It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Americans Raise Upwards of $150,000 for Synagogue Massacre Victims

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If anyone is looking for a reminder of the beauty of humanity, or what really is and has always been great about America, the following story is a good place to start.

A post on LaunchGood, which is a Muslim based crowdfunding site, has generated over $150,000 in donations to help ease the funeral and medical expenses of the victims of the Pittsburgh massacre.

Two Muslim-led nonprofits, CelebrateMercy and MPower Change, organized the fundraising drive in partnership with the Islamic Center of Pittsburgh and the Tree of Life Synagogue, which will work together to distribute the funds to victims and their families.

Tarek El-Messidi founded CelebrateMercy in an effort to combat hatred with acts of love/kindness. He stated:

“We recognize that the money can’t bring back loved ones that [families] have lost so tragically, nor can it physically heal any of the wounds,” “But we do hope the money can in some way lift their spirits, lift the burdens of funeral expenses and medical costs.”

A statement released by the Islamic Center of Pittsburgh stands in solidarity with its Jewish brothers and sisters:

“The Pittsburgh Muslim Community extends our deepest sympathy and condolences to the victims, their families, and all of our Jewish brothers and sisters. We condemn this hate crime unequivocally, and denounce all forms of hatred and bigotry. The Pittsburgh community is our family; what happens to one of us, is felt by us all.”

time.com...

Wasi Mohammed, head of the Islamic Center of Pittsburgh, in the following statement let the Jewish community know that the Muslim community stood with them and wanted to offer whatever the former might need. Even to the point of standing guard outside of services so that people might feel safe.

We just want to know what you need. If it's more money, let us know. If it's people outside your next service protecting you, let us know we'll be there,' he said.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This is a prime example of what I love about America. All my admiration goes out to the people who boldly and in their own quiet ways defy the divisive rhetoric with compassionate and loving action.

ETA: The more I read up on CelebrateMercy, the more I love it. Check this out:

This latest fundraiser is only the latest of CelebrateMercy’s outreach efforts, which they say are inspired by the teachings and life of the Prophet Mohamed. Following the 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya, the group organized a campaign for Muslims from around the world to write condolence letters to the family of slain Ambassador Chris Stevens. In the end, they helped send 7,700 letters from Muslims in 115 countries. The group has also raised hundred of thousands of dollars to benefit the San Bernardino shooting victims in 2015, and to repair vandalized Jewish cemeteries in St. Louis and Philadelphia in 2017.

edit on 30-10-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

If anyone is looking for a reminder of the beauty of humanity, or what really is and has always been great about America, the following story is a good place to start.

Agreed. It does give me hope for America.

Now if only a bunch of working-class, white good-ole-boys with NRA memberships would do exactly the same thing, I'd be even more optimistic.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

I wish everyone would follow suit!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Great to hear.

Being that Muslims are also Semites, they are helping their brothers and sisters.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Optics are important.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

as an arab Muslim, im proud of them, and as a Trump supporter, i believe that he is the cause of this some kind of unity, we are human beings after all and should take care of each other, i support them here thousands of miles away and would love to go over there to march with them and support them.

no made up fake religion shall divide us, we are one as humans, foock extremists every where in every religion

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

As are actions.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Shouldn't be news is the sad thing..

This happens fairly regularly from all americans, saddens me that its considered news.

new topics

top topics

join