It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merkel quits as party leader

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
www.bbc.com...
This means she won't run for a fifth(?!) time as German chancellor. She always said chancellor and party leader of CDU goes hand in hand. There is a press conference going on, but with no words about the catastrophic losses in Bavaria and Hessen(?).
After 18 years she was seriously weakened with all the fights between her and interior minister Seehofer.

That's good news for all those who blame her open doors policy for the European migrant crisis. I had my own problems with her but that was one of her better speeches in my opinion. She wanted to help and all conspiracies aside it was necessary and helpful for Syria.

No word so far who will follow her footsteps, this shouldn't be interesting because the party CDU has no really good leaders. Which means the party will lose even more in the following elections, but they are 3 years away so who knows maybe that's enough time to build someone who won't sink the party entirely. Which wouldn't be a big loss.
Now you know, Merkel's days are numbered.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Got a good friend in Germany who has been telling me she's run her course and is tired and complacent now, been telling me that for a year. Her biggest mistake came when she tried to accept refugees. Good riddance.

Now, if Schauble becomes the next Chancellor then that will confirm everything he's been telling me.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Never. Schäuble is president of the Bundestag. The only think he becomes is pensioner.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Na, she does not want to quit chancellorship, only the lead of the CDU.
Yes, she did say something about "hand in hand", but that does not seem to bode any weight for her.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

But she is. Her last 3 years she said.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
She won´t run another time. She said that after this legislation period, she´s going to quit. That´s a bit funny because it sounds like she has a choice to not quit after the legislature.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Did you notice? Not a word about all the percents they lost with their weak leadership...

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Her grave mistake was to invite the world and not only Syrian war refugees. I explicit say "her" because she made the impression that it´s a "one woman show".

I´ll open a good bottle of wine the day she will "decline" and hope that instead of people voting for AFD, that both the SPD, CDU and FDP get their # together.

I´ll also open a bottle of wine the day Miss Mortler steps or is stepped down. I´ve yet come to see a more toxic women, except maybe her, whose name shall not be spoken out.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Okay, we both may have taken her word in different ways ("Sie will nach Ende der laufenden Legislaturperiode nicht erneut für das Amt der Bundeskanzlerin antreten.")

This means she will not step up for another 4 years, but will stay as chancellor until then.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Merkel quits After she destroyed Germany with her destructive polices.
edit on 29-10-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Merkel quits After she destroyed Germany with her destructive polices.

As much as I dislike her, you talk bs. She does not "quit".

edit on 29-10-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Flood your own country with invaders and quit. She should be on trial.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Bull#, again she did not quit.

She´ll be doing the rest of her term but won´t run next time. I disagree with her on almost everything, but that she quit is just not true.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
She wanted to help and all conspiracies aside it was necessary and helpful for Syria.

She's supposed to look after Germany's interest, not another nation.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

She's supposed to look after Germany's interest, not another nation.

Correct. Not Syria, not Greek, not international banksters, but Germany.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Her work is complete. Germany will never recover.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

www.bbc.com... shes stepping down in 2021

Germany's Angela Merkel has said she will step down as chancellor in 2021, following recent election setbacks. "I will not be seeking any political post after my term ends," she told a news conference in Berlin. She also said she would not seek re-election as leader of the centre-right CDU party in December. She has held the post since 2000. The CDU was severely weakened in Sunday's poll in the state of Hesse, the latest in a series of setbacks. Both the CDU and its national coalition partners, the Social Democrats, were 10 percentage points down on the previous poll there.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Eastern Germany still untouched.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Also not entirely true.

That´s like saying, a president or cancelor steps down everytime their term ends. Her term ends and she´s not going to run another time. Big difference and BBC should get that straight.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
well ... better late then never ! When do the encroached bankrupts of Italy think they can leave ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join