It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if an intruder was in your house?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Grab my piece and ask if they're feeling lucky.

link   
Shoot to kill. Then ask them what the heck they thought they were doing.

link   

There is what we want to do and should do to protect ourselves and what we will actually do.

Hopefully they are the same.

Fact is you never know quite how you're going to react.

I know most people here are Rambo but it's hard to say just how you will react when you are sleeping and have to go from 0 to 10 at 2am

link   
Honestly.

I pray I never find out.

Taking a life isn't easy.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Back in the days of University I woke to a friend climbing in through my kitchen window in my apartment. He was super smashed and thought he was at his home. I guess lost his keys. After I heated some pizza and grabbed a bottle of water he passed out. Then right before class I came out of the room to find him taking a piss in my dishwasher...... Never will forget that day.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
That;s an unfair characterization of hunters the vast majority of whom actually like people and don't dream about shooting them.

What would I do ? If they are not looking to escape yes, I'd probably shoot them. If you're disabled the odds of you winning a fight is not very good.

link   
I've done it many years ago, grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed him through the shoulder area, then when I realised he was alone I wrapped a clean towel around the knife which was still sticking through him, and called paramedics.
Authorities deemed it to be reasonable force so it didn't go to court or anything.
I'd do it again, just as before, taking care not to damage vital organs. Nobody deserves to die for trying to steal my laptop or whatever.

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

When you have a wife and daughter in your home and you locked the doors before heading off to bed, I think I will error on the side of caution.

But I will be armed.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Think about this often as being in Florida and knowing this has happened just two doors from me, my mean smallish mutt would go for it because he hates everyone and especially men but I am afraid the intruder could hurt him so I would try to keep him away and then I would probably cry like a baby and tell them to take what they want and go.

Just being honest here. I hate guns even though I come from a family of hunters but that is not something the women in my family have ever done. I am old and this was the old southern way.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
First I would politely introduce him to my friends, Smith & Wesson....

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Considering you don't like guns it is good you don't have one. Also your strategy of give them what they want could prove to be safer than confronting an intruder with a gun. I will say that a crossbow may be handy for those that don't want a gun around. Though does the same damage it also would be more comfortable to keep around.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Go super saiyan, or if your not a saiyan grab a knife, take cover and wait, ill give further instructions after my intruder story.

I was robbed a few months ago, and the perp returned, i was outside and saw him skulking around, so I tailed him and sure enough he sniffed out my place, i was literally one step behind him. He opened my screen door and I held it open for the dumbass, then he tried to open the wooden door without knocking so I knew he was up to no good. I smashed the screen door against his head, slammed him against the wall and after a struggle my hand was in a vice like grip around his throat...but i digress.

Learn Aikido or Hapkido, if you are up for the training. if not, buy a derringer and keep it under your pillow, you can fire them from the hip, they also pack a punch too. Stay safe.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm a pretty chilled guy most of the time, but if you come onto my property, you're going to wish you were never born. I, like everyone else, work hard to have a home and a decent life. If someone wants to get in the way of that, they would be sorry.

To answer the OP. Maybe offer them some sound advice. On the end of my boot.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Probably call an ambulance...for him.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hopefully the sound of a 870 being racked does the trick and they leave, I really hope that's the case as I wouldn't want to have to shoot anyone.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I have always had the idea that, in my situation at least, the intruder could/would take my "weapon" and turn it on me. So, I would never try to use a bat, a knife or anything that would rachet up their anger.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
I'm a pretty chilled guy most of the time, but if you come onto my property, you're going to wish you were never born. I, like everyone else, work hard to have a home and a decent life. If someone wants to get in the way of that, they would be sorry.

I was actually devastated for my intruder after stabbing him, he was in shock and lots of pain, #ing knife sticking out his back.
I switched straight into first aid mode, tended his wound, well wrapped it in a temporary clean towel, phoned paramedics, told him he was gonna be alright just stay calm because help is coming etc.
Once he was no longer a threat he became a victim who I had a duty of care for.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: rhynouk

I was actually devastated for my intruder after stabbing him, he was in shock and lots of pain, #ing knife sticking out his back.
I switched straight into first aid mode, tended his wound, well wrapped it in a temporary clean towel, phoned paramedics, told him he was gonna be alright just stay calm because help is coming etc.
Once he was no longer a threat he became a victim who I had a duty of care for.

I'm not a violent person either and wouldn't use force unless I really had to. I think when someone enters your home like that you go into survival mode. Not that you want to, it is just built into us. Credit though using your first aid knowledge and helping him. Others might have just let him bleed out.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk
I have 'incidental tools' laying around my house, my favourite being my sharpened plastering trowel, you can defend against knives with it like a shield as well as slash in defence.
NOTE TO BRITS IN THIS THREAD:
It is illegal to keep items stored solely for the purpose of defence in your home, and the only justifiable emotion to use reasonable force is fear for your safety or the safety of others.
If you happen to grab an 'incidental tool' to defend yourself because you feared for your safety then you are good to go, even a pre-emptive strike is acceptable if you feared they would strike first.
Never ever tell cops you kept the tool for defence purposes and never ever say you were angry, only scared for your safety.

...yes to my US friends it is ridiculous, but if I can save one Brit getting prosecuted with this advice then I'm happy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join