It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia Lion Air flight crashes en route from Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Divers recovered one of the two recorders from the aircraft. It was found away from the aircraft in about 30m of water.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
In addition to the instrument problems, and the feel system problem, they had a fuel control issue on JT43 as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
What an absolutely terrifying ordeal for the passengers (and crew). May they rest in peace.

Thankfully maybe not quite as terrifying as AS261 simply because they didn't have the altitude, but still a horrifying ordeal I'm sure.

I think if I had to pick something, this type of an event would be my worst fear. Just completely helpless to do anything, but ample time to realize it and wonder at what moment you were going to slam headlong into a solid wall of effectively concrete.

thats pretty grim, but I have to agree with you... enough time to realise its over.... but not a damn thing you can do about it... horrific..

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Someone went through the communications from the flight and reported the pilot mentioned a flight control problem.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Investigators downloaded 69 hours from the Flight Data Recorder. They're focusing on a specific area for the Cockpit Voice Recorder, but have lost the signal from it. On Friday, a 48 year old volunteer diver died while working on the crash site. Family refused an autopsy.

www.khaleejtimes.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Boeing prepares 737 Max safety bulletin.

The faulty AoA sensors can result in the trim system automatically selecting nose down. It can be stopped by manually adjusting the trim, but upon release of the switch, the system can resume trimming nose down.

airwaysmag.com...

edit on 11/7/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/7/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join