It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gab.com getting deplatformed: stripe, paypal, joyent...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Wasn’t all recent bombers and shooters on Facebook ?

Why haven’t they been deplatformed ?

Is this a joke? WTF is going on

Ohh ok... so this is how the CIA get access, Gab.com will be up working again in no time under full control of the globalist elites playbook

Facebook doesn't promote people who call mass shooters and terrorists heroes. Gab says the only thing the MAGA shooter did wrong, is that he let himself get caught before killing more Jews.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Did you just place conspiracy theories and race baiting / toxic nonsense on the same level

Is this a serious question. LOL.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

They have been shut down completely.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Gab will come back. There are other hosters you know that right?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Here is the least from gab itself. And you know what? Gab is right on point, what these Mainstream News Media outlets is clearly suppressing the opposition or any voices that are agaisnt their official narratives.
gab.com...

It doesn’t matter what you write. It doesn’t matter what the sophist talking heads say on TV. It doesn’t matter what verified nobodies say on Twitter. We have plenty of options, resources, and support. We will exercise every possible avenue to keep Gab online and defend free speech and individual liberty for all people. You have all just made Gab a nationally recognized brand as the home of free speech online at a time when Silicon Valley is stifling political speech they disagree with to interfere in a US election. The internet is not reality. TV is not reality. 80% of normal everyday people agree with Gab and support free expression and liberty. The online outrage mob and mainstream media spin machine are the minority opinion. People are waking up, so please keep pointing the finger at a social network instead of pointing the finger at the alleged shooter who holds sole responsibility for his actions. No-platform us all you want. Ban us all you want. Smear us all you want. You can’t stop an idea.

The best part is at the top. And they are right with it. Gab is a threat to the MSM,Elites.

We are the most censored, smeared, and no-platformed startup in history, which means we are a threat to the media and to the Silicon Valley Oligarchy.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

** Gab is a popular gathering place for alt-right activists and white nationalists whose views are unwelcome or banned on other social media platforms. Early members included the right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and Andrew Anglin, the founder of the neo-Nazi Daily Stormer website. Other well known users have included controversial media personalities Alex Jones and Carl Benjamin.

Aww its too bad that no one wants to put up with your bull# any longer.

Want a payment gateway? No one has to service you, either make one or stop being a bigot. Easy.
Want to host a website for bigots? Buy the hardware and do so, you're not entitled to use someone else's platform to spread your bigotry.

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: loam
Censorship is the tool of cowards and tyrants.
You fight speech with speech, not silence.

I'm all for your free speech, but don't expect me to maintain a platform for you to spread bigotry. Do it yourself.

I bolded the important parts for emphasis. That right there, folks, is how you keep your platform online when everyone else recoils. DIY.

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

You mean like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter?

Such hypocrites.

How do you suggest they work around the domain registration issue?

As has been pointed out, another DIY fix. And if they don't want to bother DIYing the domain registration themselves, they can look abroad and see if there's any takers elsewhere.

Seriously, so long as you can host internationally or do the whole shebang yourself, there is no such thing as being silenced in this era. If that were the case, the Deep Web should be a very prominent example of pin-drop silence and lack of activity.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Just curious, where did Gab say that?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: loam

Yes it feels like we are on the precipice of something major.

Jesus Christ, this isn't rocket science, just try and act like a civilized person, and not like an enraged lunatic.....

Well that made no sense at all, did you forget to take your meds?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

They can do it without backlash because the fake news media is all in on this and the PC NPC patrol attacks anyone labeling them a racist nazi if they disagree.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck..
racists and Nazis should be called out for what they are.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
First they came for the Gay Conservative(Milo), and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Gay Conservative

Then they came for the Crazy Conservative(Alex), and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Crazy Conservative

Then they came for Gab.com, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not member of that website

Then they came for us at ATS—and there was no one left to speak to.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

So...you advocate for forcing a business deal to be made/kept when the provider doesn't want to do/keep doing the deal with the client?

A bit on the authoritarian side there.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Just because someone post on a platform does not mean the platform condones the asinine opinions that are sometimes expressed. GAB to my knowledge has policies against hate, violence, but just as other platforms have struggled to actually define what is or what's not hate speech, they have also run into the same wall.

The recent suspect in the bombs sent to the media and Democratic leaders used Twitter. Should Twitter be blamed ? Should Twitter be deplatformed and stripped of payment processing ? Someone asked in this thread about payment firms being able to deny services to those they disagree with, many have already denied services to gun manufacturing companies. sellers of weapons.

They are private companies, but they do receive and benefit from tax payer services that keep them in business. Security is provided to these companies with Federal funds, as protecting financial services is a National concern. I see these companies more as public services, public utilities if you will. They are already subject to regulations, it appears they need more over sight since they weapons their services to disrupt legitimate business.

If it's legal, then a denial of service should not be allowed. It works both ways as I don't believe anyone should be denied a public service which is regulated and funded on a National level. Otherwise it's going to be a very ugly world to live in and even more dangerous

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

The logical solution would be to start a new payment company and sidestep the others, instead of trying to implement force.

Kinda like how Bitcoin came about.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

So...you advocate for forcing a business deal to be made/kept when the provider doesn't want to do/keep doing the deal with the client?

Wow, you really missed the TRENDING point didn't you, even the alt-leftist Trump hating liberal Bill Maher gets it, I am sorry you can't see a real threat to the 1st amendment rights in the social media tech driven 21st century.

edit on 29-10-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Wow, you really missed the TRENDING point didn't you, even the alt-leftist Trump hating liberal Bill Maher gets it, I am sorry you can't see a real threat to the 1st amendment right in the technology driven 21st century.

I don't care to listen to Maher babble. Was a written summary too much to ask for?

And I don't see a "threat" in an era where digital currency cropped up as an alternative to cash, no. There are ways to diverge from the norm and carry on. FFS, Stormfront is still online. If THEY can do it, anyone can.
edit on 10/29/2018 by Nyiah because: Typo.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Just curious, where did Gab say that?

Some of their threads earlier.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Except they find doves and report them as ducks. Gay men and men with black wives aren't homophobic white power racists .. until the media calls them as such.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I am looking for a link or something rather than a claim.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

That's the price you pay to run a community that claims to be free of censorship. They cater to and invite communities that are too offensive to find a home anywhere else on the internet. That's literally the entire point of the platform.

If you don't want to accept responsibility for fostering those types of communities, then don't do it.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sorry, I refuse to link to their website.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join