It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama McDonald's gunman killed by armed dad, who is injured in shootout

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It's not an important question at all. You walk into a McDonald's and shoot at ANYTHING and you're gonna pay the consequences.

A2D

I wouldn't walk into a McDonald's and pay for the consequences unless they are on the dollar menu.

#poormangourmet

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: CharlesT

no - i am asking the most important question

the OP claims the gunman entered to start a mass shooting

he fired first - and shot at what EXACTLY - hint - his first shots netted zero casualties

go figure

Headlines of tomorrow: Someone was shot today as a gunman opened fire. The person didn't duck, cover, run, or take any action in the 3 seconds they had to react, because they were trying to figure out WHAT the gunman was shooting at, before deciding.

This is completely normal. Police, NRA, and CCL training always dictates that you always try to determine what a shooter is shooting at, before reacting. Especially when they are within close proximity and seconds can mean the difference of life or death. You gotta know, are they shooting people or are they shooting at the McRibs.

This point is even more important when the person is wearing a mask to conceal their identity. Maybe they just have a, wear a mask while shooting safely career. Don't act too quickly. Stop and find out if it's a misunderstanding, while they are opening fire in a building.

edit on 29-10-2018 by Archivalist because: Comma

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: Krakatoa

A more factual headline would have been: "Two gunmen exchange fire in an Alabama McDonalds. One dead, two with minor injuries".

Inference about motive and potential outcomes is entirely unfounded.

It could just as realistically been "A confused Halloween prankster gets the date wrong and is taken down by an armed killer" or "Accidental discharge of robbers weapon in an Alabama McDonald leads to fatal shooting".

That is the problem with US News. It is 80% spin.

Oh puhleeze! You are being rediculous.

I believe that 'ridiculous' is the correct spelling (but you could be making pun on the color of blood).

A criminal started causing trouble and was put down. And you wanna call the hero dad "just another gunman exchanging fire with another gunman"?

He was leaving the place with his sons and risked his life going back in to stop him because he knew that guy was gonna end up hurting someone. And you wanna pretend there might be some other motive? Maybe it was a hate crime? What motive are you talking about?

And who cares if a ROBBERS GUN MISFIRES (more than once?) hes still an armed robber, blow the # bastards head off!!!

Robber's gun? Was anything stolen?

Your "halloween prank but they got the date wrong" is just laughable...

Its obvious you're extremely desperate to find any outlandish reason to believe that this story can't be a good guy stopping a bad guy.
We get it...
Citizens learning to be capable of self defense is a bad thing, they shouldve huddled in the corner waiting for the police to show up.

The 'hero dad' killed someone. The alleged 'criminal' didn't.

You are assuming that the dad was defending himself because the story was presented that way.

I also wasn't particularly serious about that particular post. Usually I indicate my non-serious posts with a
emoji/thingy.

edit on 29/10/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
He messed with the wrong McDonald's. Dad & sons awarded lifetime happy meals!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
nice.
glad the scumbag died.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The guy came in and shot, who cares whether he is there to rob or murder people or do both.

The unidentified father was leaving the restaurant around 10:45 p.m. on Sunday when the suspect walked into the Birmingham, Alabama fast-food restaurant and started shooting.

So yes, Hero dad. Want to know who else thinks so, the people who were actually there.

“All we hear is like different gunfire, so in my mind, I’m imagining everybody is dead. He’s looking for us,” he said adding that he was thankful the armed customer was there.

“He’s my hero. Because I can only imagine how it would’ve went if he wasn’t armed. We might not be here having this interview,” Washington added.

kdvr.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: chr0naut

The guy came in and shot, who cares whether he is there to rob or murder people or do both.

Is shooting a gun against the law now?

Surely anyone who returned fire would be breaking the same law (if it existed)

The unidentified father was leaving the restaurant around 10:45 p.m. on Sunday when the suspect walked into the Birmingham, Alabama fast-food restaurant and started shooting.

So yes, Hero dad. Want to know who else thinks so, the people who were actually there.

“All we hear is like different gunfire, so in my mind, I’m imagining everybody is dead. He’s looking for us,” he said adding that he was thankful the armed customer was there.

“He’s my hero. Because I can only imagine how it would’ve went if he wasn’t armed. We might not be here having this interview,” Washington added.

kdvr.com...

That's fair enough, but the comment of the staff member of the McDonalds wasn't in the initial news report.

The current reports are still missing the details of what the initial shooter was shooting at, which is fairly vital in determining motivations.

Later news reports added details like the fact that the Maccas was closing and the initial perp already had convictions relating to firearm possession and robbery with violence.

The thing was, the initial reports were very light on fact and served to get many riled up on what was at the time more opinion than fact.

edit on 30/10/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join