It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants break through Guatemala border gate !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Make your own thread if you want to talk about how great Britain is. I fail to see how that's not off topic here?

YAAAAA! He sure has a way of bringing that up at every possible chance & then beat's it like a dead horse. I've counted probably at least 30-40 threads he's done that in and I had to check if he was a bot programmed to talk about England
Lol, why are you crying? I'm pretty much supporting your position but using the British experience to explain why.
Can't you #ing read or something?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yeah b/c I was so serious. I'd say the criminals in the caravans breaking through borders illegally are more unhinged than what I posted.

Why wouldn't I take you seriously based on some of your other threads, both active and removed. But hey, I'm not surprised to see you fall on the side of machine-gunning people.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Make your own thread if you want to talk about how great Britain is. I fail to see how that's not off topic here?

YAAAAA! He sure has a way of bringing that up at every possible chance & then beat's it like a dead horse. I've counted probably at least 30-40 threads he's done that in and I had to check if he was a bot programmed to talk about England

It's not about England.

It's about comparisons.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Annee
GNI is a better marker, and on that scale the US is piss poor compared to most EU nations.
US aid as a percentage of GNI = 0.15%
UK aid as a percentage of GNI = 0.67%

Thanks.

I used to keep up more. I'm less into it now.

It's like giant corporations donating vs "mom pop" stores donating.

Sure, the corp gives far more money -- but, it has little effect on their overall budget and economic gains.

Measurement.
That's actually a really good way to describe it

I'd support more overseas aid from the UK if it was suggested, but more practical aid as opposed to money which can be syphoned off by corrupt officials.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It's not about England.

It's about comparisons.

Yes exactly

I can only offer my own perspective from the UK and compare it to the US. That is reasoned discussion as far as I see it.
The wider migrant/refugee situation is international and we share similar challenges to the US.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Nobody cares what Britain does.

But here's the thing, "those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it". Us Brits have had a similar problem with the "refugees/economic migrants" being allowed through the EU to camp at Calais whilst trying to get into our country illegally.

So, if you are not interested in how other countries deal with similar problems, that's up to you. Pretty ignorant, though, if you ask me. Good luck and all.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Problem is the USA is no island like England. How does this apply again?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

True, although strictly speaking England is not an island, but the English Channel is still a border and it is not impregnable.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Problem is the USA is no island like England. How does this apply again?

The UK border is on French and Belgian soil keeping them off the trains and ferries.
If we had a land border I guarantee the army would enforce it unlike weak Germany which just let them all in.
The US could easily keep them out if there is political will. The UK just shows you how to do it, big fences are doing the trick in France, and all funded by the UK taxpayer - I support the policy.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

True, although strictly speaking England is not an island, but the English Channel is still a border and it is not impregnable.
Fishermen smuggle people in all the time in my parts, tens of thousands of £'s at a time, I can see the temptation for the easy money.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It is a bit easier when you have 23 miles of sea serpent-infested water for someone to try and cross.

Oh, and I'm not using kilometeres becasue that is a stupid system of measurement. Now excuse me, I'm off to the restroom.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Haha you nut!

The channel isn't really the border though, the UK border starts on French soil with British officers guarding the tunnel and the ferries from the shanty town migrants.
If we didn't have this juxtaposed border the French would just let them on the ferries and trains, they don't want them either.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

So what exactly are you suggesting here? The US moving it's border on the other side of the fence into Mexico? You see no problem with that?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, but although our sea monsters do a grand job for no pay and little thanks some still get through uneaten, sadly.

Enjoy your rest. Do your restrooms have comfy Chesterfields? Like a Yank equivalent of a Gentleman's club, perhaps?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You could invade Mexico, would that not be the typical American response?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If Mexico agrees then why not? France agreed with the UK but they are hating it now after your stupid Chancellor invited everyone in lol.
If I was Trump I'd pull all my troops out of your country and properly enforce the border. Would save a fortune with them stationed back home, no extra costs, and a tight border.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I still fail to see how these issues are in any way comparable? What we can learn from Britain is that France is not Mexico and an island has advantages. But besides that?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

One port vs miles and miles of land, big difference Mexico would be insane to allow that, we talk about populated areas.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, and I'm not using kilometeres becasue that is a stupid system of measurement. Now excuse me, I'm off to the restroom.

Isn't Kilometers part of the metric system based on 10?

Instead of 12s?

Which one is stupid?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join