It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS all Trump site.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: theantediluvian

All anyone has to do is click on your name then click flags and see all of your threads form 2015 16 and 17 pop up to the top and have the most flags.

HMMM I wonder why that is? MAybe because your support has dwindled down to about 25 posters.

How about you start by addressing the fact that your OP is a complete work of fiction that you reached up and yanked out of your colon?

It's not a secret that the flood of low info #posting clowns, of which you're a prime example, have spammed the boards to the point that a lot of people just said screw it and stopped posting here.

You didn't "win" any "support" — the crybully moron mob just chased off a lot of people.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You didn't "win" any "support" — the crybully moron mob just chased off a lot of people.

^^^^
This.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

The problem is however now you will be accused of the name-calling, I don't think they quite get it though, I don't quite think they see how the kind of language they use actually makes a statement like this pretty accurate to some. Its not really name-calling, its just saying it like it is. Its like when you call someone ignorant, its not name calling, its just calling it like it is sometimes.

I think that is what your above statement is, sure its going to be controversial but I personally just see it as you calling it as it is.
edit on 30-10-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It's not a secret that the flood of low info #posting clowns, of which you're a prime example, have spammed the boards to the point that a lot of people just said screw it and stopped posting here. 

Mirror Mirror on the wall.

I remember a time when you brought real info to ATS but now you are no better then those you try talking down.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

All anyone has to do is click on your name then click flags and see all of your threads form 2015 16 and 17 pop up to the top and have the most flags.

HMMM I wonder why that is? MAybe because your support has dwindled down to about 25 posters.

How about you start by addressing the fact that your OP is a complete work of fiction that you reached up and yanked out of your colon?

It’s true. It’s hard to have open ended conversations around here without being bullied by a certain group of members and called names.

I’m a right leaning centrist and I can see it.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

"Not so much" because of both sides though not just the rights right?

Ignorance has no Left or Right.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: putnam6
Been lurking on ATS long before my joined date (2005) you could used to go days and even a week or so without a political thread. It was there but there wasn't the hyper partisanship or the hateful vitriol.

mediabiasfactcheck.com...

Heres the Media Bias report on ATS

Home » Above Top Secret
Above Top Secret

CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE
Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.

Factual Reporting: LOW

Notes: Above Top Secret is a right wing bias conspiracy site. It has all the themes you would expect. Mostly though, Above Top Secret, does not like liberal politics and demonstrates a strong right wing bias in reporting and wording. (1/13/2017)

Again, for those without sufficient iq to grasp it themselves.

It’s NOT that ats is right leaning or anti-left.
It’s that most people on the entire planet are right leaning or anti-left.

Even antedeluded knows this. EVERY leftist knows it to be true. EVERY person knows it to be true.

Its attitudes like this that are a huge part of the problem, no most of the world is not right leaning. You cannot make a statement like that as if it is a fact when there isn't anything to back it up.

There seems to be a problem on ATS right now of members confusing their opinions with actual facts.

I also think that attitudes like this are what contribute to division within politics, this annoying propensity to constantly attempt to vilify the other side of the political spectrum. It undermines your arguments in my opinion.

You’re deluded

The VAST MAJORITY of people are NOT leftists.

Not in Africa, not in Asia and DEFINITELY not in the Middle East where extreme far-right anti-leftist culture is the most prevalent.

Not even in western societies are most people leftists. ONLY the media is

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

So what about most of Europe, China, Auz, NZ, the list goes on.

Do you even know what the political left is?

Dude you cannot claim that it is a fact that most of the world is right or left, thats just nonsense.

Funny how asking for evidence now makes one deluded on ATS.....how very far we have fallen.

Please take the time to learn that your opinion is not a fact.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I just kind of wish the left/right stuff would end...i'd be willing to bet if people actually discussed their political views properly on here there would actually be a lot more in common than people on here seem to realize. I know I personally have agreed and disagreed with various things on ATS with people who would say they're either left or right. I've agreed with some people on some issues and disagreed with those same people on others depending.

From what I can tell honestly, in response to one of the posts above...most people actually aren't one or the other but have beliefs and opinions that fall on both sides for different issues. Except for maybe those few noisy extremists you hear that absorb everything from their favourite news source and regurgitate it back as their new creed.

But most people really aren't shallow minded one sided caricatures.
edit on 30/10/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Before all of his ant Trump BS and all of the anti Trump media in general I enjoyed and starred and flagged his threads.

I swear to god if it wasnt for all of the anti Trump bs I would never even feel the need to post a serious political thread defending POTUS.

So there's no room on this site for someone to criticize Trump? Sometime him or his admin does things we should be critical of and discuss.

I don't like any area that deals in absolutes. Absolutely all pro-Trump/anti-Trump just means no room for discussion.

I defend the admin sometimes and criticize it others.

God forbid.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Dude you cannot claim that it is a fact that most of the world is right or left, thats just nonsense.

Funny how asking for evidence now makes one deluded on ATS.....how very far we have fallen.

