It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants break through Guatemala border gate !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

It seems to be a global phenomenon.

Why is the south (Southern Hemisphere) migrating north?

We can come up with all kinds of excuses/reasons -- but, it's not an isolated issue. It's Global.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Should just do what your nation did and let them all in lol, that worked well for you guys.
The UK meanwhile escaped such problems with our border on the French side.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Your nation decides if it becomes a problem for you though, Britain just refuses entry and kicks out those found here illegally. Job sorted.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Nobody cares what Britain does.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Lmao, do you speak for everyone now, like a true superior German haha!

I care what Britain does, and I love that we don't have the migrant problems which you do because your weak government let them all in. Yes, they can camp in their slums in northern France as long as they like because they ain't getting in my nation.
...Ireland does care though, they are just too scared to admit it in public. The UK defends Ireland from the mistakes of the EU (Germany), our juxtaposed border keeps the rabble out of Ireland as well.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Actually, you should.

Away from quiet hamlets and pretty villages the UK is suffering from a problem of cross culture non-integration. Since 2003 net migration has been upwards of 185k people per year.

This influx of people, from differing backgrounds, has bred poverty on a grand scale throughout our cities and suburbs.

It is true that many of these people come in, get a job and pay tax. Unfortunately there are other patterns which are true. They funnel out money earned to their families, this is a real kicker to economy. They are happy to live in cramped unkempt conditions because their stays here are relatively short term (10 -20 years).

This in addition to hospitals and schools being full to bursting, because our gov can't keep expanding them to suit people who funnel money out of the country.... Has led to a point where things are about to break.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So the US is just supposed to accept asylum for 7500 persons all at once when thats a 3rd of all persons seeking asylum in 2016. There are procedures in place #1 to seek asylum in the US from Mexico they must apply at their country of origin in Mexico. #2 upon arrival at the border the US has every right to return or detain those seeking asylum till they can be vetted, its that simple..

www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org...
edit on 29-10-2018 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

That was not per capita.

The three countries received about $500 million from the U.S. in fiscal year 2017. That money funds programs that promote economic development and education, as well as supporting democracy and human rights, among other issues. It was not immediately clear how much money Trump now hopes to cut, though the administration already had been pushing to reduce the government’s global aid and foreign operations budget by about 30 percent for fiscal 2019 that began Oct 1.

Associated Press

Why is per capita a reliable indication of whether an amount of money donated is sufficient? Shouldn't the measurement be against how poor the situation is, rather than how many people are in it? (Qualitative data is obv open for manipulation).

Interested to hear your answer, I feel I may be about to learn....

I think per capita speaks for itself. It's a measurement.

Where does the US rank compared to other countries in foreign aid -- per capita?

You don't have to agree.

link   
Dp
edit on 29-10-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   
Reminds me of the opening scene on Scarface. Castro let the one's from his prisons loose to migrate here. These don't seem like "families". Well a gang is a sort of family.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
GNI is a better marker, and on that scale the US is piss poor compared to most EU nations.
US aid as a percentage of GNI = 0.15%
UK aid as a percentage of GNI = 0.67%

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

2007-2013 (Honduras alone) the EU (28 countries) gave 223milion Euros. Taking into consideration time (5 years) and conversion of currency this "seems" significantly less than US.

I cannot check other countries but will, tonight. Are you saying US gives very little or very much?

Also I refer back to 'per capita'. I don't know how this is relevant. Well, I do, but as a gauge of "did a country give enough" - I don't think it is relevant. However we are now comparing amounts given by countries - so per capita is not relevant now - only relative amounts.... surely?

Unless I've missed a massive goat in the room?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
They are not migrants. I don't understand why people keep referring to the caravan as a "migrant" caravan. It is not. They are a group of refugees that are going to declare asylum when they reach our border.

Why can't they claim asylum in a neighbouring country to the one they are leaving? Asylum is a rather misused term when a person fleeing persecution does not stop in a safe country because there is not a well paid job. When that happens it's better to accurately label them as economic migrants.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Your nation decides if it becomes a problem for you though, Britain just refuses entry and kicks out those found here illegally. Job sorted.

The ones they find. Same here.

But, still -- the "south" is moving north Globally. They hit a wall -- then what?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The ones they find. Same here.

But, still -- the "south" is moving north Globally. They hit a wall -- then what?

They stop at the wall or fences like in northern France where they refuse to register so set up slum camps.
Not the UK's problem, it's up to the French to deal with it.
If the UK border wasn't on French soil they just would have let them all on the ferries or the trains.
We have that very same issue in the UK/EU border and they ain't getting into the UK any time soon.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Make your own thread if you want to talk about how great Britain is. I fail to see how that's not off topic here?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What all these bleeding heart NPC's don't understand is that the people from central america don't want these people either but they think it is worse that they are coming to the US as these people are their problem. They understand that these people are violent criminals and career criminals and the reason they can't get jobs is because of their criminal record.

It is SOO stereotypical that they liberals think that these "latino's" can't support themselves in their own country, that they can't get a good education and that only the US can save them. Most latino's find this mindset very offensive. This is the same mindset that always makes blacks out to be too stupid to figure out how to get ID to vote. So demeaning to those who they think are "lesser" than they. The only reason liberals want these people in the country is because it would hurt people who work, the most, not the liberal "elites" (and their minions in gov & welfare).

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Make your own thread if you want to talk about how great Britain is. I fail to see how that's not off topic here?
Oh sorry, I must have missed when you were recruited as a mod lmfao!
It is on-topic, it is about migrants and how Britain deals with the problem, keep them out and kick them out.
I support UK govt policy and there are no real calls by the populace to change it...you can keep your fake refugee economic migrants thanks, and Britain will continue enforcing the border, as the US should to discourage them.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

YAAAAA! He sure has a way of bringing that up at every possible chance & then beat's it like a dead horse. I've counted probably at least 30-40 threads he's done that in and I had to check if he was a bot programmed to talk about England
edit on 10 29 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

GNI is a better marker, and on that scale the US is piss poor compared to most EU nations.
US aid as a percentage of GNI = 0.15%
UK aid as a percentage of GNI = 0.67%

Thanks.

I used to keep up more. I'm less into it now.

It's like giant corporations donating vs "mom pop" stores donating.

Sure, the corp gives far more money -- but, it has little effect on their overall budget and economic gains.

Measurement.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join