It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS all Trump site.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Surely you must be kidding.
At least, all through and prior to the election ATS was stacked from top to bottom with pro Trump and hate liberal threads. Surely you might have noticed.
And winning them over? Not at all. Many people of liberal persuasion have just quit visiting here because they realized that there was little use to discussing any political topics with those who think themselves conservative who frequent this site.

If you have seen that many pro Trump threads you must surely have seen the many battles within. And no doubt have seen the many hate-Trump threads as well. The fact that those battles occurred is proof that this is not just a pro-Trump site.

Its not that liberals just stopped coming here. Its that they lost. They argued the same old bs that has suckered in so many sheep over the years but ran into a wall of people here who think for themselves and aren't so easily swayed by rhetoric. Of course, typical for liberals, you accuse the right of doing exactly what you are trying to do - win arguments with rhetoric instead of facts. It didn't work then and its not working now. This is just my experience (I won't speak for anyone else on this) but the only time I ever saw a liberal just give up and leave was when they were clearly beaten and they knew it. It didn't change their thought process, only the location. They just moved down the road and tried the same nonsense again. Which is exactly why so many people are waking up and leaving the dems.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
In the simplest form on this site you can say what you want about whomever you like. It's about the only site I have seen that it takes a lot to get barred. Most lib sites one out of line statement and your out and your history is wiped clean.

I would guess on here people don't get their way and have to hear opposing viewpoints and they don't like it so they leave. So the Presidents people are here because others can't get them booted like they would like to.

It's a freedom of speech thing I would say.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Pretty much, every rwnj with a computer has set up shop here, preaching their stupidity for the world to see. Sigh. a reply to: notsure1

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

It's not about being beaten, it's that there is zero point in discussing things with people who are living in a completely different reality. One where they think Trump is 6'3" and 239 pounds of solid muscle. One where radical right wing terrorism doesn't exist. One where the economy is in good shape. One where Americas foreign policy has never been better. If you think those things, you quite simply aren't worth talking to because you're too deluded.

You can continue to sit at the childrens table and brag about your fantasy world.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Those battles within that you mention? I've seen them. Pretty much, with exceptions now and then is that when a site conservative starts a thread it is quite often plastered with stars and flags. The usual's arrive and fill in the first half of full dozen replies with agreement and slanderous name calling of anything they think even smells of liberalism.

Then when someone posts with a perspective that disagrees with the meme of the thread, many of the posters pounce calling names and shaming the poster as whatever is the new slang term at use in the moment. Gang thrash.

Liberal threads are often gang thrashed from the outset by the constant members, members who seem to have little else to do then to stay on ATS all day. If you haven't noticed this then I just don't know.

As to the notion that conservatives are as you suggest'' people who think for themselves and arn't so easily swayed by rhetoric'', your in so many cases way off base.

Like so many liberals who buy liberal cool aid, many pro -trump members have drunk the Trump-aid. This is anothe reason liberals leave, because they run into the same conservative tropes used over and over ad nausium.

The blindness here is stymming. Both quote unquote sides repeat and repeat again. A large portion of the things that conservatives point out about liberals is exactly the same things that that they think liberals think about them. But on no, conservatives are smart and open minded while liberals are dump and closed minded brainwashed zombies. Man, the mirror images here are almost funny.

If you haven't noticed any of that then I have nohting more to add that will make this a conversation worth continuing for either of us.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

It's not about being beaten, it's that there is zero point in discussing things with people who are living in a completely different reality. One where they think Trump is 6'3" and 239 pounds of solid muscle. One where radical right wing terrorism doesn't exist. One where the economy is in good shape. One where Americas foreign policy has never been better. If you think those things, you quite simply aren't worth talking to because you're too deluded.

You can continue to sit at the childrens table and brag about your fantasy world.

This response is exactly what I am talking about. Straw man then insults, then feigned resignation due to lack of competition. All projection and no substance.

I don't think Trump is superman. But he is POTUS, and that deserves respect whether you like him or not. I am willing to bet your definition of radical right wing terrorism is very different than mine. My opinion of right wing terrorists is reserved for those on the fringe who actually engage in acts of terror. A very small number unless you know something the rest of the world doesn't. The economy is still in risky territory but it is more profitable now than it has been in a long time. And new policies are making it stronger. That doesn't mean the market won't continue to be volatile but the economy is so much more than just the stock market. Our foreign policy is better. We are actually following the Constitution of the United States and turning away illegal aliens instead of the failed catch and release program that obama used. North Korea is actively engaging in talks with the western allies. Yes, there is a long way to go but it all starts with talking, something that never happened under obama. I could go on and on but you already know all this, but choose to be willfully ignorant whenever it is convenient. That is what makes it impossible to discuss things.

I won't seat you at the child's table. I care too much for the children. No, you sit with the grown ups and see if you can't learn a thing or two.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think your memory is very selective. Most of the things you just attributed to conservatives I have observed on these boards as being attributable to liberals, only worse.

You will never see it that way because they are parroting your opinions and vice versa. I see it as liberal gibberish because to me that is what it is. It makes no sense, it is unhealthy, it is the opposite of what it claims to be. But the people who believe it don't see it that way. They see people like me as deluded because I see something different than you. I am not deluded, I am observant. The delusion is on your side. See how easy that is?

One side of these conversations usually is deluded to some degree. I say its the ones who shout down conservatives at rallies then complain about freedom of speech being taken away. I say its the ones who talk big about the Constitution then try to convince everyone and their brother that the second amendment doesn't work any more and we should abandon it. I say its the ones who talk about inclusion and acceptance then turn feral when someone wears a MAGA hat. And so on and so on and so on. I could give examples all day long but it won't matter because you or people like you probably think those things are ok. Someone on your side has to think its ok or it wouldn't be happening now would it?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I don't think Trump is superman. But he is POTUS, and that deserves respect whether you like him or not.

I respect the office, I do not respect the man. And I will gladly criticize him for his personal and professional failings. In fact, out of respect for the office I refused to say a single negative word about him at all for his first 100 days. Then I doubled it to 200 days. Go back and check my post history if you don't believe me. I gave him a chance, and he proved just like every other instance in his life that he is a complete and total charlatan.

The economy is still in risky territory but it is more profitable now than it has been in a long time. And new policies are making it stronger.

Purchasing power is rapidly declining, imports are down, exports are down, sales are down, income is down. The only things that are doing well are the unemployment rate (which somehow went down even though jobs numbers are also down), and Wall Street is high for the term (despite having losses for this year). We have four major debt crisis on the verge of all hitting at the same time between home loans, credit card debt, student loan debt, and subprime autos the deficit is now at $1.2 trillion, and most small farms in the US are on the verge of bankruptcy after losing their export market.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I don't think Trump is superman. But he is POTUS, and that deserves respect whether you like him or not.

I respect the office, I do not respect the man. And I will gladly criticize him for his personal and professional failings. In fact, out of respect for the office I refused to say a single negative word about him at all for his first 100 days. Then I doubled it to 200 days. Go back and check my post history if you don't believe me. I gave him a chance, and he proved just like every other instance in his life that he is a complete and total charlatan.

The economy is still in risky territory but it is more profitable now than it has been in a long time. And new policies are making it stronger.

Purchasing power is rapidly declining, imports are down, exports are down, sales are down, income is down. The only things that are doing well are the unemployment rate (which somehow went down even though jobs numbers are also down), and Wall Street is high for the term (despite having losses for this year). We have four major debt crisis on the verge of all hitting at the same time between home loans, credit card debt, student loan debt, and subprime autos the deficit is now at $1.2 trillion, and most small farms in the US are on the verge of bankruptcy after losing their export market.

All of the above may be true but no where have I seen a democrat say who from the left has the answers, who is this beacon of light in these dark times to lead this wounded nation from the horrors of the past two years. You have no one you didn't have anyone two years ago you dont have anyone now and you probably won't have one two years from now either, they are so caught up in vilifying Trump they have no answers for any of the problems, its just anything to get rid of Trump, by any means, thats just crazy cause they use that to hide they have no answers or viable platform . Papa Joe Biden? Oprah? HRC?Michelle? lol Maxine? LOL you have no one electable, thats it there is no one that is electable. Just find one in the vastness of the United States or where ever for that matter, that is electable, has a chance. Cause the only thing more pitiful than the whining about Trump is the fact that the left owns the media and cant find anyone to dress up and play president thats electable. LOL Find Micheal Dukakis doesn't Walter Mondale have a son or daughter.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
here you guys are arguing who's at fault liberals or conservatives what a giant joke

long gone are the days of making data back assertion and following the money or discussing what's happening behind the scenes and objectivity, creatively discussing your own ideas without being slaughtered for just generally posing questions or learning from one another now it's straight garbage and I talk to a lot of the best posters on social media and they all stay away for the same reason I stopped creating any content

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
here you guys are arguing who's at fault liberals or conservatives what a giant joke

long gone are the days of making data back assertion and following the money or discussing what's happening behind the scenes and objectivity, creatively discussing your own ideas without being slaughtered for just generally posing questions or learning from one another now it's straight garbage and I talk to a lot of the best posters on social media and they all stay away for the same reason I stopped creating any content

This is what people are talking about. The whole media wnats us to talk about Trump believing conspiracy theories .

You cant escape it on the internet.

BTW I snf most of your stuff, so your barking up the wrong tree.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You can all him a charlatan if you like but he has kept more campaign promises in two years than obama did in eight.

I haven't experienced a loss of purchasing power and to the best of my knowledge incomes are trending up at the moment. The trade negotiations are going to slow things down some but no one can argue that they needed retooling. They were very lopsided and not in our favor. Any improvement will help in the long run even if it hurts in the short term. Those credit issues have been looming for some time now so they won't be fixed overnight, or in two years. Sales are slow now because the prime buying season is about to begin. People are holding out for the big sales. Expect a good Christmas rally this year. If we keep smacking the crap out of DC maybe we can have better health care at reasonable costs and free educations like many other countries have. This country will become a macro version of Chicago if we keep going with democrat policies.

In everything except a complete and total washout there is something positive as well as something negative. Maybe the news is 40 % positive and 60 % negative, but that 40 % positive might be the single most important metric in the nation at that moment. The news/media doesn't give us much to work with. They are too busy watching themselves on tv making snarky comments and posing for memes. We have to dig to find anything that even remotely resembles truth. Even then its usually a test of which is more plausible rather than what is proven to be fact.

These are tough times. Our politicians aren't making them any better. With people like maxine waters who says one day that anyone who supports Trump is not welcome in this country and follows it the next day by saying that we have to welcome anyone and everyone in to this nation even if they come here illegally its not going to get any better. I have to assume that she means anyone and everyone as long as they support democrats, or they fall in to the "not welcome in this country" category.

Not only is that Olympic level lunacy, that is about as un-American as a person can get.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I don't like Trump nor do I like the left.

The left has become too petty with the things they go after on here and SOME of the Trump supporters on here are just insane.

When I see someone on here calling for bombing or shooting civilians for crossing a border I don't even want to cross words with them in the same thread. So while I will read threads here I tend to not post in them. I think a lot of people have held back posting on here because if they do it is the same as feeding the insane trolls that linger.

It will all change soon enough the political pendulum always swings back and then back again. In retrospect, I do think the mudpit has degraded the site beyond its intent and for now this place does seem to be a hotbed for rightwing politics with a few willing to openly oppose it.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Not just here. Same sentiment in aol, Newsday, drudge. Any many other websites.

The majority of Americans are in the same page its amazing how the media can make 8% of the population and their crazy ideas relevant.

They are so few , but they can scream loud.
Have temper tantrums

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: notsure1

I've noticed tides of anti-Trump/pro-Trump spun threads ad nauseam.

Sometimes we get lucky with a well typed out OP that delivers facts and lets us decide for ourselves. Sometimes it creates a starting point for constructive discussion.

Most of the time the intentions are right in the title, and people skip past the substance and turn it into a brawl of "us" vs "them".

That should be a threadkiller, too bad the lunatics are running the asylum.
edit on 1-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Kind of goes back to what I was saying, ATS has pretty much always been a right leaning site.

Not really I was here for tale end of the Bush years he was hated and justifiably so, with his overreaction to 9/11 which has been thoroughly discussed as to why in the 9/11 forums, I know you were there later too.

After that these forums gravitated towards another outsider, Ron Paul he was more Libertarian than "right side".
He lost because he was too nice and could not beat the media. People began to look for somebody that could beat the media that was an outsider......enter Trump. Then the left went crazy because they lost and kept losing and that drove some blue dog democrats back to the GOP.

And that is were we are at ATS right now.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So basically, OP is complaining about other people's free speech, and the popularity of their views?

Free marketplace of ideas. The good ones rise to the top. There they eventually curdle, and are replaced by the next swing of the pendulum of public opinion.

I didn't vote for trump. I think he has an extremely ugly personality, and is not someone I would willingly be around. But he is the kind of leader the USA needs. He's like an enema for American bureaucracy. Turns out some other nations around the globe have gotten stoved up enough that they realize they need enemas, too.

I don't like trump, but I appreciate his disrupting and deconstructing the liberal elite's machinery of control.

The irony of leftist Bernie promising free college to all the upper-class white students was pretty much the apogee of liberal aspiration. Trump has moved us along from that

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I don't like Trump nor do I like the left.

The left has become too petty with the things they go after on here and SOME of the Trump supporters on here are just insane.

When I see someone on here calling for bombing or shooting civilians for crossing a border I don't even want to cross words with them in the same thread. So while I will read threads here I tend to not post in them. I think a lot of people have held back posting on here because if they do it is the same as feeding the insane trolls that linger.

It will all change soon enough the political pendulum always swings back and then back again. In retrospect, I do think the mudpit has degraded the site beyond its intent and for now this place does seem to be a hotbed for rightwing politics with a few willing to openly oppose it.

Well put, and agreed!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I wish ats would just get rid of political discussion threads they are soooooooooooooooooo #ing boring !

nothing remotely interesting about them and all they do is cause people to fall out over political issues !

I get ATS is a US site but cmon politics is really dull
compared to aliens or cryptozoology , or psychic stuff

you know why we all came here in the first place

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I wish ats would just get rid of political discussion threads they are soooooooooooooooooo #ing boring !

nothing remotely interesting about them and all they do is cause people to fall out over political issues !

I get ATS is a US site but cmon politics is really dull
compared to aliens or cryptozoology , or psychic stuff

you know why we all came here in the first place

Certain people have this addiction and unhealthy fascination with reposting breaking news stories, or bedding down into a certain ongoing event as if they’re Walter Cronkite himself, neck deep in a foxhole with bullets flying over their heads telling the opposition how wrong they are.

It’s entertaining for them because their life lacks any real confidence. Maybe they’re broken emotionally, physically, or financially; and they can’t, or won’t, go out and do something with their shattered life. What they can do is order a big ole pizza to get them through the day, load up on Mountain Dew, and login to all their “go-to” sites that represent something they fit in with the best.

That’s why you see such heavily biased websites like “the conservative treehouse” used as source material. If this were a liberal leaning site you’d see a lot of huffington post used in the same manor. Repeating the news is easy and comforting as opposed to learning topics you don’t know and are too lazy learn about, like the possibility of Sasquatch on Mars and how the last few sasquatchians were able to develop advanced space travel from trees and rocks right before the planet collapsed into a dead planet. They don’t see that on today’s headlines so it’s not worth their time.

But there are far more people who sit at their desk in their own little situation room and post BS post after BS post after BS post because they can come here and get enough stars and flags to make themselves feel worthwhile.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join