It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do US liberals think the UK is racist for defending its border?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter
Wow, that seems crazy, they can just disappear again.
Schengen and Merkel #ed it for you guys, and I take no pleasure saying that, just a tragic fact.
The EU media was calling us racist for not adopting Schengen, I remember it well, but I'm glad Britain held firm now.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
I tried to see some positive things this woman did for Germany but for everything good she did, she did twice for other countries. Not only that, what she did for other countries hurt Germany most of the times, sooner or later.

However going back to the topic, that we have to ask such questions is amusing to me but it also makes me sad at the same time. I understand your curiousity.

It´s like I´m a racist because I like to sort out the brown M&Ms to eat them after all the other colors are eaten. I know they do all taste the same but the do have to color of chocolate.

I guess someone today would see this and think I´m a racist. The fact that I eat all the brown ones in one go, could hint to a hidden desire in mass genocide against brown or dark skinned people.

When I´m just a strange guy who likes to spare the brown M&Ms for the end.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don’t really care what people in England do. They should have the decency to reciprocate. a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter
I eat M&M's like Cookie Monster eats on Sesame street, I'm colour blind with sweets lol!

a reply to: soundguy
You seem grumpy and not drawn towards having interesting conversation.
...just a personal observation.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
At this point people in the UK would be better off getting out of politics altogether and fully converting to Islam, whilst they still can.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
At this point people in the UK would be better off getting out of politics altogether and fully converting to Islam, whilst they still can.

Nah, that's just #holes like London, Luton, Bradford etc...My area is 98+% white non Muslim. Most of Britain is, 95% non Muslim, don't believe the hype.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: headorheart

Where I think the racism comes in, at least in the United States, is when people starting generalizing all illegal immigrants as rapists and criminals.

Can you quote where someone said that?

“They are not assimilated into America. Many Hispanics, as a matter of fact, you know what culture they are assimilating to? The rap culture, the crime culture, anti-cops, all the rest of it.” — Pat Buchanan

"One, they're terrorists; two, they're escaping the law; or three, they're hungry. They can't make a living in their own dirtbag country." - Glenn Beck

"You have people comin gin and I'm not just saying Mexicans, I'm talking about people that are from all over that are killers and rapists and they're coming into this country." - Donald Trump

Also browse comments on almost any news article. I never said those were the majority of people's feelings, but they are definitely out there. To answer the OP, that is when I think defending your border turns racists; when you start generalizing your racism as talking points and excuses.

So you say these are racist quotes so please tell me..... what race is illegal immigrants? We dont give a damn what race the illegal immigrants are and we dont give a damn where they come from, we dont want them here if they are here illegally!

Saying some of them or many of them is not generalizing dont you understand that?...andnits certainly not racist.

Also are you telling me that quote you gave by Donald Trump (which is not a generalizing statement) isnt true?

All of those migrants in that caravan that is headed our way ARE in fact criminals! They broke down border fencing and bareaged their way through countries illegally which makes them criminals. Not only that, many of them are fleeing their country because they are criminals that cant get jobs in their respective country.

Many illegals that enter the United States ARE rapists and ARE criminals.

If you want to let in these people because you feel sorry for them then why stop there? Why not let in everyone else in the world that is struggling in their #hole country? Why discrimonate? Lets let them in by the billions!

You are insane to think that people are freakin racist because they want to protect the sovereignty of their country and it culture, jobs and economic health from foreign illegal invaders!
Where is your brains?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

Then more power to Britain. I self admittedly don't know much about their immigration policies. I can only relate the racism I see in the immigration debate here in the US.

I am pretty middle of the road in US politics (although it seems that translates to extremely liberal when it comes to ATS). I am all for legal immigration and think every country has the right to defend their borders.

Oh dont get it twisted bud. Here in The United States we too dont give a damn what race you are when it comes to illegal immigrants. I dont care if they are green aliens from Mars, Yellow aliens from Asia, white Aliens from Australia or brown aliens from Mexico, get them all out and keep them out!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Thinking that ‘immigrant’ or ‘illegal immigrant’ somehow means ‘non-white’ is most definitely racist.

