It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megyn Kelly Gets Booted But What About Liberals like Jimmy Fallon And Jimmel Kimmel?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There was something about Megyn Kelly that just didn't sit well with me. I always thought of her as very intelligent, but also as a presumptuous, arrogant woman. I do think she got the raw end of the stick over her remarks concerning whether blackface is offensive as a Halloween costume. IMO, dressing up one's kids or yourself as blackface is very inappropriate, especially in today's PC culture. For the record, Kelly stated, in the now infamous clip, "...but back when I was a kid, that was OK, as long as you were dressing up as a character." I'm 57 years old and it was NEVER OK to dress up as blackface for Halloween back in the 60's and 70's.

She apologized, yet she still got fired. Did the two clowns in the clips below get fired over their "inappropriate" behavior? Yeah, I know they were dressed in character and it was a comedy sketch, but I still wonder why no one threatened to fire them about it back then. Is it because they're part of the Liberal Hollywood crowd? Your thoughts?

In Jimmy Kimmel’s case, the Blaze writes, he not only dressed up and wore make-up and body paint to parody Utah Jazz player Karl Malone, but spoke “with a defined speech impediment and acts in a manner that suggests he believes Malone is less than intelligent.”

www.mediaite.com...

If the defense of Kimmel or Fallon is that their performances were not meant to mock the race of those they were portraying or to further stereotypes, then that is almost the same exact premise that Megyn Kelly argued.

www.mediaite.com...

edit on 10/29/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/29/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
...and what about Sarah Silverman?

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

You are looking for actual fairness and integrity within todays media/hollywood escapades?

hahahahhahhah.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It's the standard hypocrisy of the Democrat Party.

No other reason exists.

😬

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Or, Robert Downey Jr.

I think Megan Kelly got a bad rap on this one too. But remember, Trump doesn't like her. She had blood coming out of her "whatever", when she moderated one of his debates, and she never really came back from that.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Is it because they're part of the Liberal Hollywood crowd? Your thoughts?

Yes, and everyone knows it.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

He had it all planned because he knew NBC would take her and get dinged like they did.

😎

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

You are looking for actual fairness and integrity within todays media/hollywood escapades?

hahahahhahhah.

Actors.

A bunch of people whose skillset is to lie well enough so that people will believe them.

And we should care what they think politically why?

edit on 29-10-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

hahahahhahhah.

A bunch of people whose skillset is to lie well enough so that people will believe them.

Actors... and we should care what they think politically why?

I always visit the plumber when I need roofing work done..don't you?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I think Megan Kelly got a bad rap on this one too. But remember, Trump doesn't like her. She had blood coming out of her "whatever", when she moderated one of his debates, and she never really came back from that.

If walking away with $69 Million to do absolutely nothing equates to “never really coming back” sign me up like a mother f’er... I’m in... I’m down... I’ll take it... 😜👍
edit on 29-10-2018 by SwissMarked because: 👌

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The Liberal double standard is an incredible thing.
It’s one of the symptoms of the mental illness that really stands out.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes, and out of that she become something of a hero to the left for speaking truth to power or something which is how she ended of on NBC for that and other things that happened at FOX before her tenure ended.

But the truth is that she was more Never Trump that truly left and it showed. NBC made a big investment for someone who wasn't able to be one of their own in a way they could handle.

Now, she's out.

And, yeah, I agree that blackface shouldn't be a big deal if you're using it to portray a character, especially if we're talking about a kid doing it. I knew a kid in high school who used it to be Buh Wheat from SNL.

He'd even studied Eddie Murphy's portrayal and had the dialect down. It was hilarious because he held character all day.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

hahahahhahhah.

Actors... and we should care what they think politically why?

I always visit the plumber when I need roofing work done..don't you?

I just go to the hair salon... Sasha knows everyone!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Last I checked, Megan Kelly is a political right wing pundit and not a comedian. That's the YUGE difference.

A better comparison would have been Rosanne Barr but at the end of the day companies can fire anyone they want, especially when it comes to racist remarks.

But Megan Kelly wasn't bringing in the ratings and MSNBC was looking for an out and they took it. It very well may cost the 69 million dollars so Megan is no victim here. With that said, get over it conservatives, stop with the victim complex and lame free speech argument. Companies fire people all the time for racist behavior.
edit on 29-10-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Democrats are screaming they want checks and balances in Congress.

But they love the checkless "single-parti" MSM.

😆Fake News iz zi enemi

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

We are in an era when communities are creating LAWS to keep children from enjoying halloween...

What's next... a license to "trick or treat" ?

It tells us something when one of the MSM is willing to pay 69 MILLION, to shut down a voice that THEY aggressively paid to hire her...

This is not America, this is a nation on the verge of losing it's founding...

Enough is enough... and I could care 1 iota for Kelly....

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
There was something about Megyn Kelly that just didn't sit well with me. I always thought of her as very intelligent, but also as a presumptuous, arrogant woman. I do think she got the raw end of the stick over her remarks concerning whether blackface is offensive as a Halloween costume. IMO, dressing up one's kids or yourself as blackface is very inappropriate, especially in today's PC culture. For the record, Kelly stated, in the now infamous clip, "...but back when I was a kid, that was OK, as long as you were dressing up as a character." I'm 57 years old and it was NEVER OK to dress up as blackface for Halloween back in the 60's and 70's.

She apologized, yet she still got fired. Did the two clowns in the clips below get fired over their "inappropriate" behavior? Yeah, I know they were dressed in character and it was a comedy sketch, but I still wonder why no one threatened to fire them about it back then. Is it because they're part of the Liberal Hollywood crowd? Your thoughts?

In Jimmy Kimmel’s case, the Blaze writes, he not only dressed up and wore make-up and body paint to parody Utah Jazz player Karl Malone, but spoke “with a defined speech impediment and acts in a manner that suggests he believes Malone is less than intelligent.”

www.mediaite.com...

If the defense of Kimmel or Fallon is that their performances were not meant to mock the race of those they were portraying or to further stereotypes, then that is almost the same exact premise that Megyn Kelly argued.

www.mediaite.com...

I agree in your take on Kelly as well and I don't think she did one thing wrong. I think her biggest mistake was to apologize to try an appease these whiny .01% of the liberals that have a melt down when they hear things like this. I honestly think that the people who complain are either paid to do it or they have some kind of serious legitimate mental condition (and I'm not grouping 99%+ of liberals into that category, just the ones who are offended at every single thing). When things like that happen you can NOT apologize ever. No reason to. She did nothing wrong. At most she should have said she was upset that some people were so upset about a/her non-upsetting comment and that she feels very sorry for the people who see the world this way. that would have been the best way to handle the situation. And then she should complain and tell everyone how upset she is that these upset complaining people took a benign comment and made such a fuss, blew it out of proportion causing countless others to become even more upset in the process. Then, just say that she felt very sorry for those people who were initially upset about the benign comment.

I think that would have been very clear, concise and initially upset party would have said she was allowed her opinions, right? Isn't that the way our country is supposed to work?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Sick of this thin skinned social justice crud. Pansy assed thin skinned looking for any frivolous transgression fruitloops.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Oh....
yea........

I know Sasha....

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
She had it coming when she left fox. She let her personal feelings override rational thought. I won’t lose one second of sleep because she got her comeuppance.

This is a lesson from the left. They will turn on you in a Instant .
edit on 29-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join