It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shep Smith: Fox News anchor says caravan hysteria is about midterms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
As the man says, there is no invasion, and they are two months out from reaching the border.

“But Smith said that the caravan is at least two months from reaching the southern border of the United States, if they even decided to go there. He said the conversation about it only exists because of the approaching midterm elections on November 6.

"Tomorrow, the migrants, according to Fox News reporting, are almost two months away, if any of them actually come here," he said. "But tomorrow is one week before the midterm election, which is what all of this is about."

www.businessinsider.com...

How can anyone refute what Shep is saying?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Oh NOES!

How could this be?! No-one ever has used the threat of incoming immigrants for political gains, EVER! This is a completely new one to the world and we all should be very, very surprised.

How comes that I only can react with sarcasm when it comes to local USA-news and the shenanigans their politicians are doing?.. Yeah, maybe because I did not have my coffee yet (covfefe, haha!), and that I am a smarta$$ on politics done stupid. Could be. I need coffee.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I heard water be wet y'all.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Shep Smith is a dumbass. I thought we all knew that already? I guess he was ok while being "embedded" in Iraq... Then we found out that a lot of "coverage" there was fake. Just like shep Smith.

Are the "caravans" fake? Who knows anymore. But if they are then get them the Hell away from here, because this country doesn't even know what's real anymore. Go home. We don't even know what's real anymore here.

And you really want to live here? Seriously, go home. You'll find no solace here. We're busy trying to take care of ourselves.
edit on 30-10-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Smith came out at the exact time
Keeps his job now

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

The coverage is about the midterms, but there is indeed an invasion of sorts. What else would you call it? They can't be asylum seekers as they were offered asylum and it was declined.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Remember when journalists use to report the news?

Instead of making snip up ?

Sheperd doesn't.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Remember when journalists use to report the news?

Instead of making snip up ?

Sheperd doesn't.

Sheppard isn't a journalist. His reporters in the field are hand-picked by him to say what he wants them to say. He then does commentary on their reports, as a Liberal Democrat. Replace Smith with Pelosi and you'd have the hour of "news" every day.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Two months?!? By the time they show up me and Charlene will have been bored to tears.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

We shouldn't stop at caravans, hell let's stop Winnebago's from crossing the border!

How about we ban Trump from crossing the Canadian border in a Mercedes S class? after all many Canadians have french heritage, after all we all know what the Nazis did to the french.

Just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The media is 99% (far left) liberal.

If they are reporting on the caravan 24/7, who do you think it's supposed to help?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well watca reply to: HunkaHunka. Watching the news this a.m. everything Trump does is only for political considerations. Where do these people come from? They are inadvertently admitting that Trump has the edge as a political player while trying to make some sort of negative out of it. As if it’s new to them. The idea of politics.

edit on 30-10-2018 by Logarock because: S

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka.

He said the conversation about it only exists because of the approaching midterm elections on November 6.

This caravan could well be funded by the right, perhaps the reason they're so eager to reach the American border is so they can recieve their pay, which will have an armed guard, from what I've heard. OK the latter party is an exaggeration but I wouldn't put it past the right to fund this as a way to goad Trumpsters into a frenzy, anger is a good way to win votes.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Prescient point from the radio talker:

Trump's problem is that he thinks everything is about him. The press's problem is that they make everything about him. Sort of chicken and egg there.

But anyhoo ...

This caravan is the perfect opportunity to try to make people feel sorry for these poor, destitute mostly young, working age males ... oh, no, there are a few women and children! Make sure all your press shots feature them ... people seeking asylum.

Strange how they only decided this was the time to seek en masse a few weeks before an election. Strange how the country they are currently marching through offered them all they say they want and they refused. They are coming.

We won't ask them about any of that.

We knocked it out of the park on separating families at the border last time. We can surely make everyone care this time and your vote matters!
edit on 30-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

He said the conversation about it only exists because of the approaching midterm elections on November 6.

This caravan could well be funded by the right, perhaps the reason they're so eager to reach the American border is so they can recieve their pay, which will have an armed guard, from what I've heard. OK the latter party is an exaggeration but I wouldn't put it past the right to fund this as a way to goad Trumpsters into a frenzy, anger is a good way to win votes.

Even if what you say is true, the press is overall strangely incurious about this aren't they?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Oh but be afraid.... panic and then vote republican......

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The day after the elections the troops will be recalled.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Shivering in your boots over the women and children fleeing violence in their own country who wont even be here until January?

This is completely political. Anyone with even half a brain can see that.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: djz3ro

Even if what you say is true, the press is overall strangely incurious about this aren't they?

They are. But then again, if it is a right funded propaganda machine and it's a secret the Liberal media and the Left in general will see this as a way to attack Trump..

I don't think, if this is a paid-for propaganda machine, whether funded by left or right we will ever be any the wider.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Oh but be afraid.... panic and then vote republican......

Smartest thing I’ve ever seen you say... might have to print this out and frame it... 😘👌

top topics

<<   2 >>

join