It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electoral Fraud Benefiting Ted Cruz in Texas

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I agree. When I first read about it, I thought, that's a cool option. But, the more I think about it, and read people's concerns about it, I agree. The straight party voting option has too many down sides to it.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Now that might be the first intelligent thing you've said in this thread.

How hard is it to mark all your own choices? Sure, they may all end up being for one party, but how long does it take you? If you're willing to stand in line for up to 30 minutes to have the privilege of personally filling in that ballot, you may as well take your time over it.

Of course, I still vote with a pencil in my district and have to painfully fill in all those ovals. Oooo ... Eeeee ... Ahhh! The indignity of low tech! Of course, if the oval shows the wrong name, I know that's on me.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: network dude

LOL, there is no such thing as "voter fraud", if there was any instances of it, it's completely minor and inconsequential. Time to find something real to worry about.

Disingenuous much?

Why are you conflating voter fraud and vote flipping?

(Sorry, I was too lazy to look back and find a slew of democrats to quote, but I think you may get the point.)

Well I'm not too lazy to find threads where Republicans are losing their # about vote flipping/switching by election machines.

This one is from almost exactly two years ago today (October 26, 2016) and is about machines in Texas:

BREAKING: Early Voters Report Voting Machine Manipulation In Texas!

Here's another one from election day 2016:

Some Trump Voters Reporting Ballots Switching To Clinton

And here's a rare thread from SO, from the 2014 cycle:

Voting machines changing Republican vote to Democrat vote in Virginia...

I never saw any evidence pointing to intentional manipulation but boy oh boy did right-wing posters.

It's called a joke. Look into it.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Texas voting machines changing some straight-party selections abc13.com...

Texas voting machines flip Senate vote on straight Dem ticket to Cruz; Secty of State blames voters www.dailykos.com... s?detail=emaildkre

So, Texas has a system where voters can select "Straight Party" and all the candidates running on their selected ticket come up, and all voters have to do "Confirm", instead of going through the all the contests and look for their party. Nice! Convenient! I like it!

Except, Democrats are reporting that Republican candidate, Ted Cruz comes up when they select "Straight Party" instead of Democratic candidate Beto O'Rourke. Some have reported that they tried to manually change it, up to three times, and couldn't! Some Republicans who wanted to manually change their "Straight Party" to deselect Ted Cruz and vote for Beto O'Rourke, but the screen kept showing "No one" selected!

Mickey Blake was one of the voters in those early voting lines in Houston earlier this week.

"I hit straight Democratic ticket," Blake said.

She says she expected all Democrats to come up on her screen, especially Rep. Beto O'Rourke, but when she got to the last screen to review her choices, she noticed a problem.

"It's all Democratic except for Ted Cruz was checked," Blake said.

So she backed up and did it again. And again.

"I tried it a third time and the same thing happened," she said.

But it's not just a Democrat problem. Voters who select straight-party Republican unselect Sen. Cruz and wind up voting for no one.

Leah McElrath
@leahmcelrath
· Oct 25, 2018

Replying to @leahmcelrath
This took place at the West Gray Multiservice Center in Houston, Harris County, on Monday, October 22nd.

The ONLY vote affected was the #TXSen vote for @BetoORourke.

I visually double checked my other selections on the respective pages and review page.

4/x#Houston#TexasVotes

Leah McElrath
@leahmcelrath

HOUSTON TEXAS VOTERS

DOUBLE CHECK BALLOTS

Leah McElrath
@leahmcelrath
· Oct 25, 2018

Dear @TXCivilRights -

I was one of these people.

I have not previously discussed it with anyone because I didn’t want to sound an alarm until I knew whether or not this was a pattern.

I will detail what I experienced, along with a photo, in this short thread.

1/x#TXSen

Either way, officials say it's a rare issue that happens, but not to everyone.

It's popped up across Texas often enough for the Secretary of State to put up a statewide advisory on Monday to every Texas election advisor.

The Secretary of State calls it 'operator error.'

Oh! Okay then, that settles it! It's the voter's fault! Glad to see the Secretary of the State of Texas is on it!

Or not...

"We've heard from voters over a number of elections about this," said Ft. Bend County Election Administrator John Oldham.

Oldham says it's a problem he's seen for years.

He even told the Secretary of State about it years ago and it's still happening.

"It's not a glitch, it's a user-induced problem that comes from the type of system that we have," Oldham said. "I think both sides could be equally hurt."

Sam Taylor, at the Texas Secretary of State's office, tells 13 Investigates the problem is "user error" and not something their office could fix. Taylor suggests a vendor could or should handle any upgrades, but the state has not asked vendors to do so.

This is BS! It's not a glitch when only one race is affected, and only one party benefits! This is pathetic! Slimey Ted Cruz is slimey!

This is all fake news.

Liberals, the left and the MSM have all made it perfectly clear that any mention of voter fraud is a delusional right wing fantasy.

And I believe them!!!!

Like I said, your whole post is fake news since voter fraud is impossible.

I'm pretty sure that i could find previous posts of yours saying exactly that. In fact, I know for certain that I can.

Stop peddling fake news.

Also I would like to ask you to stop attacking Ted Cruz. Your hatred for minorities will NOT be tolerated.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Also I would like to ask you to stop attacking Ted Cruz.

You're going to hold me to a higher standard than Donald Trump? LOL

Your hatred for minorities will NOT be tolerated.

NOW you wanna flash the "decency" card? LOL Swamp creature, Ted Cruz, doesn't represent minorities.

This is all fake news.

If that's true, then why are representatives of the election commission and the Secretary of State acknowledging the problem?

"FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS!" What an ignorant and trite deflection from a real voter issue.
edit on 29-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Just goes to show you that sometimes ATS posts can change a person's mind.

