It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electoral Fraud Benefiting Ted Cruz in Texas

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I was not aware that being too ignorant to take the time to know the issues was considered a poll test.

That's pretty much the very definition of it. Should only those educated on an issue be allowed to vote on it? If so, how educated do you need to be?

Or should anyone be allowed to vote on something regardless of their knowledge on the issue?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Semantic dispute.

You don't make the definitions nor do I. Let's just agree it's fraud.

A2D

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The state doesn't have the gut to to say do it. I would imagine it is part of the corrupt business in the state. These people have made good money. Time to suggest an audit and other checks being made of the business in the state. That usually gets some gears moving.

edit:

Another reason this should be open source.
edit on 10/29/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It says in your own thread this has been an issue for years, also this

Yep. This isn't new. They've been doing this for years. But, this is the first time Ted Cruz has really been challenged. Beto O'Rourke is a contender.
Beto is a contender for maybe mayor of Austin where everything is unTexas. Nowhere else.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

Semantic dispute.

You don't make the definitions nor do I. Let's just agree it's fraud.

A2D

Sure. But I can use the words correctly. When you want to make the claim that there's a fraud issue going on, it helps to correctly identify the type of fraud that's happening so that it can be fixed right?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

The state doesn't have the gut to to say do it. I would imagine it is part of the corrupt business in the state. These people have made good money. Time to suggest an audit and other checks being made of the business in the state. That usually gets some gears moving.

edit:

Another reason this should be open source.

I assume it's the business.

First, they're charging for every update to their product, even when withholding those updates is impacting the integrity of the election.

Second, it's proprietary closed source software that cannot be audited, and clearly wasn't built with the proper level of security in place.

Third, even when knowing about this issue they didn't speak up about it so their customers would be aware. They waited for users to discover and replicate it.

Unlike most people, I'm actually a huge supporter of electronic voting. However, it needs to be done properly which means it needs a proper degree of security, it needs to be open source, and it needs to offer something extra to the process that a simple pen and paper do not offer. What's going on in Texas right now offers none of that.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

But you're not in fact using the words correctly because it's still an open semantics debate.

No one has definitively stated the definition of voter fraud. You made one up. Here is a different one:

Voter fraud is illegal interference with the process of an election.

A2D

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

The electronic voting system is a joke. The people deserve better. Where I live it's a friends and family setup with much of government.

I don't expect anything better for decades though.

edit on 10/29/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
They need to outlaw political parties and go back to paper ballots and Real ID added - I can wait a few days to find out who won.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

We have paper ballots which are read by computers.

Is that ok?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Is that ok?

It's open to the same security holes as purely electronic voting, but people tend to be more accepting of it. If you computerize any part of the process it's as vulnerable to attack as a fully computerized process.

There's a lot of speculation that this very thing was widespread in 2004, and was later successfully reproduced. It's unknown if it's still going on.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Is that ok?

The paper can be recounted by a person.

Purposeful fraud is more likely in the gathering of all the votes and reporting.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Is that ok?

The paper can be recounted by a person.

Purposeful fraud is more likely in the gathering of all the votes and reporting.

Triggering hand recounts is rare though. 99 times out of 100, manipulating the computers will successfully manipulate the vote. Yes, there's a paper trail for a potential hand recount but they're not done without good reason.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Sure. That is what is counted upon in all of this.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join