It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gab.com getting deplatformed: stripe, paypal, joyent...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Wow , crazy times...a whole platform denied a website? Was this solely because the PA shooter used the platform, or was that the excuse to pull bring the hammer down on the next target on the list??? Which sites are next?

edit on 28/10/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
Yeah, that sucks for them, but here's the thing: businesses don't want to deal with toxic cesspools for a reason. If your platform is known for conspiracy theories, race-baiting and other toxic nonsense, you'd better bring the long dollars and no drama, or you're done.

It's the economy, stupid.

Did you just place conspiracy theories and race baiting / toxic nonsense on the same level - in a post on a conspiracy theory website?
Blimey.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Thanks Loam

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Just read that gab is also being hit with a massive DDoS attack - coordinated with the their hosting services being pulled.
This is pretty crazy stuff... freedoms dying in the USA.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

More likely ATS remains free from this type of de-platforming harassment just because they're small and don't garner the same notice as the big guys.

ATS has standards.

Some things are simply not tolerated here, thank God.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Before we blame capitalism entirely, realize that its highly likely that the mega-tech companies are funded via government contracts...some known, many unknown. Explains how they can transcend market dynamics and basic rules of economics. Their bottom line isn't upheld with customer satisfaction as much as it is government interest in the tech-giants ability to
A) gather data
B) influence public opinion
C) conduct mass psychological operations

FOR the government...

Essentially goolagle, tracebook, twatter, etc....are working for government money...

Taxes and government are yet again the real cancer here....

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Never let a good tragedy go to waste.

twitter.com...

Today Gab.com... spent all day working with law enforcement to ensure that justice is served. For this, we have been no-platformed from: @stripe @paypal @joyent In a matter of hours. This is direct collusion between big tech giants.

Earlier this year Apple and Google already kicked gab's apps to the curb.

Can't imagine how anyone thinks this is a good idea.

And if you think the tech giants aren't done policing public discourse:

Facebook Censorship Of Alternative Media "Just The Beginning," Warns Top Neocon Insider

Yeah, all of this will end very nicely.

Seems like the free market is working to me.

Gab has bad optics, and companies don't want those bad optics rubbing off on them, so they refuse to do further business.

No government intervention, no freedom of speech issues; just the free market at work.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sly1one

I have little doubt the government have their mucky little paws all over this and likely play some role in the success of these companies.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

There are deep state operatives active here.

Once the site becomes more dangerous to them opposed to being a place they can gather intel from, things will change.

P

Truth and I'm fairly certain most ATSers have considered this possibility.

ATS doesn't have SSL protection either...which is pretty standard now a days for pretty much every site on the net. I'm certain Deep State has been here for a very long time, if not the beginning. I don't think it irrational, or unfounded to state that the government studies and observes its adversaries closely to understand them more clearly.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

twitter.com...

Today Gab.com... spent all day working with law enforcement to ensure that justice is served. For this, we have been no-platformed from: @stripe @paypal @joyent In a matter of hours. This is direct collusion between big tech giants.

Facebook Censorship Of Alternative Media "Just The Beginning," Warns Top Neocon Insider

Gab has bad optics, and companies don't want those bad optics rubbing off on them, so they refuse to do further business.

No government intervention, no freedom of speech issues; just the free market at work.

The quick success and rise of gab speaks contrary to this though. If users shared the same concern you are saying companies hold, then gab would have been dead in the water from the get go. I think there is more at play here than the free market.

There is a huge market for freedom/liberty right now, bad optics and all...the fact no companies want any part in that market is telling to me. If its principals of the company, then that makes sense...but they aren't avoiding liberty oriented platforms because its a bad idea...but because their sensibilities can't stomach the "bad optics" that come with it.

Which pretty much sums up the entire conflict in this country right now....half of the people would rather be polite and kind...than honest and free. Because make no mistake, sometimes the truth hurts and freedom allows for bad things to happen. Half of this country can no longer stomach that fact.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sly1one

ATS doesn't have SSL protection either...which is pretty standard now a days for pretty much every site on the net.

So what difference will that make here?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

There is a massive difference between "breakaway civilizations" / "bigfoot" and "UFOs" and rehashed protocols of the elders of Zion BS.

Nobody goes out and kills people in Church because Bigfoot might be real, for example.

Nah, fam. Anyone with an IQ over 16 knows the Geroge Soros thing is race-bait designed to trigger the mentally ill because if it wasn't, the people doing it would be equally affronted by the Koch brothers and their influence with the right wing.