Funny how ONLY the ‘left’ thinks that ‘immigrant’ or ‘illegal immigrant’ means ‘non-white’.
edit on 1 11 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Here in The United States we too dont give a damn what race you are when it comes to illegal immigrants. I dont care if they are green aliens from Mars, Yellow aliens from Asia, white Aliens from Australia or brown aliens from Mexico, get them all out and keep them out!
That's pretty much the policy of the UK.
After Brexit there will be much more opportunities for people from all over the world to work here though. We need foreign workers, that is a fact, and the EU free movement of people thing only allowed EU people. The new system will be open for most nations, easy work visas, legal immigration.
I expect to see an increase of people from India, most speak English as their second language, and if they come here legally then they will be welcome.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

If you guys need them and they are legal then thats great if you guys can make that happen.

Here in the states we have too many, so many that it is having a sever negative impact on the pay rates for working people. The illegals work for much less and even the massive amount of workers here on a work visa are only imported for their cheap labor, undercutting an otherwise relatively good paying job. These legal amd illegal immigrants being here in such numbers have ruined most skilled labor trades such as carpentry, roofing, tile, plumbing etc.

Liberals claim these workers are only over here taking menial jobs that Americans want such as folding laundry or picking vegetables and I know from first hand experience that this is definitely not the case. Most come here as migrant farm workers and then graduate to tje higher paying skilled labor jobs.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct
The EU did the same to us with the free movement of workers. I'm in construction and am self employed so would charge a fair rate for my work. Along came the million Polish workers who live 10 to a house vastly undercutting British tradespeople.
It has driven wages down for everyone.
The new scheme post Brexit will be about 'need' for workers to fill vacancies, not a free for all.
I voted Brexit for many reasons but free movement of workers was one of them.
In my day a young person could join a building site as a labourer and work their way into a trade. Nowadays it is much more difficult when you can hire a Romanian semi skilled labourer for £50 a day cash.
We must have control on foreign workers in my opinion, and leaving the EU is the solution for us.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: ausername

Nah, that's just #holes like London, Luton, Bradford etc...My area is 98+% white non Muslim. Most of Britain is, 95% non Muslim, don't believe the hype.

Yeah thoe guys are ebarrasmenrs with no facts, fucll of socke on stell - managed to reform a few though (taking te out from 'hick' towns and metting the avg Mulim.

PS: The is no way in hell that the natinal anthem would be dropped - that's akind to Trump doing jazzhands paraising outin.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion
I worked in Bradford this year, it felt like a foreign country, bad stares from guys in Islamic dress, even spitting on the floor in front of us. I only felt safe in the non-Muslim council estate.
I wouldn't want that happening to my corner of England, not ever.
...I never sing the national anthem because I oppose a constitutional monarchy and I don't believe in any gods.
"God save the queen" would be massively hypocritical if the words passed my lips.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If you guys need them and they are legal then thats great if you guys can make that happen.

Here in the states we have too many, so many that it is having a sever negative impact on the pay rates for working people. The illegals work for much less and even the massive amount of workers here on a work visa are only imported for their cheap labor, undercutting an otherwise relatively good paying job. These legal amd illegal immigrants being here in such numbers have ruined most skilled labor trades such as carpentry, roofing, tile, plumbing etc.

Liberals claim these workers are only over here taking menial jobs that Americans want such as folding laundry or picking vegetables and I know from first hand experience that this is definitely not the case. Most come here as migrant farm workers and then graduate to tje higher paying skilled labor jobs.

It's called the pursuit of survival and happiness (not the American dream) and they wouldn't get that higher paying skilled job and keep it if the employer didn't help them along.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: bastion
I worked in Bradford this year, it felt like a foreign country, bad stares from guys in Islamic dress, even spitting on the floor in front of us. I only felt safe in the non-Muslim council estate.
I wouldn't want that happening to my corner of England, not ever.
...I never sing the national anthem because I oppose a constitutional monarchy and I don't believe in any gods.
"God save the queen" would be massively hypocritical if the words passed my lips.

I too recall here in Canada when Jamaican immigrants started entering back in the 70s. The same thing happened to me, two Jamaican women sitting on the bus stop bench next to me, spitting in front of my feet. I never understood why they thought it was okay to bring and show all that hate to a native Canadian in their host country.
edit on 111CDT01America/Chicago05110130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
Some areas in Britain have well and truly become Muslim ghettos from my experience. I don't read the Daily Mail or anything like that, just traveled a lot around the country over the years.
...and yes, when I get back to my 98+% non-Muslim region I smile that I live where I do.
I'd happily live in a street full of Sikhs or Hindus, but Muslims not so much because they don't integrate like other cultures do.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join