It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if an intruder was in your house?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Kel Tec made a tool I fell for a few years back. Bullpup 12 Ga. double magazine tube, each holding 6 magnum shells with a selector to switch between magazines. One magazine is loaded with slugs and the other is loaded with buckshot. I am a light sleeper and live in a city that's rotting from the inside out, so...

Yea, the Bull Pup had my eyes twinkling. I'm too frugal though and chose to just alternate rounds. 00 Slug 00 Slug 00.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Pity the poor fool that tries your house!

I'm a super light sleeper too.

One night I heard chewing. Yes, chewing. I was scared to death and woke my husband up. He was sleepy angry and asked "chewing!!!?".. We open the patio door, and sure enough there were racoons chewing on my plants. He never questions me waking him at night again! Btw, raccoon chewing sounds are creeeeepy!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Lol at the creepy Raccoon chewing sounds!

The odd fox here, maybe occasional badger, boring wildlife to be honest, except summer when the gulls come back, they are proper thieves, will divebomb and steal from your hand, I've lost food from my hand 3 times in my life, folk know to keep burgers or whatever close to your chest if eating outside.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Lab4Us

Here is what i'm going to get:

Most excellent. I may need to add that to my “Criminals, save yourselves” signage already in place!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I have 'incidental tools' laying around my house

Two great 'incidental tools' to have here would be wasp spray, and contact lens disinfectant
Anyone that has ever mistaken contact lense disinfectant with contact lens solution knows they would not wish that on
their worst enemy. Seriously, grab contact lens disinfectant and give a big squirt to the burglars eyes, he will be crying on the ground begging for mercy and seriously questioning his life choices!

"Homeowner stops would be robber with contact lens disinfectant!"

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I would try to cut their head off with my Falcata.

My wife would stab them and my daughter would probably use the bat I gave her for that purpose.

I dont want to kill anyone, but I have NO issue killing someone.
edit on 10 30 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm really digging the stuff Kel Tec has been putting out, I picked up a Sub 2k and love it. Was looking at the 12 gauge as well as the RDB, would love to try either out at a range, but no one has one that I know of and nowhere here has any for rent for lane time.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If someone has come into my home without invitation, they've ignored the signs on the door (a recent addition), two very loud dogs (a chihuahua, and a terrier who thinks he's Godzilla--kinda sounds like Godzilla upon occasion.). My sister and her husband don't get around as well as the used to, nor does my other sister. Hell, I don't, though I'm quite a lot sprier than they are...

I will take no chances. None. They'll hear me coming, and that's all the warning they're getting.

Home defense is a 20 gauge coach gun, loaded with #6 shot, to prevent over penetration. Backup is a .45 auto, 12 rd mag. If for some unknown reason, I ever need more than that, tertiary backup is an Arkansas toothpick (and I never, ever want to get into a fight with a knife, ever again, three times is about four times too many.). I practice transitioning one to the other every time I go to the range.

...and they won't be walking out. There will be only one story. Mine. If he isn't armed at the time, he have one of the kitchen knives in his hand, or laying nearby.

It's cold, yep. All that, and more. But he's taken his life into his hands when he enters into my home, disregarding every warning I've got in place. Signs. Locked door/windows. Dogs barking. The sound of me comin' up the stairs.
edit on 10/30/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Tell it that the Big Money is in the cellar downstairs. Then boom BOOM--out go the lights!

When it wakes up in the old well, I lower a bucket down on a line. It doesn't get any food unless it rubs the lotion on its skin...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ad1220
I have 2 American Staffordshire Terriers, one of which is close to 85lbs. I highly doubt anyone will be breaking into my house.

I have 3 staffies kept inside for security, a nuclear family, mom is under 60#, but dad & lad are 80#+.
When they alert, I send out the big dogs, pyrenees mix & pit mix outside and keep my staffies inside.
My property is surrounded by county land and my local city PD has been advised I dont have a front yard, I have a free-fire zone.
My next door neighbor has half a dozen dogsa and a policeman who works in the next county.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My dogs, hopefully, would alert me. That's why I have them, I also, untested, hope my german sherpard would protect us or at least the children. I have a nice aluminum baseball bat beside the bed and I'm trained to use it effectively. It's like, like a cop nightstick. They might kill me, but hopefully not before I hit a couple of homeruns.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'd bust out the rotary phone. "Zed? Maynard. Yeah, spider just caught a couple of flies..."

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
My dogs, hopefully, would alert me. That's why I have them, I also, untested, hope my german sherpard would protect us or at least the children.

This is one of the reasons why my family has always owned Blue Heelers. They're not the biggest dog in the world, but my God they make up for it with tenacity, an insane level of protectiveness, zero fear, and what can only be described as a constant seething rage waiting to boil over. I could never have new friends over growing up without a long, drawn out introduction and instruction period with the dogs. My best friend was family because they'd grown up around him as much as they did around me, so we could beat the piss out of each other legitimately and the dogs would quietly sit and watch, but any new friend just play fighting with either of us would get hackles raised, and a pair of snarling Heelers ready to eat hatred and crap evil.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

I have 2 females, one is a full-blooded Amstaff (she's the big one) & the other is 1/2 Amstaff. Both of them stay inside. It's funny because people are terrified of the big one& she's the sweet one (unless you mess w/one of my kids).
edit on 30-10-2018 by ad1220 because: typo

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ad1220

We rescued a Staffy and soon became my wife's service animal. You probably know already but anytime you get to horseass'n around, someone always gets hurt (blood drawn) or clothes ripped & destroyed. I mean like WoW, wouldn't want that dawg coming after me pissed off. Their growl is blood curdling and they mean business.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

My husband likes to get them all riled up & he usually ends up bleeding too. The amazing thing about them (mine at least) is that they can go from being all jacked up to completely submissive as soon as one of my kids gets near them. They are by far the most misunderstood breed. I totally agree with you though, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of a pissed of Amstaff or Staffy!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I caught a illegal teen in my truck taking the speakers out of the doors.

A quarter of a can of bear repellent later the poor kid was burning from head to foot but for some reason he was still breathing just fine.
It must have something to do with the hot food they eat.

I then held hit at cattle prod point till the cops showed up.

I think the cops were a little peeved at me because they had to handcuff him to the floor of there car because the bear repellent was so strong.
The cops had to take him to the fire station to be hosed down so they could take him to jail.

The cops did a investigation and found a shed at his parents home full of stolen property.

The parents had there kids doing thefts and then on weekends they would take all the stolen property to swap meets and sell it.

If the kids got caught they only got a slap on the hands and nothing happened to the parents.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Good thing 'merican kids don't do bad things.

You sort of went off topic. For some reason.

edit on 10/31/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I thought it was on-topic, it was about a thief being caught and the method used.
Okay, it was a vehicle not a house, but still personal property 'space' which someone intruded on to steal.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

edit on 31-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: Double post

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join