It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Displaying database content on a website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hey,

I am trying to publish content to a web page via Wordpress. My content is a database I created. I am not trying to display a database table I'm trying to display a dashboard style layout that people can interact with. I am stumped as to what to do.

I'm not a back end database guy. I don't necessarily have to use Wordpress I have Softaculous on my server.

Figured I'd ask.

Thanks for your time

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: errck
Hey,

I am trying to publish content to a web page via Wordpress. My content is a database I created. I am not trying to display a database table I'm trying to display a dashboard style layout that people can interact with. I am stumped as to what to do.

I'm not a back end database guy. I don't necessarily have to use Wordpress I have Softaculous on my server.

Figured I'd ask.

Thanks for your time

Search the WordPress plugins for what you need. One I've used is "ABASE for Accessing MySQL Databases".

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Hey,

Figured I'd ask.

Thanks for your time

Some basic php will work too

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: errck

Do you code front end, or you intend to use Content Management Systems?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
MySQL Workbench includes a PHP generator.
www.quackit.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Sounds basic. Php will suffice.

(post by Deniiisss removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hi Errck

I’m a professional Wordpress / PHP programmer.

PM me if you still need help.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. My goal is to replicate Weedmaps or Leafly but for my State's needs and build a community site around it featuring headshops strains dispensaries and recipes. Sorry if the subject matter offends. I do all my own design. I will look into php.

Thanks again. I was just about to delete this post and re post in the web design forum. Did not expect any responses.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
C# and he ASP.net core framework > php for large, scalable business solutions

Worth the time it takes to learn, or worth paying someone to build it right the first time so you don’t have to rebuild it later

Thanks for all the replies. My goal is to replicate Weedmaps or Leafly but for my State's needs and build a community site around it featuring headshops strains dispensaries and recipes. Sorry if the subject matter offends. I do all my own design. I will look into php.

Thanks again. I was just about to delete this post and re post in the web design forum. Did not expect any responses.

new topics

top topics

join