It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Targeting Birthright Citizenship With Executive Order

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
It would be that you become a US citizen when at least one of your parents are a US citizen.

No, anyone whose parents are legal in the U.S. and have children, their children will still become U.S. citizens...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: Somekindofwizard

Any person in the United States is subject to the laws and the constitutional protections of the United States.

Nope... the Constitution specifically states "citizens" or "legal alien." It does not say anywhere that illegal immigrants are included...

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

The 14th amendment was amended after the civil war to give citizenship status to freed slaves and their children. Nowhere does it say that children of illegal aliens can become citizens when their parents have been illegal for a number of years.

edit on 30-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I hate to say this, because I appreciate his effort to curb illegal immigration, but President Trump is wrong speaking strictly on Constitutional terms. Which is exactly what terms we're speaking of and going to continue universally abiding by. The 14th amendment to our Constitution protects and upholds birthright citizenship

To say being born on American soil is anything other than being a fully native born American is not right. The border crisis needs to be solved but we will just have to find some way to do it within the confines of the Constitution

I understand there is some doubt/disagreement over the precise wording or who that wording applies to. But in these cases, when there is even the slightest doubt, we should always err on the side of protecting and upholding rights not the other way around. Anything less is inviting a slippery slope and risk concentrating even more power in one single branch

I support President Trump and I support his efforts, but I am not willing to abandon what I believe the Constitution says about birthright Citizenship. Is this country not the birth right of free Citizens born on its native soil?

edit on 10/30/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Alana Mastrangelo
‏Verified account @ARmastrangelo

First: the 14th Amendment was written to protect former slaves and their children, not for illegals to abuse

Second: Sen. Howard—who wrote the 14A—clarified that

Third: I find it hilarious we’re being lectured by the same people who have proudly called for the repeal of the 2A

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Great research XC thanks for sharing

Looks like this was the intent of 14A's drafters after all

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The drafter could have never imagined where a women would cross into the US on foot, sit down and give birth in the dirt while waiting for a 30K medivac ride to the nearest hospital where she would further draw from the systems before going on welfare and child support by the state forever.

I've known guys that fly the choppers, this crap needs to stop - if people want it, they can pay for it out of there own bank accounts instead of taxing everyone else to feel good. Especially given the number of straight up fraudsters that come in, draw benefits and go back to thier home country while still receiving them. There have been cases where over 100 different people were collecting benefits at the same address but could not be located.

Even if he could have imagined it, the intent of those passing it was certainly not to encourage this.
edit on 31-10-2018 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Here's a hypothetical.

A legal resident, not a citizen, dies in childbirth.

Now what?

Or, an illegal immigrant dies in childbirth. Now what. Deportation?

Newborns are not "under the jurisdiction?"

edit on 10/31/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Here's a hypothetical.

A legal resident, not a citizen, dies in childbirth.

Now what?

Or, an illegal immigrant dies in childbirth. Now what. Deportation?

Here's a hypothetical, anyone who wants to burden others, is forced to accept that burden personally or shut up.

A friend of mine works as a salesman at one of the largest Mercedes dealers in socal and claims 25-30% of their customers are on state aid - there are entire communities here were high end cars and food stamps coexist.

Meanwhile I'm working 80 hours a week average and paying through the nose to support people younger than me who don't want to work.

In California it's estimated only 22% of illegals are employed with the majority claiming aid.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
does this include white people ? you know the most illegal immigrant in the americas

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

Got it.

It's the dead mother's responsibility.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Got it.

It's the dead mother's responsibility.

Mortality during child birth is rare, but if you want to accept another 22 million in just in case I don't know what else to say except clearly if he undoes the law, responsibility would lie with the country of origin.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
does this include white people ? you know the most illegal immigrant in the americas

You're free to leave if you self hate Bay area.

I think though you should talk less out of one end and allow light particles into the other. Statistically most white people in the country immigrated in the later half of the last century, 80 years after the end of slavery and the better part of manifest destiny.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Mortality during child birth is rare

www.npr.org...

responsibility would lie with the country of origin.
So...deportation. Got it.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Mortality during child birth is rare

www.npr.org...

responsibility would lie with the country of origin.
So...deportation. Got it.

Ohhhh an NPR Pro Publica coloab as fact - I am going to stick to traditional sources which claim it's 14 vs Mexico's 38 - Honduras is 138 - BTW that's nearly the same odds as being hit by lightning in your life which is 10 in 100,000 so yes RARE

We never imported the child so I would call it a return to sender.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

What a surprise.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

What a surprise.

How many Honduran orphans do you currently house?

Does the number rhyme with zero?

BTW when Mexico wants to stop illegals they use machine guns mounted on vehicles so you should go there and protest.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yes.

Out of curiosity, do you consider yourself to be a Christian?

BTW when Mexico wants to stop illegals they use machine guns mounted on vehicles so you should go there and protest.
Really?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Yes.

Out of curiosity, do you consider yourself to be a Christian?

Really?

Out of curiosity, how many times have you crossed the border, gone into the shanty towns sandwiched between Rosarito Beach and TJ and brought clothing, food and water? to the people trying to make a better life but were rebuffed in there failed attempts to cross illegally?

I was there over a dozen times until one trip some off duty officers forced my parents down a dark road and tried to rob and perhaps murder them at gun point.

When you ask about my faith, your asking if I support you and everyone else being forced to help people because of what I believe.

I do not, there is nowhere in the book that insinuates that I should force my beliefs on anyone.

So I ask again, how many illegal immigrants do you house and care for?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I do not, there is nowhere in the book that commands me to do so.

Yeah.
The New Testament doesn't really command anything. Does it? Except maybe that golden rule stuff. But that's just if you want the Kingdom.

But, to be clear, I am not a Christian.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I almost forgot the part where Jesus said Democrat Ceasar demands taxes to bribe new voters and countries have no borders....

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join