It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if an intruder was in your house?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I actually had someone break into my house 8 years ago. Me and my ole lady were asleep in bed, my step daughter in the other room sleeping. I woke up to hear someone walking up our stairs heavily, so I knew it wasn't my step daughter, because she weighed 60 lbs soak and wet.

I got out of bed and went out in the hall way to see what looked like a college aged male walk into my 12 year old step daughters bedroom. I didn't shoot him. I beat his ass until the police showed up. The wife called the police because I woke her and told her to before I went out.

Here the kid was wasted and thought he was locked out of his own apartment. Thought my door was his. Ended up in court with me just demanding he paid for a few things that got damaged during his thrashing and the charges being dropped and he attended a substance abuse program. Of course the prosecuting attorney wasn't happy with my demands, but I couldn't see ruining a young stupid mans life for being a drunk/drugged idiot. He suffered enough with the beating he got.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Some years ago intruders got in my home took what they wanted from my

living room, including my hand bag and left.

I didnt realise I had had unwelcome visitors till I walked in in the morning

with a cup of coffee and the window was open and many things missing.

I am not a heavy sleeper and cant understand how I hadn't woke up. Many

years later and I still get phased and nervous sometimes.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Blast em.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Secure the wife and kid, make sure she is armed, unleash the dogs (they are extremely territorial, if you are inside our house without invitation they will at a minimum corner you) arm myself and take a position to control the approach to my wife and kid.

Of course also have her call 911 while I work the dogs and my own self protection.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
I'm a pretty chilled guy most of the time, but if you come onto my property, you're going to wish you were never born. I, like everyone else, work hard to have a home and a decent life. If someone wants to get in the way of that, they would be sorry.

To answer the OP. Maybe offer them some sound advice. On the end of my boot.

I think we might be on the same wavelength dude.

I'm a happy go lucky guy that would go out of his way to help people, but if someone effs with my friends or myself, even my broken arm and possible hernia couldn't stop me from wailing on them. ::/
edit on 30-10-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I live it Texas and I would use force if the situation justified it which means the intruder presents a clear and present danger. It that case the county would have have another body to bury and I would need a lawyer and my carry insurance.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
While I don’t salivate for my two medium sized 60lb Staffies to rip someone apart, should they not fulfill their protection responsibilities and we’re home, the wife and I will ensure the housebreaker suffers before either of us do...be it via use of deadly force or otherwise. We do practice our marksmanship weekly as sort of a standing date...

Now to help out said criminals, I have 12” by 18” Beware of Dog signs posted at entry points, as well as similar sized No Soliciting signs, replete with full definition. Should they choose not to read, that is fully on said criminals.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Here the kid was wasted and thought he was locked out of his own apartment. Thought my door was his.

I actually did that 2 days ago in my apartment complex... wasn't drunk or anything, just had to get up early to go do something and was still half asleep.

I was walking up the stairs from the basement car park and obliviously went to the ground floor, instead of the 1st floor where I live... the layout of the hallway is identical.

Anyway, my key obviously didn't work, so I'm jiggling the lock getting really frustrated that I'm locked out of my house cause the lock was broken or my key was stuffed or something... Then this poor Indian women swings open the door looking really freaked out!

Obviously, I then realized my mistake and just said, "oh s#, sorry! I'm on the wrong floor"... It was incredibly embarrassing! I feel really sorry for the lady too. It'd be enough to freak anyone out if you were just chillin out in your home and some moron starts jiggigling the door handle.

Guess I'm lucky she didn't have a gun and an itchy trigger finger.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Blast em.

Generally I feel that way. However, I thank God or fate for that night. I had a weapon but was so worried about my step daughter I didn't grab it. This young stupid man could have been carted out in a body bag and I most likely would have been cleared, however, knowing after the fact he wasn't a threat wouldn't have been an easy thing to live with.

He wanted me arrested for assaulting him and the cop looked at him and said, "You ought to shut up, if it was my house you broke into, I would have shot you, you don't know how lucky you are.".

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

That;s an unfair characterization of hunters the vast majority of whom actually like people and don't dream about shooting them. What would I do ? If they are not looking to escape yes, I'd probably shoot them. If you're disabled the odds of you winning a fight is not very good.

I don't think the hunters near me classify criminals as human.. there is probably some racist undertones too, but let's not get into that.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I was actually devastated for my intruder after stabbing him, he was in shock and lots of pain, #ing knife sticking out his back. I switched straight into first aid mode, tended his wound, well wrapped it in a temporary clean towel, phoned paramedics, told him he was gonna be alright just stay calm because help is coming etc. Once he was no longer a threat he became a victim who I had a duty of care for.

I feel my hands getting sweaty just reading what you wrote. How terrifying, and yet I bet you anything that dude never intruded again!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
First blast is rock salt.
If that doesn't send them immediately in the other direction they're getting double-ought and fed to the pigs.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'd draw down on them and give loud repeated verbal commands to get the hell out of my house or I'll shoot. If they left in peace, they'd leave without additional holes.

If they displayed a weapon or advanced on a man holding a loaded gun pointed at them, I'd shoot them until they no longer presented a threat.

Then I'd call the local constabulary and then an attorney. Medical personnel would not be required.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I have 2 American Staffordshire Terriers, one of which is close to 85lbs. I highly doubt anyone will be breaking into my house.
edit on 30-10-2018 by ad1220 because: no reason

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I was terrified, I didn't know how many people were in the house, but like I said, as soon as he became a victim and not a threat I treated him as I would any other human being. I'd have performed CPR if I'd needed to. I've had fights in the past, knocked someone out them immediately put them in the recovery position. I massively care about fellow man, even if it has been violent.
...I think the only time I wouldn't tend injured would be an extreme circumstance like someone killing or raping a loved one...but then I don't know, thankfully never been in a position like that.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Here is what i'm going to get:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Haha I live in a street with million £'s apartments, never mind the big houses. My little house is a converted cattle shed, maybe got 8 cows in it 200 years ago lol, any thieves scoping my place will walk on by from me, haven't painted the outside for like 5 years, the neighbours know they're getting robbed before I will.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Watch the dogs rip em a new one. Then clean up the mess.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: calwoodbutcher
My best mate has two Old English Bulldogs, they are both nimble and incredibly strong, friendly as kittens with people but even I wouldn't intrude on their territory. If his front door is unlocked then I just walk in his house, but I always shout 'Only me' so the dogs know it's me and can stay chilling on their sofa without going into guard mode lol

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Kel Tec made a tool I fell for a few years back. Bullpup 12 Ga. double magazine tube, each holding 6 magnum shells with a selector to switch between magazines. One magazine is loaded with slugs and the other is loaded with buckshot. I am a light sleeper and live in a city that's rotting from the inside out, so...

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join