It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ending the stupid. From my perspective.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Why do you think the voters still voted in Trump even with his well known and obvious flaws and downfalls?

Did they? Last I checked he lost the popular vote.

Let.....it.......go.

Not until his supporters admit he lost the popular vote.

This is why people dislike Trump. He lies about everything, he literally cannot tell the truth. Just today he claimed he won the popular vote.

www.newsweek.com...

I'll let it go when his administration does.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

see, that's just it. I didn't claim to know anything about her, Podesta, or any pedophile ring, and lots of others didn't either. But it's an easy A for you to just make that claim. How in the world could there be a conversation based on that mindset? I'll just assume you are a brain dead liberal with no original thought. Then we can skip all the chit chat.

Yet, you defend people and take up the same talking points as people who defend that crap. You are guilty by association.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It's not a tyranny of the minority. The US is a union of 50 states. Each state has it's own state govt to serve it's people. Federal Govt is necessary for the adminstration of national issues, like the decision to go to war or foreign diplomacy and trade. As such it needs to serve all 50 states, not be skewed by highly populated states. Your view is one that really would lead to the tyranny of the few - we already see how just a handful of politicians dominate in states like California and NY.

edit on 29/10/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Trump did win the overwhelming majority of votes in the 2016 election.
There are 52 popular votes in the US Presidential Elections.
Trump won 32 of them and Hillary won 20.
That is an overwhelming majority.

Your argument is like a football (soccer) team who finished mid table, but whines they are the best because they had the best goal difference.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Your argument is like a football (soccer) team who finished mid table, but whines they are the best because they had the best goal difference.

But not all of those votes are equal. It was not 32-20, it was 304-227. Which again brings us back to my previous point. The weighting on EC votes is off, it is no longer a fair distribution and has strayed from original intent, and we have 30 years of election results that prove that to be the case. Small states are supposed to have more say than their population would imply but still less than the larger states. However, they now have more say than the larger states.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

But not all of those votes are equal. It was not 32-20, it was 304-227. Which again brings us back to my previous point. The weighting on EC votes is off, it is no longer a fair distribution and has strayed from original intent, and we have 30 years of election results that prove that to be the case. Small states are supposed to have more say than their population would imply but still less than the larger states. However, they now have more say than the larger states.

No, they don't - larger states get more say, which is easy to see when comparing EC votes to populations
You just want them to have an even larger say so that a handful of states can control the majority of states on federal issues.

edit on 29/10/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: kaylaluv
It wasn´t intended as an insult. I should have know better when I communicate with you to tip-toe and not hurt your feelings / insult you.

But yeah, it´s the truth, isn´t it?

I've had posts removed for much less in the mud pit. The poor dears bless their hearts.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You just want them to have an even larger say so that a handful of states can control the majority of states on federal issues.

That is how it's supposed to be. Not total say, but more say.

California has 55 votes. New Mexico, Nebraska, West Virginia, Idaho, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, Montana, Delaware, North Dakota, South Dakota, Alaska, Vermont, and Wyoming have 56 votes.

The kicker though? California has 36 million people, all of those states combined have 18 million. Their votes are twice as powerful.

What should be the metric? Double the voting power? 50% more voting power? 25% more voting power?
edit on 29-10-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CADpro
I´m sure I already got reported by at least two individuals and if not, everyone is free to do so. I stated my point, I made it clear afterwards, when this was construed as an insult.

Also, I noticed this is the mud pit. Not that I ever have cared about a thread being in the mud pit or not as I always try to be civil although, direct. So I don´t see how this post is worse than some stuff that´s allowed to fly in the regular ATS sub forums.

I won´t appologize because there is nothing to appologize. If I´d appologize for nothing but everything, what is the appology worth when it is due?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It changed with a gathering together of people who were never taught common sense and were raised with a victim mentality who can never be wrong about anything. You can partially thank technology for that as well. Its not gonna change anytime soon. Pick your sides and live or die by them.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Why do you think the voters still voted in Trump even with his well known and obvious flaws and downfalls?

Did they? Last I checked he lost the popular vote.

Let.....it.......go.

Not until his supporters admit he lost the popular vote.

This is why people dislike Trump. He lies about everything, he literally cannot tell the truth. Just today he claimed he won the popular vote.

www.newsweek.com...

I'll let it go when his administration does.
not until you say you are sorry. Seriously, we all know what happened. Trump is president. Hillary lost. Oh, and Trump lies. It looks like he triggered you a bit.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

see, that's just it. I didn't claim to know anything about her, Podesta, or any pedophile ring, and lots of others didn't either. But it's an easy A for you to just make that claim. How in the world could there be a conversation based on that mindset? I'll just assume you are a brain dead liberal with no original thought. Then we can skip all the chit chat.

Yet, you defend people and take up the same talking points as people who defend that crap. You are guilty by association.

when you grow up, the world will look much better.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I would like to see ANY of these "popular vote" bs peoples posts before the 16 vote complaining about the EC.
It just ain't there.
Why you ask?
Because the " popular vote" is not really a thing.
It is an excuse.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Pluto in Capricorn

Doesn't bode well for sanity...

www.llewellyn.com...

