It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gab.com getting deplatformed: stripe, paypal, joyent...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I imagine the only thing easier to subjugating a bunch of people, is when half of them cheer on their slavery.

God humans are dumb. Making fools feel like their "above" the rest as they actually aid in their own slaughter.

"Laughing all the way to the bank" doesnt even begin to describe what's happening here.

are you a communist? not enjoying your freedom are you, commie?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

You had me at, "Hello".

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

dude they really do want to help us that's why they pay their temporary workforces 13$ an hour to do a job that used to pay 50k a year

they need to make all that money so they can have nice things that help us like a space program for themselves

Ahh yes, the good old days. While some hear that and think of some stupid suppression of woman and minorities, the rest of us realize that its perfectly reasonable to think that a single income household could afford to raise a family.

Families are bad though, can't have a full time parent around to raise children. Not when the state can do that for you.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You had me at, "Hello".

You had me at box of Fuentes, the hidden reach around for the prison box of a bottle of booze would have been the clincher. Well...your clincher....

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

that never happened cause, racism

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

that never happened cause, racism

Id formulate a response, but I'm looking out my front door in anticipation of a naked man with cigars and booze.

That situation may or not be related to a dialogue on this forum.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

better off, don't allow anymore of your thoughts to be recorded by the beast system

you will be eliminate (in cool robot voice, think grandma's house)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

better off, don't allow anymore of your thoughts to be recorded by the beast system

I'm not scared, always like to meet new people.

Everyone's my friend after like a dozen rounds of beer.

Though ironically, nobody's my friend the next morning when the dreaded sobriety kicks in.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I'd probably join the system if they captured me and gave me a good tickle and a bit of the hidden knowledge.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

you may have to sacrifice a loved one to show that you're down for the cause and go through a series of rituals that test your allegiance through demonic forces

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

you may have to sacrifice a loved one to show that you're down for the cause and go through a series of rituals that test your allegiance through demonic forces

Jokes on them, I'm a lone observer marooned on this crap hole earth, imprisoned within a human body.

I always figured the downside would be immediate acceptance, followed by unanimous contempt that would do me in.

Still would be a nice trip.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I actually shouldn't say things like that on an open, monitored, forum like this.

I'd hate to think a bunch of spooks would think I'm some malleable patsy they could through a bunch of stickers on a van and make me do their bidding.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that acronyms play a hand here. Why kill the honey pot when there are so many busy little bees flying around it?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

But that’s just it. Websites are private property. They can determine what you can and cannot say on their platforms. It has nothing to do with government.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.” George Orwell, 1984

Bingo!

Logic says that if we see evidence of this pattern, there is a good chance it is reality and not a theoretical concept of a Novelist.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sly1one

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: loam
Never let a good tragedy go to waste.

twitter.com...

Today Gab.com... spent all day working with law enforcement to ensure that justice is served. For this, we have been no-platformed from: @stripe @paypal @joyent In a matter of hours. This is direct collusion between big tech giants.

Earlier this year Apple and Google already kicked gab's apps to the curb.

Can't imagine how anyone thinks this is a good idea.

And if you think the tech giants aren't done policing public discourse:

Facebook Censorship Of Alternative Media "Just The Beginning," Warns Top Neocon Insider

Yeah, all of this will end very nicely.

Seems like the free market is working to me.

Gab has bad optics, and companies don't want those bad optics rubbing off on them, so they refuse to do further business.

No government intervention, no freedom of speech issues; just the free market at work.

The quick success and rise of gab speaks contrary to this though. If users shared the same concern you are saying companies hold, then gab would have been dead in the water from the get go. I think there is more at play here than the free market.

There is a huge market for freedom/liberty right now, bad optics and all...the fact no companies want any part in that market is telling to me. If its principals of the company, then that makes sense...but they aren't avoiding liberty oriented platforms because its a bad idea...but because their sensibilities can't stomach the "bad optics" that come with it.

Which pretty much sums up the entire conflict in this country right now....half of the people would rather be polite and kind...than honest and free. Because make no mistake, sometimes the truth hurts and freedom allows for bad things to happen. Half of this country can no longer stomach that fact.

"Freedom allows for bad things to happen"
But lack of freedom allows for horrendous acts of mass genocides of historic proportions that cannot be glossed over very easily. I agree with the theme of your post and add a part of history that must be remembered.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

And I agree with the addition. I always try to emphasize to people that taking away freedoms doesn’t make anything better or safer. Not many listen though...it’s a really bad habit humanity can’t seem to kick. Which is likely why history keeps repeating itself...inevitably we revert back to systems of control and the obvious consequences of that...

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
These tech giants got too big and too rich, too fast.

And that formula never works out in the long run.

These huge tech giants are literally the only companies keeping parts of California afloat.

Once they go. Things should get interesting

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Do I detect a hint of dismay regarding the outcome of free capitalism and doing business with whom thou chooses, and *GASP* rumbling of approval for business rules & regulations from the pro-captialism, anti-regulation crowd?

Kinda smarts when you advocate making business a Wild, Wild West environment and get your ass bit for the effort. I don't feel too sorry for these folks, sometimes you have to personally feel the burn to learn why that balance via rules & regs is needed. Otherwise, you end up opening up yourself/your slants to being snubbed into oblivion/business failure regardless of the degree of where you land. Just because it's funny to do to your rivals doesn't mean it's worth it when the pendulum swings back. Perspective, yo.
edit on 10/29/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Who are all of these people against anti-trust rules again?

Yawn.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join