It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump BELIEVES that the bombs were a liberal Hoax, then goes on to blame the media

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
On October 26th Trump tweeted this:

It is obvious that he is totally buying into the talking points put forward by the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Ann Colter, and others in the right-wing media that the bombs were part of an elaborate liberal hoax designed to slow Republican momentum. Let that sink in, the President of the United States, the leader of the free world is buying into conspiracy theories.

Shortly after the first tweet, he had this to say:

The man is oblivious. He can't get it through his thick skull that as President his words carry meaning. To people in this country who may be mentally ill, such as Cesar Sayoc, can take his words to extremes. In their twisted heads, they may believe that the President of the United States WANTS them to kill his opponents since Trump talks so harshly of them.

Lastly:

He again labels any news against him as Fake and then blames them for the violence WITHOUT proof. He further agitates the extreme members of his following against civilized discourse. This man is not fit to be President and makes me ashamed to be a Republican.

The truth is that Trump is directly responsible for both the bombs and the Synagogue shooter. His rhetoric is what riles up these crazies, him making already unstable people believe that someone is out to get them makes them violent.

edit on 29-10-2018 by BlackJackal because: sentence added

(post by CADpro removed for a manners violation)
(post by notsure1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Let that sink in, the President of the United States, the leader of the free world is buying into conspiracy theories

Say it ain't so Joe....
I mean really. This is not a new revelation.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here's a suggestion:
When people suggest that the words of political figures lead to violence...
that 'should' also imply that:
Ozzy's behavior lead to biting small animals
Marilyn Manson's songs lead to Columbine
Video Games lead to violence
Heavy Metal leads to Satanism
Comic Books seduce the innocent
Spooning leads to forking...

I suspect that most of you already know this.
Some of you I judge as deliberately ignoring this in order to feel better about your biases.
Words are influential no doubt. When Trump, Clinton, Holder, Waters, and others make stupid comments that veil violent impulses, that is ignorant. In the end, the people who take action already wanted to.

People take the actions they wanted to:
Psychology Today

Anger creates justifications for generalization. It looks for sources to justify the anger. Millions of people listen to politicians and don't act out. People eager to act out have already been busy justifying it.

Should politicians use rhetoric about incivility or violence. No. Are they causing it? Not with words. They may support it in other means.

I never said that words do not carry influence.
The kind of influence that AC/DC can have on society is clearly non-existent compared to a Senator or POTUS.

BUT, in most cases, violent individuals act out because they have internalized a personal belief. The data generally indicates that the things that influence them are not the source of the violence, but the outlet or excuse.

Psychology Today / Science of Violence

Live Science / Rhetoric

The premise would have to mean then, that certain people are capable of absorbing art and entertainment without acting out, but turn into violent people the moment a politician speaks.

This also makes it difficult to ignore the rhetoric of Eric Holder, Maxine Waters, or Hillary Clinton.

It can be argued that they have actually called directly for violence. If you disagree, then you have to justify in YOUR OWN MIND how their rhetoric and Trump's is different. This argument is entirely a no winner, and based squarely on partisanship.

...BTW, it's not the mentally ill that cause the majority of this problem. That's another lie that needs to go away.
edit on 29-10-2018 by LedermanStudio because: engrish

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Let that sink in, the President of the United States, the leader of the free world is buying into conspiracy theories

Say it ain't so Joe....
I mean really. This is not a new revelation.

Like the fake dossier and the Russian collusion conspiracy theory.

You guys are like children that need spankings

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I can't stand the guy, but I don't think he is directly to blame. I will argue indirectly though. Truth is there have been domestic terrorist attacks and mass shootings before Trump and there will be them after Trump. As President though, he should (key word) understand his words carry weight. IMO, he needs to hold himself and his tweets to a higher standard. The nation, crazies included, is watching.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

I've done some freaky stuff in my time, but I ain't never forked anyone.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Is it Obamas fault that all those black people are shooting people in Chicago?

It must be right because they are black and they could have been his son?

You guys and your blaming Trump for everything that suck in your life is just too funny.

Losers lol

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I remember a couple of you last month believed the scotus nominee was a serial rapist. Funny how those stories died after nomination 🤷🏻‍♂️

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

Oh lets put on our blinders instead.

+1 more 
link   

So by your logic, Obama was responsible for Ft. Hood, VA tech, San Bernardino, Benghazi...?

link   

originally posted by: notsure1

They blame him he blames them and you libtards get triggered.

Someone obviously didn't read the entire post. It's the people like you that I love the most. The ones who just knee jerk defend anything that possibly looks bad against Trump without even opening your mind at all. I think the correct term is zealot, its the posts like yours that let's me know who is worth discussing with and who will only believe what Fox tells them.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

But some think its going to have a play in the midterms. LOL Cant even stay relevant for a week forget about a month.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CADpro

Oh lets put on our blinders instead.

Didnt you make a bet about Kav that you lost and said you would stop posting.

You lost so now do your part.

Unless you are not a an honest person and renig on bets?

couldnt be right?
edit on 29-10-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
For an, ahem, "Republican" you sure make a lot of posts that sound like a clueless and disingenuous progressive.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

So by your logic, Obama was responsible for Ft. Hood, VA tech, San Bernardino, Benghazi...?

No......... were any of those politically related? I'm not sure what you consider logic but that's not how it works .

Come on, you are better than this, at least try.

(post by notsure1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Thank you, Thank you.
I am not a republican but I would probably vote for you if you ran for a political office.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join