It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do US liberals think the UK is racist for defending its border?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I live in the US and I don't know anyone that thinks protecting the US border makes anyone a racist?

Only idiots on TV and only when people carry it too far into insults and untruths.

This is what I was thinking. The defending the border makes you racist thing is something I’ve never heard anyone say.

OP, that isn’t a real thing, that’s just something people on the right wing say to try to make liberals look a certain way. It doesn’t exist outside of their heads and the cherry picked statements they use to try and validate it.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Speaking of which, what are you all going to do after brexit with the border along Ireland?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Funny thing is, if I -as a German citizen- tried to cross the border from outside the EU without a passport I´d get told to contact my embassy and have to pay for the process.

Refugee XYZ just needs to throw away the passport before reaching our borders and we´ll bend over for them, even spreading our cheeks.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
# only knows, anything could happen, from a return of violence to electronic border controls and a bespoke arrangement exclusively for the island of Ireland.
I keep my fingers crossed, we have weeks left to find out, and I don't think anyone wants a return to violence, except those who profit from it of course.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You'd Have to be a madman to not want to protect your borders and promote legal immigration.

The narrative is that 'liberals' don't want to protect the borders, which is a highly pushed falsehood or alternative truth, to paint one side good and the other bad.

You can't compare US politics with UK politics, UK politicians are less cabal than US politicians.

This country needs immigration reform badly.
Open borders were great back in the 1800s...in 2018 We need immigration policies which reflect today's society and economic climate. Trump has the right idea on immigration but his execution is misguided.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
99.9999% of US Liberals don't think it's racist for the US to defend its border, let alone the UK.

This is a talking point that certain conservative news agencies have drummed up to make Liberals look bad, it's not actually true at all.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Sure it´s not 100% or 20% or 0% Or any other arbitrary made up number? 99.9999% sounds too convincing. You are talking out of your ass here.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
The narrative is that 'liberals' don't want to protect the borders, which is a highly pushed falsehood or alternative truth, to paint one side good and the other bad.
It seems like that on ATS just from reading comments.
Britain and Australia are way harsher than you guys are with illegal immigration, I see border force busts every now and then at car wash places or kebab shops lol, I've never grassed an illegal up and probably never would if he's just working under the counter, but I won't cry tears if they get caught.
Most folk I know are the same, but in the US it seems that is oppression lol...they shouldn't be here anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Pmsl!

...maybe wiki search it?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Sure it´s not 100% or 20% or 0% Or any other arbitrary made up number? 99.9999% sounds too convincing. You are talking out of your ass here.

I'd argue that I'm not. Obviously the percentage isn't exact. What I meant is, pretty much everyone in the US who is a Liberal doesn't think it's racist. I gave the .0001% the benefit of the doubt, because I'm sure that there is someone who feels that way, but it's just a small handful of folks.

Is there any actual proof that Liberals find defending the border to be racist? I haven't seen any, other than FOX talking heads saying it.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
"ok google"
"how many people from the liberal and/or left leaning political spectrum are not against border protection of their home country?"
"I´m not a mindreader, maybe ask narrator from ATS.com"

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

"ok google"
"how many people from the liberal and/or left leaning political spectrum are not against border protection of their home country?"
"I´m not a mindreader, maybe ask narrator from ATS.com"

With all the hyperbole that is slung around ATS on an hourly basis, it's interesting that you're focusing on my obviously made up percentage. I didn't want to say 100%, but I wanted to make the point that almost every single liberal doesn't feel that way. Hence, 99.999%. I in no way meant for it to be an accurate number, and I thought that was obvious.

Now, care to stop nitpicking and address the actual point I was making?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Will do.

My impression tells me otherwhise but that´s my impression.

Question: If the imigrants are not let in and begin to vandalize and force their way into the USA/UK/Germany or any outher country.

Shoot them or not?

If not, harsh reality is that you are against border protection. As hard as it may sound, those people know fully well NOT to vandalize at any border. Force entry into a country? At worst you get shot, it´s reality.

I´m not excusing violence and shooting people but if we forget all the political bull# it all comes down to this question!

edit on 29-10-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

a reply to: narrator

Will do.

My impression tells me otherwhise but that´s my impression.

Question: If the imigrants are not let in and begin to vandalize and force their way into the USA/UK/Germany or any outher country.

Shoot them or not?

If not, harsh reality is that you are against border protection. As hard as it may sound, those people know fully well NOT to vandalize at any border. Force entry into a country? At worst you get shot, it´s reality.

I´m not excusing violence and shooting people but if we forget all the political bull# it all comes down to this question!

I feel like I'm misunderstanding you. You truly feel that the only available options are to let them in, or shoot them?

I would vote to definitely not shoot them.

I think immigration policy in our country is woefully out of date, most American citizens would fail the citizenship test (even those of us who are born and raised here and have studied US history/government all throughout middle/high school), and there are a myriad of other hoops to jump through.

If we want to cut down on illegal immigration, make legal immigration easier. It's that simple.
edit on 29-10-2018 by narrator because: clarifying

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

The real question is why is the west more accepting then the rest of the world? I feel like other countries would be far less accepting of different cultures and races migrating at such massive numbers.

Do you see Asian, Muslim and African nations trying to replace their homogeneous populations with Caucasians or ANY other race? Only dumbasses in the West do that. I can just imagine those Peace loving Arabs opening their borders to Christian and Jewish asylum seekers.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

This subject gets me fired up cuz I did it legally. First for my wife to the US, and now for me in the UK. I have empathy for them, but c'mon, how many live aid's do you have to throw before you start going, Ummm these peeps is either dumb, or lazy, or corrupt or all three.

Save your money and your energy and take it out on your own government, at home, where you live. It's a 100% guarantee your poohole country is getting millions in foreign aid.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Wow, I can only try to image how it would turn out if Germany did that.

Yeah, you'd probably get totally shunned by the Trump admin, by not being assigned a US ambassador to Germany.

Which is exactly what Trump is doing to Australia atm, to punish us on our hard line asylum seeker stance.

Not that I really give a f#, one way or the other... I just think its an extremely hypocritical stance from the Trump administration.

On the one hand, their trying to garner up their base, with all this rhetoric about how their taking a hard line stance on immigration... Yet at the same time, their blatantly & publicly shunning the Australian government for actually doing it, rather than just blowing a lot of hot air about doing it... like the Trump admin.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Is that true?
Says here that aTrump nominated a guy but is waiting on Senate confirmation, which we know has been in no hurry to fill positions.

metropole.at...

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

lol... Austria is in a complete different hemisphere from Australia dude.

They do kind of sound the same... I can kind of understand how you'd get confused between the two.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

G'day mate. A little shrimp on the Barbie? Sorry bout that, I got blurry eyes from homework!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join