It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are energy drinks healthier than soda because of the B vitamins they contain?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I'd like to know how energy drinks are on health. Are they good on health? Or are they bad on health? And is the load of B vitamins in them what makes them worth getting rather than, say, soda?

I like energy drinks. Why? They tastes darn good! And the energy enhancement within your body you immediately notice.

I usually drink the small cans of Red Bull. I get the 24 pack usually.

Is there actually a down side to drinking energy drinks like Red Bull? Let me know anything you know on energy drinks, because I am interested in learning more about energy drinks.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Claymation213
Energy drinks are bad for your stomach. Besides all the sugar and coffein, you´re overloading your system with all those vitamins if you drink them regulary.

Just look at the backside of some of those, with a small can you get like 300% of your daily recommended average dose.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

why are you drinking redbull ??? - its` a serious question

also - how much are you drinking [ cans // day ] ?

you SHOULD get all the " B " group vitamins from a normal healthy diet - if you dont - then see a doctor -

energy drinks - have thier uses - i carry one around almost all the time

but its for emergencies only - i has water as the 1st response to prevent dehydration

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

This is actually a great question!

It turns out, the answer is both, and neither.

Specifically as it relates to Vitamin B (your question), some Vitamin B is good for you in large doses, and some Vitamin B is BAD for you in large doses. Energy drinks have BOTH, and in huge doses.

Vitamin B6 in large doses can cause irreversible neuropathy and neurological problems which include chronic pain and difficulty walking.

Vitamin B12, on the other hand, has no known significant toxicity in large doses.

It's rather ironic that some neurological disorders are actually treated with Vitamin B, but of the B12 variety. People get B12 and B6 confused all the time, so they see both and think it's a good thing. It's NOT!

B6 is in there because it gives you energy...but at a cost/risk.

Bottom line...Energy drinks are bad for you, just about any way you slice them.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I been wondering how much b-vitamins is okay.

I've been trying to cut down on energy drinks by taking one b-vitamin pill and then drink coffee or tea for caffeine. However, those vitamins have tons of b-vitamins in it.

A lot of those energy drinks use unnatural compounds to make it taste good.

If you eat healthy and exercise, an energy drink here and there probably isn't bad.

I do wonder about the b vitamins though.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Anything with that much sugar is bad for you.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
its healthier than crystal meth. thats the best i can do

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Short answer no.

Long answer noooo.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Don't drink anything with artificial colors....TPTB have devised methods of countering high doses of good vitamins....the ingredients in the crap they put in our foods breaks down and reacts negatively with the good vitamins...so if we hit ourselves with high doses of good vitamins which should help us.....the TROJAN HORSE chemicals they have assaulted us with will actually make us sick....so not only will we be sick but we will lose faith.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
How the heck did we even live this long as a species? We never had all of these separated vitamins available to us in the past, but here we are. We are not really living any longer, the average age studies in the past were heavily skewed lower due to infant mortality and early death.

Maybe our bodies can produce all of the nutrients necessary for survival. Simply clean up your diet and let your body do its job. Start eating clean. If you don't recognize elements on the ingredient label, stay away from it. How do those ingredient labels look on energy drinks?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Best way to replace those energy drinks is a strawberry and blueberry smoothie with wheat grass powder.

My wife does it for me all the time, she also adds green apple and banana. All organic if can.

edit on 28-10-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
its not entirly bad if u drink the recomended amount ... ever see someome dump out the other half a can

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Energy drinks are healthier?
It should read, energy drinks not quite as bad for you.

Still bad though..

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: fightzone58
its healthier than crystal meth. thats the best i can do

Yeah probably... even if your just sprinkling it into you beer for an extra kick.

Fact is though, you can buy sugar free redbull... its like 7 calories a can, so that whole 'to much sugar" argument holds no weight... Also, a can of redbull contains about 80mg of caffeine, which is less caffeine than the average good quality cup of coffee.

So yeah, I think the whole negative perception of energy drinks is majorly over rated... Plus, I think the b vitamins and taurine (in the case of red bull) does make it a more healthier choice than regular soft drinks.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just read, but still don't know after all these years how to imbed, that our military conducted a test that apparently energy drinks are causing PTSD. So, yeah, no, energy drinks are not good.

It's just a fad based on PR that they are healthy. My pro football player brother-in-law who lives to work out swears by them but I just tell him to drink water.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I had massive problems with Monster (drank them for longer drives), those gave my gallbladder a cause to excrete a gall stone which was very painful.

Neither soda nor energy drinks are healthy!
Vitamin B, you are concerned about? Eat an apple or some real fruits with real vitamins in it.

Fascinating what kind of crap marketing can achieve - thinking that some colored and super-sugared flavor water could be a "healthy alternative"... Think about that, just for a moment!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Vitamin B, you are concerned about? Eat an apple or some real fruits with real vitamins in it.

Or even just some Vegemite toast...

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Most people drink energy drinks because they are stronger than coffee or tea with caffeine.

Let's face it...we need the caffeine with pushing long hours or are tired from over work.

So in excess energy drinks are no good (but they taste good...well some taste like sh*t)

I drink about 1 a day with my line of tree work I do. I know it is not good for me but it gives me the focus and energy I need as most days I work at least 10 hrs...7 of it being physical...and I just got off 14 days straight of work and no weekends

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Vitamin B6 in large doses can cause irreversible neuropathy and neurological problems which include chronic pain and difficulty walking.

Not sure if true or not but regular exposure to aluminum cans can also lead to neuro problems including Alzheimer's. Is this true?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

no they are not healthy. Waaaaaaaayyyyy to much sugar. The average american consumer 300% more sugar on a daily basis than necessary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join