It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Backed Forces Strike, US Forces Return Fire

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This little incident went unnoticed by me I admit. I have been slacking, it happened last week. US Forces have been parked in Manbij since Turkey threatened to overrun it and other frontier zones of Rojava up to the Iraqi border after they snagged Afrin. They have also been paying a toll with weekly to sometimes near daily assassinations of their military officers by international volunteers of the Peoples Defensive Units of Rojava in the Afrin Canton NW of Aleppo.

So recently Turkish backed militias under the FSA umbrella fired upon US forces in Manbij last Tuesday, and of course our guys returned fire. Coalition spokesmen played down the incident as a mere skirmish, which as we can see is fairly accurate. This time it was fairly innocent. Next time could require close air support to safely end the threat. If those shells land on the Turkish side, well then so be it. The Syrian Kurdish journalist Hosheng Hesen posted a video of the skirmish on his Twitter account.

Erdogan continues to threaten us, we must expel Turkey from NATO ASAP. Let Biden and the Democrats figure out what happens to Ukraine once the Bosporus straits are closed. Turkey has chosen Russia and so has Germany. Its WW1 all over again.

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan told provincial leaders of his party, AKP, in Ankara on Friday.

“Now it is time to eliminate the terrorist hotbeds east of the Euphrates and to make those places livable for our Syrian brothers and sisters, who are the true owners of the region,” he declared, adding that the issue of Manbij will “sooner or later” be resolved to suit Ankara’s wishes.

US and Manbij official have stressed that Turkish forces will not enter the city.

The YPG, under the banner of the SDF, are leading the war against ISIS in coordination with the US-led coalition in northern Syria.

A spokesperson for the YPG said that Turkey always renews it threats against the Kurds when ISIS comes under threat on the battlefield, pointing to Turkey’s military offensive in Afrin that distracted from the battle with ISIS in Deir ez-Zor province.

“Today, again… after we started the campaign to eradicate Daesh [ISIS] totally, again threats by the president of Turkey on Manbij and northern Syria come forth again,” Nuri Mahmud told Rudaw earlier this month.

He claimed this revealed Turkish support for ISIS: “Without a doubt, this shows their direct relations with Daesh are good and strong.”

He insisted that the world knows the YPG no longer has a presence in Manbij, having withdrawn all their forces earlier this year.

"It is a fact that the people of Manbij from now on, whether the military council or civil council, can administer itself on its own… The coalition and the world know well that none of our forces as the YPG are there.”

This is the kind of stuff we should be eyeing with caution. Turkey is itching for a fight, and is more aligned with Iran and Russia than with NATO. This is a national security issue for all the EU nations. Be careful of Turkey, they may soon stab you in the back as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Under Erdogan Turkey is moving towards all the directions but those of Western preference. That in itself should be a signal to worry about.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Erdogan continues to threaten us, we must expel Turkey from NATO ASAP. Let Biden and the Democrats figure out what happens to Ukraine once the Bosporus straits are closed. Turkey has chosen Russia and so has Germany. Its WW1 all over again.

Remind me whose backyard the US is in? Turkey seems pretty close to Syria.

When Russia supported Cuba in the 60's all hell broke loose in the US.

Oh thats right the US is concerned with "humanitarian efforts" LOL

"Yankee go home"

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

im from the us and i sort of agree with you. my coumtry has been sticking our nose in other peoples wars since 1950. korea,vietnam,ukraine, and all over the middle east. i say as long as your dogs dont poop in my yard, they can poop wherever they want

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Turkey has been very consistent.The Turks will simply not tolerate what they see as the threat posed by an autonomous Kurdish zone on their southern frontier. And they are clearly willing to use significant force to remove it. This isn't new the Turks have a major problem with Kurds on their country.

This is an uncomfortable position for Washington: its Nato ally Turkey engaged in fierce combat with its main ally in Syria, the Kurds. Obama decided to help the Kurds fight Isis but keep in mind this isnt their only motivation. The Kurds also want to take southern Turkey as they claim it is there's.

We sided with the Kurds because they were the only effective fighting force against ISIL. Now that they are mostly gone the fighting for syria begins anew.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Under Erdogan Turkey is moving towards all the directions but those of Western preference. That in itself should be a signal to worry about.

Oh right you mean like killing people in the street vigilante style that are accused of drug dealing or even using as it turns out, yep nothing much in the way of western values there, not to mention all the other statistics.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: fightzone58

im from the us and i sort of agree with you. my coumtry has been sticking our nose in other peoples wars since 1950. korea,vietnam,ukraine, and all over the middle east. i say as long as your dogs dont poop in my yard, they can poop wherever they want

That seems fair enough to a degree but only in theory, if the us wasn't standing up for and risking their lifes for freedom or as you put it "sticking their noses in other people's war", you wouldn't have a back yard by now or the freedom to be posting your opinion.

Prevention is better than cure, especially in matters of human existance and prosperity.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: fightzone58

Yes, we have been helping save lives and working for the people suffering there. Should we not protect people when asked by them to be protected or saved from Tyranny ? Just because one side is evil and destroys innocent families doesn't mean we ignore aid to the downtrodden.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Fear mongering, again mate?

Its WW1 all over again.

Remember it well do you?

So recently Turkish backed militias under the FSA umbrella fired upon US forces in Manbij last Tuesday, and of course our guys returned fire.

Your guys? In essence, they actually work for US corporations

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
“It’s a great honor and privilege — because he’s become a friend of mine — to introduce President Erdogan of Turkey,”

'Except for Erdogan over here. He does things the right way,'

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The Kurds seem to deserve a country. I remember a few years ago a woman Kurdish officer(or other rank) was captured by turkey military, tortured, and paraded through the streets as some sick mutilated trophy.

Not a fan of turkey since, wish I had time to follow Middle East events more.

I don't think deadly skirmishes will start ww3. Russia isn't dumb enough to start Armageddon over some ME country.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

If it was that simple. Everything seems to apart of a geopolitical game. Our presence in the Middle East probably angers more than it protects.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Remind me whose backyard the US is in? Turkey seems pretty close to Syria.

When Russia supported Cuba in the 60's all hell broke loose in the US.

Oh thats right the US is concerned with "humanitarian efforts" LOL

"Yankee go home"

Cool. Maybe we should've left Nazi Germany alone. After all, they never set foot on American soil.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23902556]Justoneman

no one is going in my backyard cuz i live in florida. the law says i have a right to defend it from any enemy. foreign or domestic. ukraine was all fake. the people of crimea voted to go back to russian control. ukraine refused to allow them their choice so russia stepped in
edit on 28-10-2018 by fightzone58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Turkey insists on murdering Kurds and undermining efforts to fight ISIS.

They should be kicked out of NATO and economic sanctions pressed upon them severely until they collapse.

Erdogan regime is murderous and tyrannical.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ALSTA

from 1776-1950 we were never invaded by anyone. they sure take their time attacking us for no reason. lets see how long it takes while we continue to provoke it

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

If it was that simple. Everything seems to apart of a geopolitical game. Our presence in the Middle East probably angers more than it protects.

So we anger people for saving other from tyranny and have to leave? I think not. We must help those who can't help themselves from tyrants. Freedom is not cheap and the alternative is slavery.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: blueman12

So we anger people for saving other from tyranny and have to leave? I think not. We must help those who can't help themselves from tyrants. Freedom is not cheap and the alternative is slavery.

After Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and countless others, you must have rocks in your head if you still truly believe that crap

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Yea, that is my point
. We are often seen as tyrannical as their dictators or regime. This is the American Empire. We are often not considered the good guys.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join