It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if an intruder was in your house?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There has been a rash of both car and house break ins where I live. This is very unusual for our area.
Also this is a very pro-gun area.

Friends security cameras captured an intruder going to four different houses and even being brazen enough to
stop and have a beer in one of the houses.

He finally picked the wrong house in which the owner shot at him several time. The owner deliberately missed the intruder because as was
running away. I have no doubt the owner was being truthful, the folks out here don't miss.

I have been lucky enough to not have to experience an intruder, although I've had cars broken into before. I can't even imagine the range of emotions of seeing an actual intruder in ones house. I'm guessing it would be fight or flight.

I hate to say it but the parts I live in, there are people that actually look forward to someone breaking in their homes so they have a chance to "get em". Isn't that sick? I mean, I have no sympathy for loser thieves, junkies and burglars, but there is a twisted mindset out here too. I can guarantee you, if criminals really knew how some of the people are out here in the county, they would stay away. Some neighbors are salivating at the thought of their large dogs tearing people apart. Just a note for any would be burglars, don't rob places where people hunt for hobby, and have dogs the size of horses! duh!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Offer the a cup of tea and a smoke

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Kidnap them.

Sell them and or their organs on the black market.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Not miss

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

That totally reminded me of a comedy skit I heard a long time ago

"we were so poor when burglars came to our house, we robbed them"

link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

It depends on where you don't miss, if they are running outside of your house in some states, that's prison time for you!

link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

That totally reminded me of a comedy skit I heard a long time ago

"we were so poor when burglars came to our house, we robbed them"

hahhhahaha that's a good

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ask them if they are armed. If they say yes, I shoot them.
(a play off Robin Williams' line in Good Morning Vietnam regarding identifying "Charlie")

edit on 10/30/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

What would you do if an intruder was in your house?

Have my urine loaded squirt gun set on full auto.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Have my urine loaded squirt gun set on full auto.

I said a house intrusion, not what you want to record on your phone!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The real dilema is which gun to use?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Introduce them to my "little friend".

His names Todd. He's 4 foot 3 but please don't act like you notice, he's very sensitive about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
My husband and I joke around...
If someone tried to break in first they'd have to get by my Dane. Then they'd have to get past me (10 years MMA/Krav here) if all else fails they'd better be wearing bullet proof everything. The end.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Depends on what they want. Food, should asked, material things, that if I can part with it.

Anything to do with sex...well, remember what the Predator did to those mercenaries in the movie?

edit on 30-10-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Shoot them. Forced entry means that they are fair game. My State went to Castle Doctrine.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Holy snip this thread has made my day😂

If someone was intruding into my home....well let's just say god help them. There will be no skin to put lotion on.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Fallingdown

It depends on where you don't miss, if they are running outside of your house in some states, that's prison time for you!

The question was "inside" your house not outside.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A friend woke up to noise in his kitchen a few years ago. Big bearded fellow, total stranger, trying to make a sandwich. At around 2 in the morning. He said hello, helped the guy finish making the sandwich, and made him coffee as well. All was good.

Me, I have two big dogs, one is the size of a pony....hoping that’s enough.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Irrelevant. They would never get within 20' without all three dogs waking up the entire neighborhood.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Actually that’s not as clear-cut as you would think in my state. We are allowed to use lethal force to defend property during the commission of a crime .

Justification of force in the protection of property also was modified by the Castle Doctrine. The justification of using physical force in protection of property in KRS 503.080(1)(a) was changed as follows, with the new language underlined:
The commission of criminal trespass, robbery, burglary or other felony involving the use of force, or under those circumstances permitted pursuant to KRS 503.055, in a dwelling, building or upon real property in his possession or in the possession of another person for whose protection he acts; . . .

www.kledispatches.ky.gov...

The legality of justifiable use of force for protection of property is there. I will admit it’s a little tricky and you better have a damn good lawyer .

But I wouldn’t shoot anyone or running away unless they posed a threat to someone .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join