivity?

We tend to suggest, well don't do the crime, but once again did the judge tell the convicted 10 years in prison, or death which ever comes first, or 10 years in prison with endless cases of abuse against you...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Makes me feel like somebody was pushing some buttons to make it happen.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Makes me feel like somebody was pushing some buttons to make it happen.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Cadillac Frank Selemme is my guess for who did it but the list of who wanted him dead is too long.

The real story is exactly how this happened.

I bet they make a movie about it!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Cadillac Frank Selemme is my guess for who did it but the list of who wanted him dead is too long.

The real story is exactly how this happened.

I bet they make a movie about it!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
His transfer process started last week when he was sent from Arizona to Oklahoma City (a holding facility). Then to US Penitentiary Hazelton in Bruceton Mills, West Virginia yesterday. But Hazelton was also a temporary stop because the entire transfer was made because his health was failing and a US Penitentiary medical facility which I believe was supposed to have been his final destination. He just never left West Virginia .

Inside job funded by OC

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 30-10-2018 by Paddyofurniture because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join