It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ending the stupid. From my perspective.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Ever heard of the poster whose name starts with an X (and I don’t mean Xcalibur)? Talk about having a sole purpose in life!

'X-tremely Cool Augustus'?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

If you knew me in real life, you would likely not know what my political stance was unless you asked, or had drank a few beers with me. I try not to bring politics or religion into anything I do in reality. I own a small business and I realize that polarizing any topic has the ability to alienate potential clients and would negatively effect my money. I like what little bit of money I get. It's why it baffles me to see Hollywood, or Entertainers take up a political stance. It will piss off about half of the people who would have otherwise just judged you on your talent.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

The Left pretty much went underground following the election. They didn't emerge again until J20. Meanwhile the Right acted like they were the greatest thing on Earth for almost three months.

Is that where everyone got those awesome pink hats?
That was such a unifying moment.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: narrator
I remember theantejuvenile relentlessly doing thread after thread, like it was his only purpose in life.

Ever heard of the poster whose name starts with an X (and I don’t mean Xcalibur)? Talk about having a sole purpose in life!

so the yin/yang aspect of those two ends up in a net zero. Sweet. No longer any need to complain.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yin Yang (duality, or whatever)... Makes everybody right and wrong at the same time.

There’s the problem.
edit on 10/29/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If I do an ROT13 on your username, it starts with X, too.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I am now something I really don’t like, and it’s not something I feel I can just turn off. That is, as long as that attitude still exists out there. I don’t know what to do, other than unplugging and walking away, but that wouldn’t change the attitude of others, it would only silence my insignificant voice. I think we need some drastic change. We need an entire paradigm shift. We need for the hate, the divide, the anger, dare I say the Incredible, immense, gargantuan amount of stupid to just stop.

Unplug and walk away. I've been thinking long and hard about this for the past two weeks. I have significantly cut down on my posting, and before long will likely stop posting all together. To put it simply, the people remaining on ATS are simply people that I don't enjoy conversing with. That has nothing to do with having similar viewpoints, many that I enjoyed talking to had opinions opposite of mine. Many of them are gone though, and what is left is a bunch of people that just aren't intellectually stimulating. They converse in memes, quoting others opinions rather than having their own thoughts, and most importantly are on the verge of becoming domestic terrorists.

ATS has become a political site, and the political fringe is the fringe because their ideas are seriously deranged. That leaves me with a choice, I can either continue to post and contribute content to the fringe which pushes it slightly more towards the mainstream, or I can quit and instead use my time on something productive. I'm leaning towards the latter. I still like stating my opinions, but to be perfectly honest, most people just aren't worth conversing with, because like all social media, forums have turned into a toxic cesspool.

I'll probably just start writing books instead, or perhaps work on software... I've got a killer idea for secure, open source, voting software, that any state, city, county, or country could use for free in order to put an end to the type of nonsense we see in our elections such as what is going on in Georgia, Kansas, and Florida right now, or has happened in other states in the past.

What has pushed me over the edge of frustration is the past week. We have people here defending terrorists because they're wearing MAGA hats rather than ISIS hats, we're ignoring the GOP members in Wisconsin that tried to build a dirty bomb to assassinate political rivals, and there's widespread support for killing Jews. Last week was people supporting the idea of imprisoning illegal immigrants and harvesting them for organs, and defending the idea of having journalists that criticize Trump murdered. The week before that it was something else equally outrageous.

It’s a simple kind of request. You stop, and I’ll stop. Trump is president. He will be until the next election, unless we decide not to have any viable people run to oppose him.

If you find it distasteful, then stop arguing. What you want is people to accept your viewpoint, to get the last word, and to win the argument. What do you care about more? Winning and arguing, or having civility. I know which I prefer, and that's why I am posting much less, and likely soon not at all. Others will continue to post, and you'll have a choice. Do you fight the good fight for your side and show your loyalty to a President you like at the cost of personal happiness, or do you walk away and discuss other interesting topics?

Just as we who didn’t like Obama, couldn’t do anything about him being the president, you who don’t like Trump can’t do anything about him, other than what you have been doing, and that isn’t really working. It’s just causing what I think is the root of the problem.

