It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher Got That Right

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I know about him but I don't watch his show. I not even have HBO beause I don't want to pay for cable. My references of him comes from youtube videos mostly. This time he nailed and I'm glad I got the video.

“Not everything that merely alludes to another culture is racist or cultural appropriation,” Maher continued. “Halloween was always fun because it wasn’t PC. Not being PC was almost the whole point of the holiday, but now everything has to be turned into a federal case of snowflakes versus humor.”

The HBO host is one of the few liberals who has dared to risk the wrath of the social media mob by questioning the borderline totalitarian attacks on free speech and expression under the guise of cultural appropriation and racism and he hit the mark during this week’s episode of “Real Time With Bill Maher.”
Only Nixon could go to China and only Maher could call out the unhinged “Office Of Scolding Justice Warriors” over ruining the tradition of dressing up in costumes by imposing their intolerance on anyone wanting to just have fun and enjoy the holiday.

edit on 28-10-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

He keeps talking like that, hes going to get railroaded real soon.

Maybe some past sexual allegations?

Either way, a little bit of common sense will go a long way.....at his trial by "public opinion".

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

This is one of the rare occasions I actually agree with Maher.

Good on him!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Well, I mean he is stating the obvious. Let's see if he apologizes in the near future. Wont be the first time he caved to pressure and served whatever dignity he had left up on a platter to the screaming hordes.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I thought he was a stand-up comedian? Is anything he says serious?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Funny thing his stand up isnt bad because its just comedy. Probably stopped watching his weekly show instead of being sly and humorous and it turned angry and condescending. Likely around the dangling chad days lol,even then also stopped having HBO played a factor. He is absolutely on target here, its like you know when at a stand up act when a sensitive soul heckles when they get offended those people now walk through society barking at every minor personal infraction instead of shutting their pie holes.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Huge problem in the US.

People get their news from stand up comedians and talk show hosts and think it's actual news.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: Vector99

Well, I mean he is stating the obvious. Let's see if he apologizes in the near future. Wont be the first time he caved to pressure and served whatever dignity he had left up on a platter to the screaming hordes.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Maher probably lost his spine in the helicopter crash with Brian Williams.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Bill Maher tells it like it is, he is like a Foxnews host only more "liberal".

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

This is one of the rare occasions I actually agree with Maher.

Good on him!

Me too. That was actually funny.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Bill's old show was called "Politically Incorrect", so this is nothing new.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Very true.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yes but most often he goes after conservatives.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Of course. He despises Trump.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Of course. He despises Trump.

I agree with him on that. I even agree that an economic collapse that would negatively effect millions of innocent American lives would be fine as long as we got that damn trump out.

Cuz muh politcs.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Huge problem in the US.

People get their news from stand up comedians and talk show hosts and think it's actual news.

Hopefully not the people who have the energy and brains to continue making America even greater.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Well the freedom of speech crushing press loves Bill. Its not like he has been in an everlasting deep trench war with the masters of politically correct but no. They allow him to run lose.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Yes he does... But he also goes after and eviscerates social justice warriors. He also calls out political correctness all the time. For decades. His old show was called Politically Incorrect. He was booted off for being to controversial but came back and has been hammering all that he does not like since.

There is much about him I do not like. His ego needs to be fed constantly and he often will not tolerate opposing opinions. He had on the Mooch last week and kept cutting him off. But overall I appreciate his scathing humor.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Go trick-or-treating as Trump with a massive head wound. The left will applaud .

Go trick-or-treating as Elizabeth Warren with a feather in your hair. The left will be aghast .

It remind me of the normal narrative of the Bill Maher show. ( the man can say what he wants he’ still a fool)

This country is so angry commonsense is no longer a factor .

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: abe froman

Huge problem in the US.

Hopefully not the people who have the energy and brains to continue making America even greater.

So 1% of the country?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join