It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi to Democrats: ‘Go Low, Go High, Whatever. We Just Have To Win.’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
The hyperbolic arguments are getting tiresome even for the mentalist on ats... The stretches and clutches for straw to twist words is astounding.

Meanwhile the president again labels the media as the true enemy of the people... The press is to blame, not calling them an enemy is not to blame.

President Donald Trump on Monday attacked the “fake news media” as the “true enemy of the people” following a week of terror and violence in the United States.

Five days after a pipe bomb was sent to CNN, a network frequently bashed by the president, Trump tweeted that “inaccurate” reporting is partially to blame for the “great anger in our country.”

Most people don't have the education of even our founders in terms of classical to enlightenment era philosophy. So they don't understand the foreseen traps of certain ideas.

For one nationalism and calling out the media for division by politics.

There is a distinct difference from a national conversation about how bad the media, which of coarse we as consumers have the power over, and a politician using divisive populist rhetoric.

There is also a difference patriotic american people, and the political use of nationalism to declare a political opponent as unpatriotic.

Again the consumers have the ability to decide that themselves with voting.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is why I find it amusing that lazy, willfully ignorant rationalists find it beyond belief that this political faction would work with the mainstream media and intelligence community to purposefully deceive the American public in order to achieve their political aims. We have concrete evidence that they have already done so in the past and now that they are on the brink of losing all control and they're at their most desperate they somehow wouldn't do it again? In what playground pattycake version of a world are these people living in? Is it raining gumdrops outside there right now? Better get out your peppermint candy cane umbrellas.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Right.
I guess with that stunning evidence we can call the numerous ATS members who were once Dems but voted Trump liars.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

But the public did decide it with voting. Yet the establishment leftists and their proxy controlled media continue to spread hatred and vitriol in attempts to undermine our duly elected President and the will of the American people.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Go low, like the Trump supported who mailed bombs, or the guy who killed Jewish folks in Pittsburgh?

Yawn, stop watching CNN. The Pittsburgh guy was not a Trump supporter. He hated Trump. Good try though.

The bomber was a Democrat almost his whole life and was never a Republican, he was a man who came to hate his mother and hate Democrats because of his mother. Trump was merely something his mother was against. Mental illness and hatred for his mother is what brought about the mail bombings.
edit on 29-10-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: luthier

But the public did decide it with voting. Yet the establishment leftists and their proxy controlled media continue to spread hatred and vitriol in attempts to undermine our duly elected President and the will of the American people.

I dont really buy into tribalist narrarives.
For those of you who dont actually inderstand the constitution, the federal government and president are not supposed to have broad policy power and be expected to save what lawmakers fail to do.

That is a dictator. I know the left and right really want the president to be a dictator and pass all their pet peojects but that was never the intent or philosphy set out in the constituion.

Republicans last week along with their democratic bros expanded the patriot act once again chipping away at the 4th amend...

No you are right they take away our freedoms in a better way than the other party....that is a great point.

That last line was sarcasm.
edit on 29-10-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Vile woman.

If you want to provide an alternative to Trump, then act like a statesman and show the world the difference.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: JasonBillung

I see you're already embarrassing yourself in a different thread, since you ran away from my question on the previous one.

Man you have fast fingers for talking #.

Hey, I am not defending a trump supporter who mails bombs.

nor is anyone else. Pretend you really are all the wonderful things you claim to be online, and act like that guy would. Pretending to be all that, then acting like a 19 year old kid in a basement isn't really cutting it.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Isn't this awesome!

Pelosi finally admits it's all about power.

Not once does she talk about the people of this nation or freedom or liberty.

It's all about power and control.

The authoritarian left are finally showing their true colors!

To be fair...what is it all about for the Right-leaning folks in government nowadays? It sure doesn't seem like freedom and liberty to me. Every Right-leaning politician wants to be "in power" over a Democrat. Politics is ALL about power now, regardless of which side of the fence they're on.
The Right is trying to enact government control on a lot of things, just like those in charge on the Left. The difference is, you agree with the Right's position, so you're ok with it.

