It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie Review: The Endless (borderline horror film)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
On my flight to California from the East Coast today I watched a pretty interesting movie that should appeal to the ATS family for a few different reasons and that film was called: The Endless.

I dont want to spoil the plot line much but it hits on quite a few conspiracy type events including aliens, time loops, cults and other.
The acting is pretty solid while the effects can be a bit underwhelming at times.
I wouldn't quite call it a horror in the traditional sense but some people might find elements scary.
The film opens with a Lovecraft quote and for the most part successfully creates the same type of horror one feels in reading a Lovecraft story.
Similar to how All Along the Watchtower was integral to the BSG the song House of the Rising Sun (various covers of it) plays a part in the story line.

On Rotten Tomatoes it has a 94% ranking while most fan reviews of it put it at a 7 or so. I would agree with that.
Not the greatest, not the worst and a film that at least requires you to think a bit or else you can easily get lost.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Saw the trailer to this awhile ago, definitely caught my interest. Have been avoiding any info on it so I can watch it with as little pre judgement/expectations as possible.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Watched it about a month or so ago. Very strange movie but I did like it. The Lovecraftian influence was what got me to watch.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I thought it was better than Resolution, the first film that it overlaps with.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Watched for the second time tonight after reading your recommendation. I had the same feeling I had the first time. Puzzling movie. Very dry. Not really very satisfying as I had to think too much. Guess I am lazy. It was just okay to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Yeah, saw this couple months back, good concept but no cash to pull it off, acting sucked as well, lol

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Yup! Watched this a few weeks ago and loved it!

new topics

top topics

join