It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ending the stupid. From my perspective.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: network dude

You literally saying trump is president stop the opposition, agree with everything he does and says... Yes he's the president, no need for more Praises.

But you can't expect people to be on the side of trump with no questions?

It's even apparent for conservatives on ats whom dare even hint at a critical analysis of a move by trump; threads which would otherwise get stars and flag galore are uncharacteristically abandoned when an eyebrow is raised at trump.

Your plea is that you're acting the way you do because people are opposing trump? What logic is that?

quick lesson. "literally"

lit·er·al·ly /ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/Submit adverb in a literal manner or sense; exactly.

grasp the language first please.

Here is what I 'literally" said.

Trump is president. He will be until the next election, unless we decide not to have any viable people run to oppose him. Just as we who didn’t like Obama, couldn’t do anything about him being the president, you who don’t like Trump can’t do anything about him, other than what you have been doing, and that isn’t really working. It’s just causing what I think is the root of the problem.

pick it apart and find where I offered any love for Trump in that. that guy is a douche bag. don't be that guy.

But that's the thing. Obama was president before Trump. Nothing the Right could do about it. But there were hundreds of threads on ATS criticizing him, questioning his nationality, calling him all sorts of names, etc. There still are posts about it. Same goes for Hillary.

Why is it ok for the Right to do that, but when the Left does, they're douches?

Again, I applaud the thread. But, in order for it to work, you need to back away from partisan bickering, as well as everyone else, on both sides.

you make a lot of sense. But I can offer you a hint of what I mean if you take the time to see my side. Go back and look at the amount of threads on Obama. Sure there were the Kenyan, birther threads and plenty of folks were into all that. But the rhetoric for Trump is magnified bigley. It's not even in the same galaxy. And the history is all there, for those who will look.

See the bi weekly threads on the way ATS used to be. (Which based on the number of threads, should be it's own forum)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

the Trump supporters could act like gracious winners, extend a hand across the aisle, and attempt to get some compromise going on

I thought I was pretty clear. That's what you should have done. Instead those on the Right spent months gloating about how they could do whatever they wanted and the Left didn't matter.

Guess what? The Left does still matter and the actions of the Right give them no reason to compromise.

Honestly there's nothing there Right can do to fix things right now. But if they start trying to compromise now the Left might be like liable to reciprocate when they the tables are turned in 2020/24.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You're just so cute!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No.

The left was calling Trump "literally Hitler" months before the election. Then proceeded to go into full blown toddler meltdown tamper tantrum mode. (As I said they would)

We tried to reason with them, reach out. And you people continued with all racist dictator nonsense. #notmypresident #hewillnotdevideus #resist

And look, 2 years in, no new wars. No nuclear wars, no collapsed economy, no gays or blacks being rounded up and put into camps.
Your heads are so far up your own asses it's embarrassing.

So gtfo with that BS. You made your bed.

Buckle up and get comfortable bitch, because we're making America great again.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Oooh Ooooh , me teacher, me, I can answer that one.

Because not enough liberals wanted Clinton either, so, they didn't vote..... They held to their own integrity and rather than vote for her they just stayed home. Clinton also was the epitome of the leftist machine that conservatives find to be the major battle of the day. The Dems could not have found a worse candidate. Conservitives would have voted for Alfred E Newman before ever voting for Clinton.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Two years ago when Trump was elected I laid out two options: A.) Either the Trump supporters could act like gracious winners, extend a hand across the aisle, and attempt to get some compromise going on; or B.) They could act like pompous assholes and disregard everything the Left had to say.

In the end the Right chose Option B. As a result we have a continuation of what the Right did to the Left for the entirety of the Obama administration at a more extreme level.

It's nice that you're admitting your faults now but it's too little too late. Thanks to the hubris of the Right, come January 3rd we'll be back in to the cycle of massive gridlock.

Your were all warned that your gloating would reap results that would negatively affect the nation. Instead of heeding those warnings you chose to mock the messengers. So, ultimately, I feel no sympathy for you or any like you. You are the root cause for the country's current state and the sooner you realize that the sooner things might be able to change.

Speaking of hubris..

No accountability whatsoever for the sore losers from the left that have been stuck in perpetual butt-hurt since the night of Nov 8 2016. surely this has nothing to do with anything and it's all the fault of the gloating right.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

The Left pretty much went underground following the election. They didn't emerge again until J20. Meanwhile the Right acted like they were the greatest thing on Earth for almost three months.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I'd love to be able to have the "what do you think about this policy" discussion here without the hate and anti whatever. I'd bet that a good number of things would be agreed upon and those that weren't, would make for good honest, fair discussion. Like in the old days of ATS. in fact, let me start a thread on how ATS used to be........kidding.

I am for controlled borders. Just as Clinton, Clinton, Obama, Bush, Bush, and every other president has been in the past. But all of the sudden, that's mean. This is just one example of a topic that was manufactured to be divisive when it wasn't only a few short years ago. And there are many more just like that.

Perhaps there could be an antithesis to the mud pit. A forum where you could discuss anything but you had to be polite, or you got electric shocks to your left testicle. Or something equally as painful. I just think we are all much more alike than we are different.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Two years ago when Trump was elected I laid out two options: A.) Either the Trump supporters could act like gracious winners, extend a hand across the aisle, and attempt to get some compromise going on; or B.) They could act like pompous assholes and disregard everything the Left had to say.

That may have been your approach. It certainly wasn't the reaction of the rest of the dems. It was a s###show from the gitgo.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

the Trump supporters could act like gracious winners, extend a hand across the aisle, and attempt to get some compromise going on

I thought I was pretty clear. That's what you should have done. Instead those on the Right spent months gloating about how they could do whatever they wanted and the Left didn't matter.

