It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you conservative or a trump supporter?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Trump literally just said at a rally he's a nationalist. That isn't centralist, that's breaking into far right ideology territory.

heres the definition...

a member of a political party or group advocating national independence or strong national government.

whats wrong with that, we need to be independent of foreign oil,have stronger manufacturing base domestically. We are a consumer nation and would be better positioned for the future with more manufacturing jobs,and domestic products, besides just our resources. Nobody is saying we will become isolated and exit the world stage completely. Its just making an effort to reacquire businesses that we had in the past. Whatever form they take they will still have to operate in the open world market and live or die there

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: strongfp

The President of the United States should ALWAYS be a nationalist, placing this nation and her present data citizens above all others.

Still doesn't change the fact that it's a far right political stand point ... and no, a president or leader doesn't need to be a nationalist, the world of politics isn't black and white.

I love how the world of politics has changed so much in the states. Go back 10 years ago if someone said they were a nationalist it literally meant something completely different and would be political suicide... my have the times changed, people just making up definitions left right and center to fit what they like.

I also love how me pointing out where nationalist is on the political map is getting people iching at the edge of their seat like I said it was a bad thing, ready to just jump at my throat. I never once said it was a 'bad' thing. I was just pointing it out. He's by far not a centrist.
edit on 30-10-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

So are the States protesting the US military being there? Question, when Obama did this did you make posts about it?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Just read an article on Vox ...

it’s mostly just sending backup logistical support to help border agents address the arrival of a few thousand migrants — around half of whom are girls and women

Half women? HALF. It's about 99% men. Where are they seeing HALF women?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

He's a Canadian. He believes everyone in the world has a right to America and the American dream is for non-Americans, he actually said if America enforces immigration laws it is the death of the American dream (because the American dream is apparently not for US citizens only non citizens). He also believes other nations have the right to choose what to trade with America, but that America should not have that right and he calls it bullying when America does it.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I voted for Obama then voted for Trump. I don’t know what I am, but feel free to categorize me like all the lefties have on ATS. All I know is I won’t be voting for any Democrats at all until hateful rhetoric has come to an end.
edit on 30-10-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Quote me specifically. You are making stuff up.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Ummm...Libertarian here...the poles have it...ATS is primarily Libertarian...

You see...Libertarians are great...cause we get to take all the good qualities from all those other groupies...and really party...

In essence...your premise was severely flawed...if you had payed any real attention over the years...then you would have known that most here are Libertarian...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
DITTO: YouSir

I cautiously tolerate Trump.... i'm not a total supporter

I have a sense he might cave-in to the neocon menace eventually...

the Democrats however have completely distanced from my ideology, they have Im fact become anarchists

libertarian 1st, GOP 2nd on my ballot--- no room for any blue votes here

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: HunkaHunka
These two things are not the same. As a conservative I support states rights... but Trunps overtures about sending troops to the border on executive privilege means he would have to suspend Posse Comitatus. In effect, he would be suspending states rights.

Here is an excerpt from the following article :

qz.com...

“At its essence, the law reflects the American historical preference for stronger state governments and local authorities over centralized federal oversight and control. It was first created to “end the use of federal troops to police state elections in former Confederate states,” as the Rand Corporation, the military think tank, explains.

Giving border control over to the military would be a controversial decision that could cost Donald Trump support even among the most far-right of voters and could damage the Republican party ahead of the Nov. 6 midterm elections. It would also signal that the Trump administration is willing to use the US military in unconventional ways.”

What happened to the GOP and it’s conservative values? Or are there no actual values?

The troops being sent are not going there to do policing on the ground, so no fear of usurping Posse Comitatis. They will be acting in a support and logistics role to assist the CPB on the ground in areas such as: overhead surveillance (infrared, etc...) and relaying positions of groups seen to CPB for them to intercept. Also, providing concertina wire and installing temporary barriers, setup of temp detention centers, etc...

Don't believe the lies from the MSM. I watched the presser from the Gen himself that described in detail what the troops will be doing there.

Exactly. Moreover, the OP article does nothing to explain this or the direct parallel to the Mariel boatlift under Jimmy Carter where the military was used in a similar capacity:

As the scale of the boatlift grew, the Coast Guard asked for help. In May 1980 the U.S. Navy dispatched the USS Saipan (LHA-2) and the USS Boulder (LST-1190) to support the Coast Guard by assisting, but not directly transporting, refugees en route to the U.S. Saipan and Boulder temporarily took on board hundreds of refugees in need of humanitarian assistance, medical attention, food, and fresh water. They also refueled private watercraft. The ships' officers and crew were awarded the Humanitarian Service Medal for their work.