The last time Pluto was in Capricorn, the American Revolution occurred, and Thomas Jefferson, one of the founding fathers of the American Revolution...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Why vote for any of them?, why doesn't someone start a social media campaign to simply not tick a box, any box.

This is democracy no one can be voted in if the whole country refused to vote.

Problem is what next? ..... would the people actually be able to pick a neutral representative of both sides? Maybe the person who actually started the movement would end up with the countries support.

All this left verses right lets go round and round and round in circles is exhausting.

Stop voting just because its the better choice of two evils and start showing your contempts of both sides by outright refusing to vote.

They cant jail the whole population for saying " no I've had enough ", and we will no longer stand for it.

If the people stand together they will always win, instead of continually arguing about being divisive actually be heard as one.

Everyone seems to want the same thing but looses sight of how to get it.

Its not that out there, or complicated, just think about it. And no i dont want to be the one to initiate the cause.

Why?, because.
This is ending the stupid from my perspective.
edit on 30-10-2018 by ALSTA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dudenot until you say you are sorry. Seriously, we all know what happened. Trump is president. Hillary lost. Oh, and Trump lies. It looks like he triggered you a bit.

I'm not triggered by Trump at all. Part of elections is occasionally electing bad candidates, Trump is one of them. It happens. It's a good reminder that our society is not nearly as stable as we like to pretend it is, and that when you elect a group who says government doesn't work and they'll prove it by making the government not work... that's pretty much what you get.

What bothers me more, is the attitude of his supporters. It is much more toxic than Trumps presidency. Trump is my President, even though I don't like it. People with your attitude are not my countrymen.

Now lets see if you can adhere to what you said in your OP. I'll stop posting in this thread if you will. Leave this here as the last word and stop engaging.
edit on 30-10-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I can’t do what needs to be done as far as I can see. I need to have the other side change. If the smug arrogant asshole attitude was to stop being so prevalent in what seems to be the opposition, I would stop worrying about trying to oppose it with every breath. There would be no need.

The left has gone so far into the extreme and double, triple, and quadrupled down on every issue that backing off even a little bit would be an admission that they were wrong. It would collapse the bubble they live in, destroy the manufactured universe filled with all the lies they take comfort in.

They must never admit guilt, must never apologize for anything they've ever done, and must never back down, or it would destroy their support base. Their supporters need to believe in the lies or they will break down in confusion and systemic shock.

Imagine what would happen to the LGBTwhatever community if the government admitted that Christian marriage has always been between a man and a woman, and trying to pass laws that change a religion is a violation of the first amendment? Or that gender is biological and transgenderism is mental illness?

What would happen if it was admitted that the Constitution is inalienable and that all state laws that interfere with gun ownership are unConstitutional, and therefore void as of this moment? No more permits, background checks, or limits?

What would happen if it was admitted that our Constitution only applies to citizens of the United States of America, and all illegals would be deported? That non-citizens can not benefit from programs that are funded by taxpayers because that would be criminal misappropriation of funds?

What would happen if voting required an ID and all votes became part of public record, verifiable by anyone, rather than counted in darkness by a few?

The left will say all of these things are evil and tyranny, yet they are simply proper and just application of our laws.

The left cannot be reasoned with. They will become more unhinged as time passes, and will become more and more violent. The bubble must not be popped. They will try everything they can to make the lies into reality.

Unfortunately truth is truth, and lies are lies. The lies will always be lies.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The left, despite their endless victim mindset, are bullies. The only way to win against bullies is to stand up to them. Unfortunately, as we have all seen, its easy to be a bully with internet anonymity. The very idea that the left is even pretending to call for civility is a joke. hillary said quite plainly that the left can't be civil right now. maxine waters is calling for outright violence against conservatives.

When that douche bag (the name escapes me and I am too tired to go look it up) tried to assassinate republicans at their baseball game the left could only say that "both sides" need to tone down the violence. Even in the face of obvious liberal violence they simply could not tell the truth and had to rebuke both sides rather than admit their own faults. When a republican does something wrong its a problem with republicans and all republicans are to blame. When a liberal does something wrong its everyone's problem and everyone has to fix it. There is no logic or reason that will work on someone like that. And Heaven forbid you call it what it is. You will be branded a nazi, fascist, homophobe, xenophobe, war monger, racist, bigot, hater, nationalist, white supremacist, gun nut.

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go find my safe space crying room and wait for me therapy pizza to be delivered.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

What bothers me more, is the attitude of his supporters. It is much more toxic than Trumps presidency. Trump is my President, even though I don't like it. People with your attitude are not my countrymen.

Now lets see if you can adhere to what you said in your OP. I'll stop posting in this thread if you will. Leave this here as the last word and stop engaging.

I swear I'll let you claim the flag twice if that's what you need. I would like to know what I've personally done to warrant exile, at least in your mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join