But, I still think this is a case of (electoral) fraud.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

So maybe now you can get on board with fixing voting problems.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I hate electronic voting machines--too easy to have problems/glitches.

That said, from your ABC local source:

Oldham tells us he recalls the problems for at least six years and says he's talked to the Secretary of State more than once about the problem. It has not been fixed aside from signs provided by the Secretary of State to warn voters to check their selections.

Oldham also said he was able to replicate the issue in his offices after multiple attempts.

Oldham in Fort Bend County told us it is most likely caused by voters simultaneously twisting the selection dial and pushing the enter button. It may not even be purposeful, but done by voters in a rush who don't realize they are still interacting with both.

So, we have an actual election official who has noted "the problems" (I don't know what that encompases overall) have been occurring for "at least six years" and then offers a "most-likely" reason as to why it is occurring.

But you come at us with the Daily Kos vomiting out implications that it could be intentional election tampering.

You silly goose.

At the end of the DailyKos article (which in it links to the likes of ProPublica, Politico, and TheDailyBeast...yikes), they feel a need to say this:

Let Texas voters know to double-check their ballot before they press the red Cast button!

If you are voting and you didn't already do this or know to do this, shame on you. EVERY electronic machine that I have ever used lets you review your votes before casting them.

The Sec. of State is correct--if people are submitting incorrect votes, that's on them, BUT it is inexcusable that upgrades haven't been made IF they are necessary.

Also, and this is the most important: Straight-party voting is some lazy-ass sh*t.

ETA: Glad to see that you have come around to disliking straight-party voting

edit on 29-10-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I don't know what "operator error" they might be referring to but similar issues in recent cycles looked to be miscalibrated touchscreens.

I know, I know, it didn't stop Republicans from claiming there was a sinister plot to flip votes in the past but somebody has to keep the torch of sanity burning in the era of the Infowars President.

This is an issue with the software rather than the hardware. Basically, their software is poorly written, if you vote party ticket, and then click next through the screen without waiting for about 30 seconds for the machine to load everything into memory, it defaults the vote to the first candidate, which is party line Republican.

If you are aware of the issue, you can hit the button, wait a while (with no visual on screen indicator of anything going on), and then click through and it will work correctly.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Mahogany

There are always stories like this. Often, there are stories about how it's a Republican name changing to Democrat on the ballot. This time it goes the other way and you guys flip your lid. When the story is reversed, you suddenly claim voter fraud.

Either it exists or it does not. Which is it?

That would be election fraud which does exist. Voter fraud is impersonating voters, election fraud is changing the rules/votes in the election.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

It is if they're so poorly informed that they don't know this is a known issue for all straight ticket voters, regardless of affialiation, statewide.

Are you suggesting that we should gatekeep elections and require voters to be informed in order to cast a ballot like some sort of poll test?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Ooh. Can I make up the next definition?

A2D

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

It is if they're so poorly informed that they don't know this is a known issue for all straight ticket voters, regardless of affialiation, statewide.

Are you suggesting that we should gatekeep elections and require voters to be informed in order to cast a ballot like some sort of poll test?

I was not aware that being too ignorant to take the time to know the issues was considered a poll test.

Are you suggesting that there ought to be people who go into your ballot booth with you to hold your hand, explain very carefully to you how you should vote ... it's the only way to be sure?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

During voting for the 2018 Texas general election, an Election Advisory was issued by the Director of Elections, Keith Ingram.

Voters using the InterCivic eSlate voting machine could have their votes adjusted or flipped while on a summary page if the buttons were interacted with if the page was not fully rendered

The Texas Secretary of State is saying it is not a flaw. i suppose that make it a feature of the Hart eSlate. Random voting.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I went to early voting today and used a paper ballot.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

Just to clarify... are you saying voter fraud is a problem and should be investigated?

A2D

This is election fraud, not voter fraud. Election fraud is a rampant and pervasive problem in the US. It should be investigated, and has been in the past, showing numerous instances of it happening. Voter fraud has been investigated too and has not found any substantial evidence of it happening. In fact, the logistics of voter fraud make it virtually impossible to carry out. Election fraud on the other hand has much more impactful results, and is much easier to pull off.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker
If a voter is too stupid to check the ballot before casting or too impatient to let the machine work and load, it is a voter problem. Especially with all the news coverage about checking the ballot before you hit "cast".

No. That is a software error. I think the conclusion as to if it was intentional or not is a pretty open question, but I don't believe it to be the fault of the Texas Board of Elections, or the fault of the user. This is 100% on the company who built the software.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Hopefully some voting officials will document this so it can be investigated. This is a good reason to have the software reviewed.

From looking into this for a few days, it sounds like what's happening on a technical level is that there's a list of candidates, Cruz is index 0, Beto is 1 and if you cycle through it too quickly, the index recorded is reduced by 1 so Cruz becomes -1 for null and Beto becomes 0.

It seems that this was a known issue, but the vendor wanted a certain amount of money to issue a fix. Texas said no, and used it as is. Their machines are currently several years behind the latest versions of the software because the state isn't willing to pay to fix them.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
The fact that a straight ticket option is available says a lot about the electorate doesn't it? Remove the R and D from the names, make people actually educate themselves on who they're voting for.

Does that educate people, or does it just change the nature of campaigning so that success equals whoever has the most popular name?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: Aazadan

Ooh. Can I make up the next definition?

A2D

These aren't made up definitions.

Voter fraud refers to defrauding individual voters. It happens on an individual level. Impersonation, voting multiple times, illegal voting, and coerced votes are examples of thigns that fall under this category. That is not what is going on.

Election fraud refers to defrauding the election. Changing vote counts, violating election rules, manipulating voting machines, discarding ballots, and so on.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join