American politics is just big business now. And every single "business leader" could care less about the shareholders at this point. They just want more power/money/etc.
edit on 29-10-2018 by narrator because: spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Oh my, the bridge guy.

Hoy Hoy the SoyBoy

"Watch out for those Pelosi Pimple-Poppers"

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The American people, Democrats, Republicans or/and "Other". Need to take a break, "stop movement" and/or R.O.N.! Find a copy of The US. Constitution (our "law") and read it. Not just read it, but understand it.
Until we become "Americans" again.
This country, our country, has been invaded, by the worst kind of enemy, politicians/law makers/lawyers. Twisting the meaning of words, creating new meanings. Raising doubts, deviding and laying waste to individual freedom. Taking our individual disagreements, differences to arm both "sides".

I find Pelosi's words/comments very telling and very sad. Because she is ignorantly speaking as a politician, and not as an American. What machinations does her "party" have that is so important? To "Just have to win"? "Progressive change"? Which can not be done without the abolishment of our law, The C.O.T.U.S.?

The lack of law, common "civil" standards and morality are going to create a division, that not even a civil war will save the "Union" this time.

For now? It's only words. Pelosi's words. Politicians words. "Lawyer talk".

Very dividing words. "Them" and "Us".
The simple solution is The C.O.T.U.S.
Them or Us, Us or Them. Can not do anything, contradictory to the "law" (The C.O.T.U.S.) Even though it has already been done. But we the people need to stop, take a Rest Over Night. Relearn what can be done, and not be done by "them". Reassert or liberty/freedom.
The C.O.T.U.S is the answer to 95% of our "differences", that they like to harp about. Forcing ourselves to respect it. Then demanding they are adhering to it. Would go a long way in alleviating our national "issues". It would also take the venom out of the secessionist talk of these un-American politicians.

edit on 29-10-2018 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

Oh, you mean compare things that crazy civilians did to things that have been premeditated actions of elected officials?

Yeah, that's called a false comparison...moving the goal posts...strawman argument...

There are plenty of logical fallacies that fit this one. Just close your eyes and point and you'll be right.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
One week to go until “the meltdown”.

Libtarded mass-suicides anyone? Mass rioting and destruction of your own neighbourhoods anyone?

Or will we just get Together and have a massive ‘scream at the sky’ like adults?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sounds like an Supideo complex.

(That's "Oedipus" spelled backwards)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Like I said to another poster, start a thread on republicans and I'll crap all over them as well.

THIS THREAD is about democrats and Pelosi specifically.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

While I agree in theory about understanding the Constitution, it must be noted that not everyone embraced it when it was ratified, and not everyone embraces it now. Hell, many elected politicians from both sides--sworn to uphold the Constitution--openly advocate against it.

Understanding it will do nothing, unfortunately, especially considering the amount of laws and agencies that have been added that have bastardized our ability to run our nation in conjunction with the spirit of the Constitution.

If we ever want to reset the country, it will probably occur the way that it did the first time.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Exactly.

This site is a sad piece of poo compared to what it used to be.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: narrator

Like I said to another poster, start a thread on republicans and I'll crap all over them as well.

THIS THREAD is about democrats and Pelosi specifically.

I guess that was my point too, in a roundabout way: These partisan crappings-on are kind of pointless nowadays. Both sides are equally horrible. I feel that a lot could be solved if we stopped bickering over whose side is better, and came together to crap on the government as a whole. One giant group dump.

People would realize how similar we all actually are, and ultimately realize that we are all being taken advantage of by the entire government, not just one side.

That's when solutions will start popping up.

Just my .02.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator Both sides are equally horrible.

That is where I disagree. I find both sides terrible, but one side worse. One side wants to fundamentally change America into their vision of what it should be. If they succeed, America as we know it will forever be lost.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'll never understand how Pelosi gets a single vote.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join