Those who didn't like Obama supported doing anything in the governments power, including giving them even more power in order to stop anything and everything Obama might do so that they could diminish his presidency, and maybe undo it all with the next President. That happened. Can you really say you're surprised that Democrats are doing the exact same thing with Trump? Politics are cyclical and that's how things go. You're wanting people to shut up and accept Trump when you weren't willing to do the same thing with Obama.

I cannot imagine how the USA might be after another presidential election. The bar has been set in a very ugly part of town, can you imagine if this was just the beginning? Let’s make it the end.

I've thought the same thing. That's why I decided I'm going to do my part to fix it. I'm done with political commentary on websites where it doesn't make a difference. I'm the type of person who has little tolerance for those who talk rather than do. In years past ATS was full of researchers, they looked into the topics they wrote about, and they used legitimate sources. These days, at best people only repeat what they hear in their echo chamber. There is little reason to continue to talk. If you like what is going on, then go live your life and enjoy it. If you don't like what is going on, then do something to change it beyond arguing politics online which has not ever once changed someones mind.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

as I said, if I just unplug, all I have done is silenced my already insignificant voice. If I try to enact change, I can at least say I tried.

It's like when two "tough" guys square off and start talking junk. Eventually, either throw a punch, or admit the fight won't solve the real issue. As I said, I'm sure I am on the right side here, but in the off chance I'm not, I'm willing to stop being an ass if everyone else does. I think that's a start.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

If I do an ROT13 on your username, it starts with X, too.

You’re welcome to check my profile and see how many threads I’ve started.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

as I said, if I just unplug, all I have done is silenced my already insignificant voice. If I try to enact change, I can at least say I tried.

It's like when two "tough" guys square off and start talking junk. Eventually, either throw a punch, or admit the fight won't solve the real issue. As I said, I'm sure I am on the right side here, but in the off chance I'm not, I'm willing to stop being an ass if everyone else does. I think that's a start.

Speaking as an observer here...
I enjoy watching you be confrontational and snarky.
There's intelligence and information behind your points.
You have a gift...and it would be a crime to not use it.

If I was just interested in watching two immature, uneducated children mindlessly fighting and insulting each other...I'd be hanging out at the playground (restraining order notwithstanding).

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

One, under this account, Ante. Dun-dun-dun.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

One, under this account, Ante. Dun-dun-dun.

Busted!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No need, I know you do not contribute anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I wasn't on ATS back then, but I remember the main stream media crowing pretty hard about, I have a pen and a phone in reference to Republicans not wanting to do what he said.

Juvenile temper tantrums are not new, and certainly not restricted to 1 side, wont it be a glorious day when people reject Republicans and Democrats.

link   

No need, I know you do not contribute anything.

You see, that was nasty and uncalled for. I didn’t insult you, but you had no problem insulting me. Stay classy.

link   

Thanks. you mean in a "man love" kind of way right, and not an "I'd love to have you for dinner", kind of way?

You're about the only one here that could come over for dinner and live to tell about it.

#OnlyMasonLivesMatter

I miss the good old ATS days where we speculated on the Mason conspiracy but them days is over.

PRAISE TRUMP or be viciously attacked by this base and called a Hillary supporter!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

PRAISE TRUMP or be viciously attacked by this base and called a Hillary supporter!

That is true for both sides and you are guilty of that, too.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You're not entirely wrong op, but you said it yourself. That's only half the problem.

I don't think most liberals are as smug and arrogant as you say. That's the ones on TV. Just like most conservatives I know, are genuinely nice people in real life.

But if you want to talk about Smug and arrogant, take a look at who conservatives watch...Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Bill Oreilly, Sean Hannity, Praeger...all of them are smug, arrogant terrible human beings. Some of that has to carry over if you brainwash yourself with that day after day.

link   

originally posted by: Swills

Thanks. you mean in a "man love" kind of way right, and not an "I'd love to have you for dinner", kind of way?

You're about the only one here that could come over for dinner and live to tell about it.

#OnlyMasonLivesMatter

I miss the good old ATS days where we speculated on the Mason conspiracy but them days is over.

It's clear the 2016 election was orchestrated by the Masons to take the scrutiny off of them.

link   
It wasn´t intended as an insult. I should have know better when I communicate with you to tip-toe and not hurt your feelings / insult you.

But yeah, it´s the truth, isn´t it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join