It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military to Deploy 5,000 Troops to Southern Border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

you're*

Far from a feckless liberal.

You don't want this, trust me.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I see. Like all those UN Resolutions concerning Israel, perhaps?

List of UN Resolutions Concerning Israel

link   
Sounds sensible.

Long as they are there to detain and deport........not gun people down like some on ATS seem to be drooling for.

link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: neo96
Around 40,000 US troops kicking their heels in Germany alone, just deploy them at the border, it would save a fortune.

Again -- a vacancy will be filled by someone.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Military to Deploy 5,000 Troops to Southern Border

That's more like it!

Watch the liberals protest their military.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
IDK if anyone has said this, but I think the troops are being sent as a support role and CBP still handles the border but the military will be there if things get hairy. It's like a business man going to a meeting with 4-5 body guards, the business man handles the negotiations but if things get heated and start to get physical, the body guards are there to make sure he doesn't get hurt/robbed/killed/etc. The body guards aren't negotiating or doing the deal, jut there to keep things from going sideways.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Around 40,000 US troops kicking their heels in Germany alone, just deploy them at the border, it would save a fortune.

Sounds like you prefer US troops to be in Germany instead of defending your border?
I'd be massively against the waste of money in Germany if I was a US citizen.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

We''ll see which arguments are made on both sides.

The military would defend against an attack or "armed" invasion.

Regarding the enforcement of US law, it would be the National Guard.

Its in the US code the president can use all means at his disposal if he deems something a threat to US people and borders. If i was president i would use rubber bullets,water cannons and high frequency weapons to keep them out.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Sounds like you prefer US troops to be in Germany instead of defending your border?

I agree Germany is a waste of time and money. Let russia take them back over.

link   
I still think we should have sniper ranges running parallel to the border, with orders NOT to shoot anyone that crosses. But since they are always looking down range, they would spot people crossing and could call CBP to report them. If you have 20-30 teams/ranges that vary in location every day, it would really keep the illegals guessing as to where it was safe to cross, safe meaning not be seen, not safe as in not being shot. Also place signs warning they are on a gun range!

link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: gladtobehere

We''ll see which arguments are made on both sides.

The military would defend against an attack or "armed" invasion.

Regarding the enforcement of US law, it would be the National Guard.

Its in the US code the president can use all means at his disposal if he deems something a threat to US people and borders. If i was president i would use rubber bullets,water cannons and high frequency weapons to keep them out.

At the start but If one of our Troops or BP gets killed I say gloves off.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If you lived in a border state, you would be happy to see our military keeping invaders from rushing over the border into our country like a swarm of locusts. We have legal processes for dealing with this kind of thing.

Don't think for a second that our president and military intelligence don't know who is behind this invasion. It is too bad that some innocent migrants are being used as a Trojan Horse.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
delete
edit on 29-10-2018 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
delete
edit on 29-10-2018 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

a reply to: Annee
Constitution can be changed if the majority senate/house vote for it as far as I've read.
It seems to hold you back sometimes, have you seen how Australia does it? They rent holding camps in a foreign country, don't even let them on the mainland until their application is accepted.
The US seems to be a soft touch, like Germany was with the wave of migrants from Africa.

Yeah, that's because the government (democrats) are running low on victims..We will see what happens under Trumps direction.

I hope you know how stupid that statement is.
Are you aware that Democrats are NOT in control?
Or are you in the belief that anytime a government is in control that they are Democrats?
Personally I agree with this move as others need to realize that unless you come here legally we don’t want you.
HA and that is coming from a former Democrat!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

"Nice to see that the US still has a sense of right and wrong. Next weeks election should make many trumpsters weep and knash their teeth. I believe that this will be the end of the right in the US. They will be called out as fascists and racist. They will be shamed in their communites, and dragged down as subhuman dogs."

"Subhuman dogs"? You need to have a quiet word with yourself, mate.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I agree Germany is a waste of time and money. Let russia take them back over.

I say before we pull out of Germany we see where the country is heading when Merkel steps down (or doesn't run). I guess she finally realized that the tide has turned against her. If she would have stayed I think there would have been MAJOR backlash against her.

Isn't Ramstein the largest foreign base? It is nice to have such a large base outside of the US should it be needed. Imagine how much time is saved with having a base there, it could be the deciding factor in a way.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I don't know what their purpose is in Germany.

I'm just saying "an empty hole will not remain unfilled".

Our Border Patrol would prefer an increase in budget to employ and train new officers.

They don't really like or want outside help brought in.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

a reply to: gladtobehere

If I was Trump I'd pull all your troops from Germany and get them on the border instead. It is the job of the military to defend a nations border from invaders.

Asylum seeker vs invader

It's a tricky one (speaking Constitutionally)

Asylum seekers don't come in an army bearing their country's flag with the intent to use violent force to illegal cross our border. Asylum seekers must also ask for it in the first country they cross in to.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Oh come on. You guys love that there is a large group of migrants heading towards the border just in time for midterms.

Trump says it’s a “blessing in disguise” to get the base to vote.

Sending the troops in is part of the theater for your benefit.

As to the desperate people heading our way, they have not done anything wrong or illegal in presenting themselves to Mexico and the US for asylum.

Troops ONLY role should be to support the processing of these people, to aid Border Patrol due to the large number of applicants. And if Trump wants to prevent any of them from receiving asylum, he can do that. Or maybe some of them could come in and help drive the agricultural economy. 🤷‍♀️

Perhaps the root cause of WHY so many are at our doorstep could be addressed for the long term?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join