This site doesn't tolerate jokes about Jews and ovens, so it is relatively safe. If "jokes" (hurr durr) like that are your thing, you deserve what you get.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: underwerks

I don't think you actually understand this issue if you think you can boil it down to blaming capitalism.

I understand that big corporations aren’t going to want to do business with a cesspool of Nazis promoting genocide.

Unlike others here, that isn’t surprising to me.

Sad that anyone including yourself buys that B.S.

Those big corporations ARE the nazis..their favorite NPC's protect them in a shield of feces masquerading as the save everyone brigade.

They promote genocide and actually actionably engage but the left has lost all ability to see..if they ever actually could.

Your programming will not save you from them tossing you aside and laughing when they no longer need you.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sly1one

originally posted by: Greven

twitter.com...

The quick success and rise of gab speaks contrary to this though. If users shared the same concern you are saying companies hold, then gab would have been dead in the water from the get go. I think there is more at play here than the free market.

There is a huge market for freedom/liberty right now, bad optics and all...the fact no companies want any part in that market is telling to me. If its principals of the company, then that makes sense...but they aren't avoiding liberty oriented platforms because its a bad idea...but because their sensibilities can't stomach the "bad optics" that come with it.

Which pretty much sums up the entire conflict in this country right now....half of the people would rather be polite and kind...than honest and free. Because make no mistake, sometimes the truth hurts and freedom allows for bad things to happen. Half of this country can no longer stomach that fact.

Corporations are obligated to their shareholders. Their shareholders want them to provide the best returns they can. If it's more profitable to get rid of such a thing than to keep it, that's what the business will do.

As to your last bit... I disagree, and I'll illustrate it with this post:

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: underwerks

I don't think you actually understand this issue if you think you can boil it down to blaming capitalism.

I understand that big corporations aren’t going to want to do business with a cesspool of Nazis promoting genocide.

Unlike others here, that isn’t surprising to me.

Sad that anyone including yourself buys that B.S.

Those big corporations ARE the nazis..their favorite NPC's protect them in a shield of feces masquerading as the save everyone brigade.

They promote genocide and actually actionably engage but the left has lost all ability to see..if they ever actually could.

Your programming will not save you from them tossing you aside and laughing when they no longer need you.

See how this member calls people with other views 'NPCs' - Non Player Characters. That is to say, artificial characters, such as those one would interact with in a video game: non-humans, and not even real. The mention of programming just furthers the dehumanization.

Note that this isn't all directed at a broad spectrum, but also towards a specific other member. It's become favored slang as an insult by those with radical views who see those who don't share their views as subhuman.

This is the level of discourse we have reached here, and this is why things are like they are.
edit on 20Sun, 28 Oct 2018 20:15:54 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago10 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
UPDATE:

a reply to: seeker1963

gab.com... is their front page now.

They bought the domain for $220,000 in September of this year.

Gab.ai upgrades to Gab.com

GoDaddy is now attempting to revoke the gab.com domain.

I didn't even know that was possible.

twitter.com...*696?s=19

BREAKING: @GoDaddy is threatening to suspend our domain (which is worth six figures) if we do not transfer to a new provider by tomorrow.

Wow.

Just wow.

edit on 28-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 28-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I'm not sure how your post illustrates why you disagree with my last statement regarding the philosophical split in the country. Can you possibly elaborate further?

I'm familiar with the NPC meme phenomena and while you could say it serves to dehumanize it also serves to point out predictable psychological profiles in people that are incredibly ACCURATE and true...just because it may seem dehumanizing doesn't negate the truth in many of them. The NPC meme's speak just as much to programming as it does human psych. Psych profiles can be programmed into NPC's in video games etc...The fact it can be programmed begs the question of weather or not the psych profile originated FROM programming? Or whether or not those individuals thoughts are their "own" thoughts....People CAN be programmed. That is a fact.

Also this NPC meme is applied in both directions and can be applied to virtually anyone who has a psych profile that has been mapped out.

Things have been "like they are" as you say long before the "NPC meme" trend....The discourse on social media has been thick of the years and people are starting to catch on to "if" "for", "while", loops in dialogue with others.

We should also consider sock puppet accounts engaging in dialogue or PAYED individuals engaging in debate as trolls, proponent, opponents, etc...These artificial sources can and do commonly influence the opinions, beliefs, and dialogue of REAL HUMAN BEINGS...who then parrot the programming.

These activities would indicate what the NPC's memes are attempting to reveal....much of the social media discussions are with programmed or artificial dialogue.

Essentially the level of discourse we have currently has been artificially influenced to the point that NPC memes are a relevant thing getting people in an uproar.
edit on 28-10-2018 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Free speech is dead.

RIP

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Pretty amazing.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy