It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS all Trump site.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Dude the reason nobody is responding to you posting that video of Johnathan pie is because your about 18 months too late on that one.

Most folk who post on hear probably follow him on Youtube.

I saw him live as well, was funny.

Hard core liberal and Trump hater btw.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Mahogany

ohhhh.... they don't like it when you call them out as being "alt-right"

Don't know what they would prefer though...

What else do you call them?

They are far right to the normal everyday right we see at work or among friends. None of my friends, even the conservative ones are as extreme as this site is.

You mean as some people on this site

Some of us don’t feel alt right or extreme at all

Just like the leftists in this site run from almost centrists to very extreme

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What do you think about his message? Is he right? I'm assuming ,then, if most on here follow him on youtube it's because they value his comedy and talking points. He's basically laying out where the name-calling and free speech censorship originated and what the cost of that was.

edit on 30-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

To be fair, there is quite obviously a section of the Trump supporters who exhibit alt-right views, now sure there are some who don't yet still support trump and are conservatives but some of them do take things a little far.

I think thats the point.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

some people just arent very picky.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What do you think about his message? Is he right? I'm assuming ,then, if most on here follow him on youtube it's because they value his comedy and talking points.

Dude I wrote a entire thread basically saying the same and ripping the left to bits for the way we communicate our message. (Link if you are interested, I have written others in a similar tone)

Johnathan pie though isn't the point of this thread.

I am struggling to see what he has to do with the OP.
edit on 30-10-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Also, think about this.

If you were the Big Brother, how would you keep track of all the potentials? Potential what? Not gonna say it but use your imagination.

I'd keep them all on a few select boards, easy to keep track of. And also think about this: the right may think that a left leaning member is a shill, or a government employee keeping track of them, but the best shill is one in sheep's clothing, another far right member, or posing as one.

When you argue with opposition you tend to get heated and use hyperbole and say things you don't really mean. But in a circle jerk thread, a shill can rile up a whole group of people without outside interference and then keep track of the most volatile ones.

The ones who are really watching are the ones always riling people up and posting the most crazy crap, and then keeping track of how people respond and how violent they get.

Makes complete sense, doesn't it? Wouldn't you do it that way? Or would you send in a shill that no one agrees with?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

To be fair, there is quite obviously a section of the Trump supporters who exhibit alt-right views, now sure there are some who don't yet still support trump and are conservatives but some of them do take things a little far.

I think thats the point.

Of course

And some are more moderate

Same with leftist on this site

I do not dare judge all leftists based on those that call for the death of trump or his supporters

Extremist come on both sides on ats like everywhere else, and a lot of people in between

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yeah I totally agree.

Its kind of subjective though to a extend I am sure we might disagree on how many members seem to be far-left or alt-right but the point you are making a fundamentally agree with.

There are crazies on both sides of this.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
It’s not that most ATS members are pro Trump/anti left.

It’s that MOST PEOPLE ON THE PLANET are pro Trump/anti left.

It’s not hard to see why either.

You should probably post some, any, form of proof of what you just said. If not, then the only people who are going to believe that are the people you already know are going to believe it without questioning it.

If you actually look into your claim, you may find yourself to be mistaken.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The problem is you assume the old lessons will not help us, when that is inaccurate

The truth is we need a healthy balance of old ideas with new ones, conservative with liberal

By assuming all old ideas or all new ideas are bad, we tend to lead toward extremism

I would have hoped that you know me better than that by now. Certainly old lessons help us. Old lessons were developed to survive. Survival lessons are our foundation.

However, we being human have demonstrated a tendency to take our survival lessons and cannonize them turning them into dogmas and oft times those dogmas are followed while the reasons for their existence in the first place are forgotton.

This is why we need conservatism. To remind us of those survival lessons.

At the same time we need liberal vision, vision to foresee the need to break from old dogma and usless rote and understand the need that environmental chage demands.

Conservatism used to teach us sustainability. How to plant so that our crops do not kill the soil. Don't over hunt, etc.
These are still true conservative values. However somehow, the easy way out, the dominionism of past cultures had liberals taking on the responsiblity of pointing out that our culture has become unsustainable and that we need to ''guess what'', step back into some of those more conservative wasy of life. Preserve. Don't waste. Don't over indulge, avoid consumerism.

Indeed conservatism in my eyes was highjacked. Highacked by the winner take all ethic of unbridled capitalist mentality. Not that I am completely against capitalism for all the reasons that most will tout it, but rather that it has been allowed to take us all for a ride into a culture of waste and libertineism.

And you are right. Not all old ideas are good or bad while not all new ideas are good or bad. This is why I hold that we need acceptence of those who can remind us of the good in the old and those who can see the good in the new. Not all of us can see both at the same time.
edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 30 Oct 2018 13:58:36 -0500Tue, 30 Oct 2018 13:58:36 -050018102018-10-30T13:58:36-05:00100000058 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
this is a conspiracy site

i think the shift on ats is a conspiracy in its self

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

this is a conspiracy site

awww bless you....

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Read your post and just laughed. Truth is strange, but my reaction to all tRump posts are too egnorw the source, not having much confidence that any input would in any way change or make the poster more intelligent, so just turn away and so my own thing. Over the years, what I do, I find later many, many others do, when in in a pig sti, clean your boots and go away, wrestling with these critters is not worth the effort and no, you are not winning by any sense.

I posted on the one site that is devoted to the liar in cheif to the point of blind obedience. I mentioned due to their nasty treatment of any opposing views they convinced me that I could never spiritually be associated with such nonesence and so voted early here in Florida, straight Democrat as did a great number of my friends. What triggered me was the a hole president publically threatening us with “vote early at your own peril” or similar. By the way, I was banned on that site for my honesty within 30 seconds
The downside for this site,ABTS is, I don’t often even come back here due to the RUMP leanings and have found other sites more to my liking and I am sure others do the same, it becomes a waste of good time.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

That's pretty much my perspective as well. LIke just about everything, our consumer mentality seems to push us towards politics like candy to a baby. That sugar rush. The adrenaline pump of believing that ''we got it and they don't'' seems to be the major drug here . And that is not saying that today's liberals do not suffer from the same intoxication. It just seems to me that both sides are drunk on their own sauces and neither side can see how they are exactly the same.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

They are far right to the normal everyday right we see at work or among friends. None of my friends, even the conservative ones are as extreme as this site is.

Your friends at work don't share their real views because they fear being persecuted for being a Trump supporter. Many leftists are crazy and would fire you for having a different set of ideas from the left fantasy land that doesn't take into account human nature.
edit on 30-10-2018 by MRinder because: Wrong person

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I assumed you didn’t believe all old ideas were bad, but it was unclear the way you wrote it

I think the best I have heard the difference explained between the left and right was from Jordan Peterson

He says the right defends hierarchies, while the left critiques them

Both sides are needed because hierarchies are inevitable and beneficial, but eventually become stagnant and corrupt

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Your friends at work don't share their real views because they fear being persecuted for being a Trump supporter. Many leftists are crazy and would fire you for having a different set of ideas from the left fantasy land that doesn't take into account human nature.

Ahhhh when Americans try to pretend they are suffering form political persecution.

Meanwhile in Venezuela.....

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I don't like that the trolling 4chanish mentality that the younger generation embraces is now being embraced by trump and his supporters. We are creating Idiocracy, sometimes life imitates "art".

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Ahhhh when Americans try to pretend they are suffering form political persecution.

Meanwhile in Venezuela.....

I don't live in Venezuela so I don't really care what they do there.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join