It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you conservative or a trump supporter?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
These two things are not the same. As a conservative I support states rights... but Trunps overtures about sending troops to the border on executive privilege means he would have to suspend Posse Comitatus. In effect, he would be suspending states rights.

Here is an excerpt from the following article :

qz.com...

“At its essence, the law reflects the American historical preference for stronger state governments and local authorities over centralized federal oversight and control. It was first created to “end the use of federal troops to police state elections in former Confederate states,” as the Rand Corporation, the military think tank, explains.

Giving border control over to the military would be a controversial decision that could cost Donald Trump support even among the most far-right of voters and could damage the Republican party ahead of the Nov. 6 midterm elections. It would also signal that the Trump administration is willing to use the US military in unconventional ways.”

What happened to the GOP and it’s conservative values? Or are there no actual values?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
HA!!!

Clever! Don't go there!

Divide and conquer, anyone???

LOL!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka
These two things are not the same. As a conservative I support states rights... but Trunps overtures about sending troops to the border on executive privilege means he would have to suspend Posse Comitatus. In effect, he would be suspending states rights.

Here is an excerpt from the following article :

qz.com...

“At its essence, the law reflects the American historical preference for stronger state governments and local authorities over centralized federal oversight and control. It was first created to “end the use of federal troops to police state elections in former Confederate states,” as the Rand Corporation, the military think tank, explains.

Giving border control over to the military would be a controversial decision that could cost Donald Trump support even among the most far-right of voters and could damage the Republican party ahead of the Nov. 6 midterm elections. It would also signal that the Trump administration is willing to use the US military in unconventional ways.”

What happened to the GOP and it’s conservative values? Or are there no actual values?

The troops being sent are not going there to do policing on the ground, so no fear of usurping Posse Comitatis. They will be acting in a support and logistics role to assist the CPB on the ground in areas such as: overhead surveillance (infrared, etc...) and relaying positions of groups seen to CPB for them to intercept. Also, providing concertina wire and installing temporary barriers, setup of temp detention centers, etc...

Don't believe the lies from the MSM. I watched the presser from the Gen himself that described in detail what the troops will be doing there.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka
The military guarding our border has been a childhood fantasy of mine. I am filled with Glee at the prospect of all the coyotes and criminal traffickers are picked off in the silence of the night in the wilderness by our guys.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
5200 troops are already on their way to the border.

www.wsj.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I have no political values. I am just like a real politician. I value winning because winners write history and Trump is a winner.

He did a hostile takeover of the Republican party and now he is just a few days from annihilation of the Democratic party.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

MmmMMmmmm politics being consumed by politicians.

It's like....they are eating themselves.

Beautiful cannibalism.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

What happened to the GOP and it’s conservative values?

They threw them away for a guy who tried to sell steaks at an electronic store.

True story.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
false dichotomy

false dichotomy (plural false dichotomies)
1.A situation in which two alternative points of view are presented as the only options, when others are available

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Cult 45 is a good portion of the country potatoing for a dictatorship. They worship him. Not even a little conservative.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Cult 45 is a good portion of the country potatoing for a dictatorship. They worship him. Not even a little conservative.

It must remind you of when they worshipped Obama like he was the second coming of Jesus himself.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

He would not have to suspend Posse Comitatus.

Simply because the people coming are not citizens of the United States.

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878 by President Rutherford B. Hayes. The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States.

Immigration is not a domestic policy... it is a Federal policy that the Executive branch has sole control over.

Hope that helped your premise.

edit on 29-10-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

It must remind you of when they worshipped Obama like he was the second coming of Jesus himself.

Look who worships trump. They even build shrines so they can worship him.

edit on 29-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

What happened to the GOP and it’s conservative values?

They threw them away for a guy who tried to sell steaks at an electronic store.

True story.

How many steaks have you sold?

link   
Did you see the video of these criminals throwing stones at the Mexican boarder patrol?

When being invaded, you send the greatest fighting machine on earth to protect you.

There are already national guard on the boarder.

A better use of my tax money would have been to give the whole caravan flight to Canada or maybe Germany. Germany likes taking in child refugees family, who turn out to be military aged men

link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's a non-white person, so obviously photoshopped.

After all, if it is one thing I have learned from the Democrats, Trump is a White Nationalist racist bastard so there is no way a person that isn't white could possibly like him, much less "worship" him.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

A little bit. But it was not nearly this pathetic and widespread. I didn't vote for Obama btw.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Look who worships trump. They even build shrines so they can worship him.

Are you being racist?

link   

Are you a liberal, or a Clinton supporter???

Liberals are awesome, but Clinton is evil...which are you?

(/sarcasm)

**SLICE!**

Same thing.

ETA - You picked the WRONG place for this shallow argument!

edit on 10/29/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/29/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Conservative and a Trump supporter when he acts in a conservative manner.

It's similar to asking someone if they are a fan of an actor or singer. Some actors I like a lot of their movies while hating others and would never watch them willingly, but will sometimes stomach it just to see how the actor performs in the role. With a singer, I may like their style and a lot of their songs while maybe hating other songs/performances and possibly even their politics and personal life. The thing is that I can separate the person from their job/performance and don't hate the person for their portfolio.

Now there are times when an artist, actor, singer, etc where when they try to incorporate their politics or personal beliefs into their art/performance then I might end up being disgusted by them and their new "motivated" music - and it can often poison their prior works as well, at least for some time until the phase passe or continues the tailspin into oblivion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join