Guess what? The Left does still matter and the actions of the Right give them no reason to compromise.

Honestly there's nothing there Right can do to fix things right now. But if they start trying to compromise now the Left might be like liable to reciprocate when they the tables are turned in 2020/24.

so your idea is for the right to just shut up and if we are really good, then in 2024, if the left puts up a real person for consideration, you will try to nicen it up a bit?

when you come down from that cloud, read your post again and laugh with me.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The left went underground? You mean went underground for a few hours before they emerged the very next day with a fairytale on how Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election?

Like I said, they cries of the left hasn't stopped since the night of Nov 8 2016.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

The Left pretty much went underground following the election. They didn't emerge again until J20. Meanwhile the Right acted like they were the greatest thing on Earth for almost three months.

Real ly?

You don´t really believe that, or do you?

7 out of 10 results for the keyword "trump" on the first page that comes up between 08.11.16 - 01.02.17 are negative threads about Trump.

Donald Trump and Revelations The Seven Trumpets, page 1 - Above ...
Demons Have Kidnapped Trump , page 1 - Above Top Secret
Donald Trump is a Freemason/Jesuit-Illuminati, page 1 - Above Top
It seems that the Rothschilds have been supporting Donald Trump ...
Trump Controlled Telepathically , page 1 - Above Top Secret
Would Trump Supporters Be Acting Like Petulant Children?, page 1 ...
Donald Trump Body Double????, page 1 - Above Top Secret

edit on 29-10-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2018 by verschickter because: corrected timespan to 01.02.17 from 01.02.16

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

so your idea is for the right to just shut up and if we are really good, then in 2024, if the left puts up a real person for consideration, you will try to nicen it up a bit?

Well, somebody did say there will be no civility until the Dems are back in power.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The Left pretty much went underground following the election.

No they kept right on calling folk racist and other names every time they lost a debate.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am extremely reactionary. I NEVER start threads. My posts are always reactions to the posts of others. So my perspective is the same as yours: if you don’t like what I post, look at your own post.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I just think we are all much more alike than we are different.

Poof, the magic wand of truth. We are. My only neighbor, I live out in the country, is an ardent Trump supporter and I, well, you've seen my posts I presume. We both understand that we are not enemies, that as you say we are not so different from one another.

You need evidence to have faith in what liberals say and I need evidence to have faith in what conservatives say. My neighbor helps me and I help him. You offer evidence of the integrity to be found with in the conservative mind set and I hope as well that I can reciprocate.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

You literally saying trump is president stop the opposition, agree with everything he does and says... Yes he's the president, no need for more Praises.

But you can't expect people to be on the side of trump with no questions?

It's even apparent for conservatives on ats whom dare even hint at a critical analysis of a move by trump; threads which would otherwise get stars and flag galore are uncharacteristically abandoned when an eyebrow is raised at trump.

Your plea is that you're acting the way you do because people are opposing trump? What logic is that?

quick lesson. "literally"

lit·er·al·ly /ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/Submit adverb in a literal manner or sense; exactly.

grasp the language first please.

Here is what I 'literally" said.

Trump is president. He will be until the next election, unless we decide not to have any viable people run to oppose him. Just as we who didn’t like Obama, couldn’t do anything about him being the president, you who don’t like Trump can’t do anything about him, other than what you have been doing, and that isn’t really working. It’s just causing what I think is the root of the problem.

pick it apart and find where I offered any love for Trump in that. that guy is a douche bag. don't be that guy.

But that's the thing. Obama was president before Trump. Nothing the Right could do about it. But there were hundreds of threads on ATS criticizing him, questioning his nationality, calling him all sorts of names, etc. There still are posts about it. Same goes for Hillary.

Why is it ok for the Right to do that, but when the Left does, they're douches?

Again, I applaud the thread. But, in order for it to work, you need to back away from partisan bickering, as well as everyone else, on both sides.

you make a lot of sense. But I can offer you a hint of what I mean if you take the time to see my side. Go back and look at the amount of threads on Obama. Sure there were the Kenyan, birther threads and plenty of folks were into all that. But the rhetoric for Trump is magnified bigley. It's not even in the same galaxy. And the history is all there, for those who will look.

See the bi weekly threads on the way ATS used to be. (Which based on the number of threads, should be it's own forum)

Oh I agree completely, there are definitely more threads about Trump than there were about Obama. However, I would argue that a significant amount of Trump threads are people posting to defend him/point out good things he did/gloat about him. I'm not saying there aren't critical threads, there certainly are. My stance though, is that it wouldn't be so inflated if people didn't go MAGA-ing about every little thing he does. Or criticizing every little thing he does...toilet paper on his shoe? How is that a multi-page thread? Ridiculous. Also, how many of these threads are duplicates? People post the same stuff in 5 different forums nowadays.

My overall point is, both sides do the exact same thing. The resolution shouldn't be, "you first". That won't work in today's pride-filled world. Everyone needs to approach a solution together, people are too stubborn now for anything else to work.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator
I remember theantejuvenile relentlessly doing thread after thread, like it was his only purpose in life.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Everyone needs to approach a solution together, people are too stubborn now for anything else to work.

I agree. You go first......

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: narrator
I remember theantejuvenile relentlessly doing thread after thread, like it was his only purpose in life.

Ever heard of the poster whose name starts with an X (and I don’t mean Xcalibur)? Talk about having a sole purpose in life!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join