It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are energy drinks healthier than soda because of the B vitamins they contain?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Claymation213

They are loaded with preservatives, my former boss used to get them for free, I drunk a few at work, they "expired" six months prior but still tasted "fresh", so that should serve as a warning.

If you want my advice, stay away from them, go to your doctor and get a B12 shot and have a morning coffee, trust me you'll be bouncing of the walls like a hyperactive child. Energy drinks are never the answer.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Don't know about the aluminum can thing.

But I do know the B6 thing is true because my wife had to see a neurologist for some issues with she was having with her hands and face and she was prescribed huge dose regimens of B12. When we talked to the Neurologist, he was very clear about B6 and B12, and why not to confuse the two. He actually specifically cited energy drinks as an area where people get confused on this. They see it's got Vitamin B, but can't remember which one so they think it's okay.

After this we went and looked at some cans just to see. There were huge amounts of each, usually 500-1000% more than daily recommended doses in each one. The B6 was usually about half the B12, but it was still in the 500% range.

Not good.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
No. Empty calories and chemicals don't make for a healthy anything.
If your eating a well balanced diet you'll be getting enough vitamins, including B's that you need. Any extra are just running through your liver and you're peeing them out.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Claymation213

Are energy drinks healthier than soda because of the B vitamins they contain?

It´s all about the ingredients and how much you consume every day. Do you drink 1 Red-Bull / Day ? or 8 Cans/Day ? Here are some links that might help you.

1. Energy Drink Side Effects

a.)More than 35mg of Niacin (B3) can cause flushing of the skin. Intake of 3000mg or more can result in liver toxicity. The British Journal of Medicine recently published a case study of a man who consumed about 5 energy drinks a day for a period of three weeks. This caused toxic levels of niacin to build up in his body, leading to nonviral hepatitis. The unidentified energy drink in question supplied 200% of the RDA of B3.

b.)More than 100mg of B6 can cause sensory nerve problems (burning sensation) or skin lesions.

2. Sugar Free Energy Drinks List

As you see above, most sugar free energy drinks use the standard artificial sweeteners with the exception being Guru who is marketing some natural low calorie sweeteners. Sucralose a.k.a.

More info on Sucralose

3. Death by Red Bull

If you worry about your Vitamins, then i will suggest you to include Vitamin Pills in your Nutrition. I would also recommend you to drink Tea if you want caffeine and you do not drink coffee. Keep in mind that although there is caffeine in green tea, it contains less caffeine than black tea, and in turn black tea has a lot less caffeine than coffee. So if you're looking to reduce your caffeine intake (but not eliminate it completely) green tea is a good choice.

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I recommend you to start eating fruits.

Eat any fruit you like daily.

Try avoid packed drinks.

Health experts recommends the same.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: fightzone58
its healthier than crystal meth. thats the best i can do

Yeah probably... even if your just sprinkling it into you beer for an extra kick.

Fact is though, you can buy sugar free redbull... its like 7 calories a can, so that whole 'to much sugar" argument holds no weight... Also, a can of redbull contains about 80mg of caffeine, which is less caffeine than the average good quality cup of coffee.

So yeah, I think the whole negative perception of energy drinks is majorly over rated... Plus, I think the b vitamins and taurine (in the case of red bull) does make it a more healthier choice than regular soft drinks.

No, sugar is better for you than aspartame. Reality is any soda like that out of a can is bad for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join