It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electoral Fraud Benefiting Ted Cruz in Texas

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's because the electronic voting business is crap. Why would a country not have open source and/or reviewable software.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I believe a representative from each candidate on the ballot or at least each party is present during voting hours.
Its true for presidential elections here in Virginia anyway. I didnt pay attention when we voted for Governor last November.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I am a software person. I vote using a paper ballot. It still doens't mean my vote is accounted for correctly.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I can't see how software could inadvertently, yet consistently, replace one name on a data list without some code telling it to do so, either randomly or every so many votes. If that's true, then this is a case of fraud, deliberately perpetrated by someone who wants Ted Cruz elected. Maybe they're not as smart you or as well connected to the core software you're referring to.

edit on 28-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ketsuko

If you are voting straight ticket, you wouldn't be voting for Beto O'Rourke. That's not voting straight ticket.

If you're voting "Straight Ticket" for Republicans, except that you want to vote for Beto, instead of Ted, because not all Republicans like Ted, you can manually change from Ted Cruz to Beto O'Rourke. But, some of the machines are kicking the Beto O'Rourke vote, that was deliberately and manually changed, to a "no one" vote.

By definition, that is not voting straight ticket though, and you never intended to vote straight ticket.

Again, stop being disingenuous. You can't be as thick as you make yourself out to be.
edit on 28-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I would hope so, leaving either side unchecked by the other could and would likely lead to systematic abuse.

Both sides would take advantage of something like that if they could.

I'm still not seeing fraud as claimed by the OP though. Maybe you could help explain that to them. Ante certainly doesn't want to.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I can't see how software could inadvertently, yet consistently, replace one name on a data list without some code telling it to do so, either randomly or every so many votes. If that's true, then this is a case of fraud, deliberately perpetrated by someone who wants Ted Cruz elected. Maybe they're not as smart you or as well connected to the core software you're referring to.

It's called a bug, and it's happening on both sides of the divide for anyone who votes straight ticket. The name flips from either O'Rourke to Cruz or Cruz to O'Rourke if certain conditions with the machine are replicated, usually done by the voter. Since this only occurs to those who are attempting to vote straight ticket, it is a glitch in the code.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I did indeed. Live and learn.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Unaccounted for action (inconsistent) of the program based on how the user interacts with it.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

By definition, that is not voting straight ticket though, and you never intended to vote straight ticket.

Yes, it is, by definition of the rules...

In Texas....
A voter, however, may vote a straight-party ticket and subsequently cast an individual vote in a particular race.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

It's called a bug

It's not a bug. Software doesn't accidently tell the computer to select an item from a data list and insert it in a separate data list.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Unaccounted for action (inconsistent) of the program based on how the user interacts with it.

I don't understand what you're saying. The only user interaction here is selecting "Straight Ticket" and then either Democrat or Republican.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I think this is just user error especially as a clerk is able to assist in correcting the "error".
Paper ballots. No hanging chads ( remember them?) no computer error, no oops we erased ten thousand votes by mistake.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

It's called a bug

It's not a bug. Software doesn't accidently tell the computer to select an item from a data list and insert it in a separate data list.

For instance, if the selection varies by how quickly a person uses the machine or moves through the selections then it most likely is.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

My guess is the machines have a glitch, and the poll workers know how to operate them properly.

Look, you either press the button, or you don't press the button. The user has no control over the list of candidates the computer throws up once the button has been pushed.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Yes, it is, by definition of the rules...

In Texas....
A voter, however, may vote a straight-party ticket and subsequently cast an individual vote in a particular race.

en.wikipedia.org...

I would like to point out what wikipedia says about using wikipedia as a reliable source

Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Wikipedia editors try their very hardest to maintain this site. Multiple measures, such as IP-bans and article protection, are used to prevent vandalism of this site and maintain its credibility. But Wikipedia can be edited by anyone at any time

wiki

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I can't see how this insertion of Ted Cruz' name has anything to do with speed.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

My guess is the machines have a glitch, and the poll workers know how to operate them properly.

Look, you either press the button, or you don't press the button. The user has no control over the list of candidates the computer throws up once the button has been pushed.

Hence my statement of computer glitch combined with user error. Your own OP source even has examples of people changing it manually themselves without any help.

You are just being willfully ignorant because it suits your purpose.

Even silly is calling this thread BS, and I gave her a star for the first time ever for it. That should tell you something.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I can't see how this insertion of Ted Cruz' name has anything to do with speed.

Fake picture ☝️

Clearly the problem is Russian interference !! 😎

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I'll ask you the same question I asked another poster. Why would Wikipedia contributors need to lie about the Straight Ticket voting process, and a voter option to manually change a pre-selected candidate? No on is complaining that doing so wiped out their votes and they had to start over.

They're complaining because the list displays the opposition's candidate instead of theirs. They're complaining because the list displays the wrong candidate. They're not complaining about Straight Ticket voting rules.

I would also ask you to provide evidence that this information is incorrect, other than one posters antidotal story.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join