It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Icon at the beginning of some posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hi. I've been trying to learn my way around mostly by doing and sometimes searching has helped me. I've made a couple mistakes.

Lately, I've been wondering about this small icon at the beginning of the title for some posts in the "new" section. It looks like a square with an inverted v cut into the bottom of it. Would someone explain this to me? Have had no luck so far with searching.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I believe you are talking about the icon that shows up when you personally post in a thread.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I believe you are talking about the icon that shows up when you personally post in a thread.

Ummm...D'Oh…

It also shows up if you subscribe to a thread without posting in said thread...

Cha-Ching...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

No, on others. This thread has one when I see the title in the "new" section.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
And it also appears at the beginning and end of this thread page too. Under it is the word "subscribe", which describes its function. If you click on it, you will be "subscribed to that thread, and it will then appear in your "MyATS" page (see main menu for that).

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Bookmark.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I do see one at the beginning of my own post.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Then you must be referring to the image of the two thumbs down?

Or this one (which is the aforementioned "subscribed" indicator.

If it's the latter, then that indicates you either posted in that thread, or subscribed to it at some time.

edit on 10/29/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

I do see one at the beginning of my own post.

Means you are subscribed as another poster above said. Either accidentally clicked the subscribe button or posted in thread. Or I guess there could be a forum glitch.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Thank you. until now I didn't even know it was possible to subscribe or bookmark without posting.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Thank you. until now I didn't even know it was possible to subscribe or bookmark without posting.

And if you go to myATS page, you will see all the ones you are subscribed to at that time. TO unsubscribe, just click the "x" icon at the start of the thread title there.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yea, it seems obvious to me now that you explained it.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Here's one more about threads, the OP's subsequent posts in the thread will have a darker green border on the top an bottom of each post so you can identify them.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I do believe you are talking about the "subscribe" icon, as others have stated. At the top and bottom of this page, you will see it, on the right side. It will be filled in. Under it, it will say "unsubscribe"

angeldoll said it wonderfully by calling it a 'bookmark'

Why do you see it next to some icons as you're scrolling through forums?
You have either gone to that thread before and clicked on the subscribe icon manually (it will be an unfilled outline of the rectangle with the upside down "v" cut out of the bottom and say 'subscribe' underneath until you click it)
OR
It will show up next to the icon if you have commented on that thread. Once you comment, you are automatically 'subscribed' to the thread. I noticed on the thread that you linked to that you had commented on it, so I am assuming that is how you got subscribed to it.

I also assume that it shows up on the forums pages so that you can easily find a thread you had already commented on or had subscribed to.

In my opinion, it makes things easier when you want to find something quickly.

If you want to Unsubscribe from a thread, either go to the thread and click on the icon at the top or bottom of the page. It will then go from being a filled in icon to just the outline. It will no longer show that symbol next to the icon for you and you won't get any notifications about the thread either.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, c'mon!

We all know it is a Freemason apron!

It is a conspiracy site after all...

@OP, just having fun with you! "Subscribe" and you go to "MyATS" to see what you have subscribed to. And unsubscribe there too.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

Thanks. This will come in handy now that I know about it.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Tanga36

Thanks. This will come in handy now that I know about it.

I'm fairly new to the posting aspect of this site as well. You'd think that after reading the threads for the last 10+ years (like me) that there wouldn't be much to figure out once becoming a member but there is an awful lot of fun and nifty things to figure out once you become a contributing member to the site. Glad that you asked the question and also glad to have you around!

top topics

join