It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lion Air 737 Max 8 fatal crash

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flipper35

It probably wasn't an emergency when they requested to return. You can see in the raw data that whatever it was started out pretty benign, and wasn't really bad until the crash started.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The data from JT43 the night before has been published by FR24. This plane never should have made it to Jakarta. The crew that flew it from Bali need their heads examined.

edit on 10/31/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Jeez no wonder they said it was like a roller-coaster look at it at 5000 ft

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

It was as bad the day of the crash, just it went in the other direction. It started slow, then got violent as the crash started.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Did the troubles start at the same altitude do you know?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I'll have to check, but I think the Sunday flight started sooner. I'll check later tonight and see.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Seeing reports they've found the black box now.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

One of them. It appears relatively undamaged as well.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Yeah I think they're still to find the one that records the voices.

The one they've found can they plug in to a simulator and reenact tye incident?
edit on 1-11-2018 by Woody510 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

They haven't said yet which one was recovered I don't think. I haven't done my morning sweep yet but the first article I looked at said they weren't commenting yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
BBC's story that I read here mate. link

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Thanks.

I looked over the JT43 data. They had some odd vertical speed readings on the ground, but the first altitude drop they experienced was around 1500 feet, so it was pretty close to the same altitude as JT610.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Still can't believe they flew either days tbh. People on the ground are lucky it didn't have those drops like at 5000ft closer to the ground.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

link

A new story saying the pilot of the previous flight made a pan pan call just after take off but decided to carry on.

Another Story the boss of Lion Air has come out saying he doesn't understand why people are now scared to fly with them. link

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
With the issues speculated upon, elevator feedback, instrument software conflicts, bad data in glass cockpit and finally actual elevator issues couldn't pilots conceivably revert to the set of rudimentary analog instruments to keep flying aircraft with exception of last issue. Even airspeed can be estimated by old fashion navigation skills.

Are glass cockpits lulling pilots into losing basic flight abilities whilst encouraging "button pushers" instead?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I hadn't heard the PAN call, but he was an idiot.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Technology and lack of CRM, especially in Asian countries. It's getting more and more rare to see basic airmanship taught after initial training.
edit on 11/1/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I was talking to my mum the other day about it. In the 80s she used to go out to Oz loads as we have family friends over there and one day she'd seen a really cheap flight and booked it. Little did she realise it was with Garuda she said she's never been as scared in her life on a plane. Not only that but it was described as the milk float flight as it literally stopped everywhere. When they were leaving Jakarta they had to abort the take off and go off the runway due to a major systems failure. She said when she finally landed in Oz she booked a single with Singapore and just sacked off the return flight altogether with them.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Garuda is, or was, quite a bit better in recent years. There are some really good Asian airlines, but I wouldn't fly anything based in Indonesia or India if you offered me enough money to retire on right now. Lion Air started in 1999, and currently has something like 450 aircraft on the books between orders and active aircraft. That kind of expansion is asking for major trouble. I'm actually surprised they haven't had more fatal accidents.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
They had an interesting mix of issues. They also had a fuel control fault.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join