It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Kuznetsov aircraft carrier has major incident in dock

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Is that rail road line that it ripped out when it went over hanging in pic #2?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Too much vodka.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Not enough vodka.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Come on guys if you’re gonna try to dog on the ruskies and their love for alky at least get it straight it’s russian military, so too much aviation spirits, can’t pass up with a drink on the government’s dime and time.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: dragonridr

Floating dry docks are used for upgrades and maintenance. Exactly what Russia was doing with the Kuznetsov.

Refitting an aircraft carrier is not minor maintainance and this is not just upgrading a weapons system. In fact part of the operation was to replace drive and engine had they been that far along the aircraft carrier would have sunk.
edit on 11/3/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It is still upgrades. Russia has performed these upgrades in floating docks for decades with few problems. Just because WE don't with all our ships doesn't mean that it's the only way it should be done.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
We used to put carriers and Iowa's in floating dry docks before we were too cheap. Here's the slightly smaller LHA-7, USS Tripoli which was built and launched from a floating dry dock by Huntington Ingalls. What idiots!

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So where's the sinking of the submersible dock ? Yes we all see the fallen crane !

I guess that the west has seen its own fallen cranes recently ... www.youtube.com...
Nice fire after the crane crashed BTW ! Is that due to Russian govt spending issues, or corruption ? ... let me know !
edit on 4-11-2018 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Look like its do to a drunk ferry captain. But it is barcelona and i learned they can't drive. So i guess they can't pilot either.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Yeah, speak nothing of the fact that the Kuz is closer in size to an LHA than to a CVN.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 4-11-2018 by Barnalby because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Yep, the crane has a pair of locking clamps to secure it to the rails prior to any lifts or during foul weather, etc. At least the engineers who designed and built the hydraulic rail grippers can rest easy knowing their product did its job, lol.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barnalby

Yep, the crane has a pair of locking clamps to secure it to the rails prior to any lifts or during foul weather, etc. At least the engineers who designed and built the hydraulic rail grippers can rest easy knowing their product did its job, lol.

Thought it looked that way ripped out a nice length of that rail I’d defininetly say the grabber did its job too bad the rail wasn’t imbedded better might have saved the day. Glad I’m not the only one who noticed it.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

There's literally a picture of it sinking the page before

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
I don't even comment on the so-called "incident" with this ship ... I just have another question for the EU-NATO !

How's it going with Dement Juncture drills in Norway ? Feeling cold ? Need socks maybe ?

Flanker as always we are amused and challenged by your unique point of view LOL. You are the Soviet equivalent of Baghdad Bob LOL

Socks? Funny you should ask. USMC are testing out a new version
www.military.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Fastening the rails to the top of the drydock walls was probably a different engineering team, haha.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

More photos here:

www.ruaviation.com...

It's in a slide show, so not inclined to fight it to grab individual ones.

Does Not Look Good(tm).

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23924989]Flanker86[/post"]
Sigh"....., no the Barcelona incident fire was caused by chemicals in one of the shipping containers being ruptured so no we aren't blaming the Russian government. Of course in the Kuznetzov incident I would blame a failure to carry out adequate maintenance as that particular floating dock was built in Sweden and was 38 years old. Having the ballast tanks pumps and valves fail like that is only likely to occur from inadequate maintenance. I'm betting you will come up with a more novel theory or "proof" though blaming the West or better yet saying nothing happened at all.

edit on 7-11-2018 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

Totally agree with you on that ye totally ignored the pic I posted of it sinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join