It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gab.com getting deplatformed: stripe, paypal, joyent...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Nyiah

Who are all of these people against anti-trust rules again?

Yawn.

So refusal to do business is price-fixing? Mega-mergers? Intending a monopoly? Wow, that no-gay-cakes cake shop was big-time, then, huh?

Someone with a deeper understanding of Anti-Trust and no butthurt slant (I.E not you) would do well to explain how this falls under that one.

In terms of every day business, like the no-gay-cakes folks (yes, they're an overused example, but a solid one) anyone who doesn't want to do business with someone they disagree with is within their rights. So sayeth supporters of that when a pizza shop followed the example. And a bodunk restaurant caught blowback for kicking out Sarah Sanders.

NOW all of a sudden you're concerned about a business grappling with blowback. Charming. Transparent as hell, but charming.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

a reply to: angeldoll

Except that isn't true. There is no question similar hatred is routinely spewed on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

They remain. Why?

Aren't the others committed to working on it? They have done a good bit of clearing out, or so they say.

Plus,they have a wide diversity of topics. My goodness, I adore YouTube. Closing it would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Apparently Gab was nothing but bathwater. Rancid filthy bathwater. There was no baby.

I haven't been to Gab, but apparently they only promoted the hate and fear which led to one agenda. People were being radicalized there.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
......Apparently.....

I haven't been to Gab......but apparently......

And it doesn't bother you in the least that you are only relying upon the representations of others, and not your own direct judgement, before an entire free speech platform is silenced?

That's really disappointing.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It seems as if someone in the silicon valley wanted Gab out of their way. I still that shooting as a false flag agaisnt Gab as such. What better way to accuse your competition of murder? etc?

Yet somehow Twitter and Facaebook both get a Green Pass even after they all live streamed rapes,murders.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: loam

Yes it feels like we are on the precipice of something major.

Jesus Christ, this isn't rocket science, just try and act like a civilized person, and not like an enraged lunatic.....

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Them whiney little Npc's have been going after GABs payment processers long before this! They did the same thing to Alex Jones. Just remember the whiny little bitches the next time you see them say, "Well if you don't like Farcebook or Twatter, make your own website!". Bunch of damn Mao Red Guards who lie right to your face.

Gab is still in business, Apple and Paypal have chosen not to business with them.

Maybe instead of crying about it, move to someplace like Russia where Putin tells companies who they provide service to.

In the meanwhile, in the USA, companies are free to choose not to provide services to platforms that support mentally ill mass murderers the same way ATS does not tolerate people encouraging white supremacist hate and violence.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

......Apparently.....

And it doesn't bother you in the least that you are only relying upon the representations of others, and not your own direct judgement, before an entire free speech platform is silenced?

How is an "entire free speech platform (being) silenced"? Because Paypal isn't being forced to do business with them?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Poor Gab. Such victims.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

** Gab is a popular gathering place for alt-right activists and white nationalists whose views are unwelcome or banned on other social media platforms. Early members included the right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and Andrew Anglin, the founder of the neo-Nazi Daily Stormer website. Other well known users have included controversial media personalities Alex Jones and Carl Benjamin.

Aww its too bad that no one wants to put up with your bull# any longer.

Want a payment gateway? No one has to service you, either make one or stop being a bigot. Easy.
Want to host a website for bigots? Buy the hardware and do so, you're not entitled to use someone else's platform to spread your bigotry.

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Censorship is the tool of cowards and tyrants.
You fight speech with speech, not silence.

I'm all for your free speech, but don't expect me to maintain a platform for you to spread bigotry. Do it yourself.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

......Apparently.....

How is an "entire free speech platform (being) silenced"? Because Paypal isn't being forced to do business with them?

It's clear your didn't bother to read this thread then. Typical of you to form an opinion without all of the facts.

In less than 48 hours, they lost their payment processors, their hosting provider and their domain registrar. The last one is pretty amazing.

Hysterical all of you free market haters cheering on unbridled capitalism, even when it violates every antitrust notion on the books.
edit on 29-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

You mean like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter?

Such hypocrites.

How do you suggest they work around the domain registration issue?
edit on 29-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I dont mind gab. i have a gab account. But Gab was sort of weird to me. I think their moderation was pretty flawed.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You mean like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter?

Such hypocrites.

What about Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter?

Pay ICANN if you can't find someone to help facilitate your bigotry.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Anybody could start a registration company. There are many of them around. Just pay the appropriate fees, and you too could become a domain registrar.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wasn’t all recent bombers and shooters on Facebook ?

Why haven’t they been deplatformed ?

Is this a joke? WTF is going on

Ohh ok... so this is how the CIA get access, Gab.com will be up working again in no time under full control of the globalist elites playbook

edit on 29-10-2018 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

They can do it without backlash because the fake news media is all in on this and the PC NPC patrol attacks anyone labeling them a racist nazi if they disagree.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Change registrars. It happens ALL THE TIME.

Just like Gab did a year ago.

Twitter rival Gab faces domain loss over extremist content
After anti-Semitic post, registrar gives Gab five days to find a new provider.
9/19/2017, 10:50 AM
arstechnica.com...

Hard to shed tears for a site that offers a warm and cozy community for Nazi Mass Murderers.

edit on 29-10-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Wasn’t all recent bombers and shooters on Facebook ?

Why haven’t they been deplatformed ?

Is this a joke? WTF is going on

Ohh ok... so this is how the CIA get access, Gab.com will be up working again in no time under full control of the globalist elites playbook

Or maybe because Facebook doesn't go out of it's way to attract bigots? Maybe Facebook understands the importance of moderating? People cry 'censored' because they don't want to act with decency. Ok then, gtfo my house if you can't be civil. Build your own house and you can be as bigoted as want to be and I won't come there.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I agree. Everywhere I look, I see escalation.

The near future does not look good to me at all.

How much longer before site like ATS fall victim to this????

I suppose the only difference is, like a tree that falls in the woods, no one will hear it.

ATS has already fallen.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

They can do it without backlash because the fake news media is all in on this and the PC NPC patrol attacks anyone labeling them a racist nazi if they disagree.

You mother#ers are delusional.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join