Elements of the 1st Battalion, 8th Marines and 1st Battalion, 6th Marines, 2nd Marine Division of Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, supported the Immigration and Naturalization Service by providing security at Trumbo Point and Truman Annex in May 1980. The Marines supplied interpreters and assisted with processing refugees in Key West. They were awarded the Humanitarian Service Medal and a Certificate of Appreciation for exemplary service. F-4 Phantom fighter aircraft from Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 312 and later Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 251 based at Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort, South Carolina, provided air cover, and those Marines also received the Humanitarian Service Medal.

In May 1980, the U.S. Army dispatched the 503rd Military Police Battalion of the XVIII Airborne Corps at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, to relieve the Florida National Guard units who had been mobilized to handle security and operations at the refugee compounds established in the Miami metropolitan area. The 503rd was augmented by Spanish-speaking soldiers of the 96th Civil Affairs and Psychological Warfare elements of the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center at Fort Bragg. The U.S. Army Military Police Corps worked alongside FEMA and the U.S. Bureau of Prisons and other federal agencies to transfer refugees for long-term detention. U.S. Army personnel who participated in this operation were awarded the Humanitarian Service Medal.

Link

More baseless hand wringing on what Trump *might* do, rather than what he's actually doing.

Maybe the thread title should ask are you ignorant or just wilfully dishonest?
edit on 30-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Right. Protecting the US border with US troops is breaking the law.

How many idiot liberals are going to post this same BS drivel on ATS? There's been at least a dozen.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
a reply to: Lumenari

Immigration, by definition, is a domestic policy, not a foreign policy. So, you are wrong, and it is a violation of the PC Act.

I'll leave two links for your review, but basically to understand it easier: if it has to do with trade or war, international law or treaties, alliances, military acts and so on, that is foreign policy.

Everything to do with our own country, including our borders and our own laws governing those borders, it is domestic policy and is treated as domestic by our government. Here is a short recap of domestic issues:

A division of the Congressional Research Service, the Domestic Social Policy Division (“DSP”) is responsible to analyze issues of domestic policies and social programs. After looking into the policies and programs it is tasked with, reports are provided to Congress, allowing legislators to make appropriate decisions in making future decisions, enacting laws, and overseeing existing agencies.

Policies and social programs examined by the DSP include:

Public Education
Labor Policy and Worker Safety
Healthcare Services
Health Research
Healthcare Insurance
Policies and Studies on Aging
Social Security, both pensions and disability insurance
Immigration
Homeland Security
Domestic Intelligence
Criminal Justice
Welfare, Nutrition, and Housing programs

More links to government pages inside the links:

differencebetween.net
legaldictionary.net

I take it you failed to read my post right there on the front page which describes the roles the military will actually be playing in this deployment. The MSM is espousing half-truths, by not explaining the full story to you....and implying it will be illegal, just to advance their narrative that Trump is evil....etc..

Please, put down the TV remote, step back, and think for yourself. I mean that sincerely...and not sarcastically.

edit on 10/30/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Don't believe the lies from the MSM. I watched the presser from the Gen himself that described in detail what the troops will be doing there.

And there's the catch that everyone should be encouraged to do:

WATCH FOR YOURSELF

We are all spun up in arguments because we debate social media, one paragraph posts, and talk show rhetoric. It would be much easier if people watched pressers, speeches, and the official lot. I understand nobody has time to do this, but don't get so overheated in your opinion if you don't have time to fully form it. At that point you're just debating popular waves of emotion rather than logic...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: underwerks

What happened to the GOP and it’s conservative values?

They threw them away for a guy who tried to sell steaks at an electronic store.

True story.

How many steaks have you sold?

In a professional capacity or back in my days hustling Trump-brand J bone steaks?

Jokes. That's all you got. 2020 in the bag. Trump for another 6 years. Because. All you got is jokes.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Quote me specifically. You are making stuff up.

With pleasure.

strongfp

The romance of the United States is that it almost had no boarders. It was a free society.

That dream is literally being demolished right before our living eyes.

America should have no borders. Glad you asked me to quote you.
edit on 30-10-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You are quoting me without further context to what you are pushing as a narrative towards me saying that non - citizens cannot strive for the American dream.
We had a very complex and heated conversation about what I really meant.
You are quote mining to make an attack on me.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Ahh no, you said America needs to have open borders because that is what the American dream is. I corrected you. You never agreed with my correction.

The American dream is not for everyone in the world to come here illegally.

You are welcome to quote the context you think matters.
edit on 30-10-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have been designated a "people like you" by the vast majority of the ATS membership. I'm not really sure what they mean but I refuse to support a white trash draft dodger.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If course you do, your union masters told you he's bad so he's the worst. We know the score.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Everyone on this planet should strive for the American dream ... and I said in one of my earlier posts between you and I that the romance is almost gone for people to strive to want to live in a western society.
If you disagree with people wanting to better themselves and contribute to a thriving society. Then you have zero humility.
Once upon a time the american dream was THE dream.
There was once a light in this world, and it was to come together as one and bring peace...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join