Most people in Europe, China and the pacific are most definitely NOT leftists

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I'm no hardcore rightist or leftist (I consistently "test" as a pretty hard libertarian, and I certainly align with their platform much more than the other two), but in the spirit of denying ignorance, which is the motto of this site, it's impossible not to defend the president right now against the ignorant ideologues who, at every possible turn (and some even impossible, but there they are), try to spread half-truths, lies, and unfounded claims and accusations as fact concerning Trump.

That's why there is this perception--when I first joined, it felt like a rather left-leaning site because Obama was in office. It made the transition somewhere in the last year or two of his last term.

It's all about perception, but I'm pretty certain that most people on this site are rather independent in their thinking, barring the well known folks who are unapologetically hard left and right.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Oh look, another anti Left/Pro Trump thread. What are the odds?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Most people in Europe, China and the pacific are most definitely NOT leftists

Ok Europe has a population of about 750 Million now to prove this statement as fact you would have to find some way of proving or at the very least suggesting that over half of them on the right of the political spectrum.

Now if you actually look at the politics of Europe and don't just pull it out of your ass you will notice that actually most of the EU is centrist

Furthermore if you look at European views on specific issues then it starts to become even more clear that the politics of Trump is pretty unpopular in our part of the world.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: gortex

I just kind of wish the left/right stuff would end...i'd be willing to bet if people actually discussed their political views properly on here there would actually be a lot more in common than people on here seem to realize. I know I personally have agreed and disagreed with various things on ATS with people who would say they're either left or right. I've agreed with some people on some issues and disagreed with those same people on others depending.

From what I can tell honestly, in response to one of the posts above...most people actually aren't one or the other but have beliefs and opinions that fall on both sides for different issues. Except for maybe those few noisy extremists you hear that absorb everything from their favourite news source and regurgitate it back as their new creed.

But most people really aren't shallow minded one sided caricatures.

This is very true.

I am not one dimensional and have a sense of respect for some conservative leaning ideas though Inconsider myself to be middle-left in the spectrum. I am in a very liberal city, and so it can be good to hear other points of view, but then it just seemed to get more and more polarized and crazy, and I was pigeonholed into being a “ leftist” and therefore worthy of insult and attack.

I have never called anyone here a racist or a Nazi or whatever. What I see when I try to reach out is that Trump’s Wall was clearly built, and the bricks and mortar are ideological and nearly impossible to break through.

I wish you well.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't like any area that deals in absolutes. Absolutely all pro-Trump/anti-Trump just means no room for discussion.

I defend the admin sometimes and criticize it others.

God forbid.

Funny I find myself in this kind of situation.

Yet ATS makes me feel like I am harder to the left at times and its not because I am rather its just because of the absolutes. I think we have kind of fell into this trap where you are either part of Team Trump or your not and we fight it out in the mud-pit in some kind of never-ending ideological death match where there is no room for anyone to kind of float in the middle.

I have defended Trump, Its just that quite a lot of the time from my perspective that isn't very much he says or does that can be defended and he seems to do quite a good job of attracting criticism.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
All of a sudden the tides have turned?

I'm sorry but I am mostly a reader, and as an outside reader, ATS has always been pro-Trump and had far larger numbers of Trump support than opposition. Always. To say otherwise is a biased opinion from a participant.

But it is understandable. The left has CNN and MSNBC, and ABC and CBS and PBS and pretty much any online chat board you go to is mostly left.

The right has FOX. That's it. That's why the alt right has a few forums that are predominantly far right. Like ATS, Gab, GLP and so on. Without those few sites there would be no where to vent, nowhere to chat.

I think it's good sites like ATS exist or the alt-right really would have no outlet, nowhere to feel at home and be surrounded by similar opinions.

So, yes, it may seem to you like the tides are turning but that is only because anyone not alt-right seems to be leaving ATS from where I'm observing, or they are posting far, far less, leaving only the right to frolic. ATS is becoming a much smaller community, very focused and on the same page in their beliefs.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

ohhhh.... they don't like it when you call them out as being "alt-right"

Don't know what they would prefer though...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

originally posted by: theantediluvian

It’s true. It’s hard to have open ended conversations around here without being bullied by a certain group of members and called names.

I’m a right leaning centrist and I can see it.

This is true. I find it very hard to have a normal conversation or a debate here without being bullied or called names. It's kind of off-putting. And the staff is no help as it is very hard to distinguish who is bullying, staff or members... the attitude and the language is the same.

It's best to post what you want and then leave for a few hours and let the bullies say what they have to. Then come back and ignore all that and find the few intelligent posts in between all the drivel.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Mahogany

ohhhh.... they don't like it when you call them out as being "alt-right"

Don't know what they would prefer though...

What else do you call them?

They are far right to the normal everyday right we see at work or among friends. None of my friends, even the conservative ones are as extreme as this site is.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm going to post this one more time just in case anyone passed it over who might benefit from it. I think the guy is a legitimate liberal but it could be a parody I guess.

I sincerely don't believe the rabid name-calling and shouting down on ATS and elsewhere started with the conservatives although I'm sure there were conservatives who did early on too. That goes for the on-campus activists and free-speech deniers as well. Funny that OtherSide talks about conservative "mobs" and Mahogany referencing "bullying" lol.

Check this out if you haven't. It will probably help your liberal voice next presidential elections if you grok it.

edit on 30-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join