It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gab.com getting deplatformed: stripe, paypal, joyent...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: loam

I can say I appreciate coming here to ATS and knowing
that there is moderation. Never visited Gab before but
read that the shooter had posted there, then was glad
I had never visited.

However I do understand the dilemma that they faced,
and it is a tough road to walk. Bless them for trying.

The internet is already much quieter now that AJ is
banned form most platforms, and PayPal blocked as well.
I notice the quiet, but it does little to comfort.

We are on the edge, tipping.

So, are you saying there's a connection between Gab and the shooter? Not sure if I'm understanding you or your point is ridiculous.

So Facebook is responsible for the 4 black kids that tortured the white autistic kid?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Censorship is the tool of cowards and tyrants.

You fight speech with speech, not silence.

Censorship happens here.

Yeah, perhaps.

But ATS doesn't lie about it either. They don't arbitrarily censor based on ideology or opinion. They also aren't an open platform. They are very specific in what they provide.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yeah, that sucks for them, but here's the thing: businesses don't want to deal with toxic cesspools for a reason. If your platform is known for conspiracy theories, race-baiting and other toxic nonsense, you'd better bring the long dollars and no drama, or you're done.

It's the economy, stupid.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ever notice how threads much like other threads on the same subject get deleted. Site like twitter have a T&C also.

There is a lot of don't tell me how to run my business but I'll tell you how to run your business on the internet.
edit on 10/28/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Read the T & C.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

If Twitter, Youtube, Google would just simply state; "We are partisan, we hate any thought that isn't leftist, we will ban anyone and everyone we disagree with" I wouldn't have an issue.

But they don't.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Here's the thing: money isn't partisan and neither are companies. If you hurt their bottom line, they will refuse your business. This is basic stuff.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think people know it by now. It's all about money and controlling things to get money. Plenty of other cases where it is not in the company motto.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

If they were smart (and us too), we'd all start doing business in Crypto Currency and leave the USD behind. If they want to be like that - and use finance to oppress us in any way shape or form - then we need to leave their money behind. No money = no control, the banking cartels realized this over 100 years ago.

With crypto, they have no control whatsoever (even with a court order) and cannot physically force you to do anything you don't explicitly want to do. Again provided proper measures are taken for security.
edit on 10/28/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
When I saw gab brought up in relation to this latest incident, it was pretty obvious they'd use it to cull a little more of the alternative media sphere.

What these processors are doing to free speech platforms is no different to what they've done to the firearms industry.

Their forcing their minority ideals onto the majority. They do it, because the majority does not agree with what they want. They use their tight nit elitist ranks across multiple industries to continue to attack the constitution.

They just refuse to understand that their twisted nu-merica view is not what the majority of the country wants.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It doesn’t feel too good when you’re the one being smacked in the face by the invisible hand of the free market, does it?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I don't think you actually understand this issue if you think you can boil it down to blaming capitalism.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I don't think you actually understand this issue if you think you can boil it down to blaming capitalism.

I understand that big corporations aren’t going to want to do business with a cesspool of Nazis promoting genocide.

Unlike others here, that isn’t surprising to me.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Ummmm, are you conservatives aware this is a haven white supremacist who've been banned from twitter? It's a site created by Right Wingers so I guess I see why ATS conservatives are in an uproar but everyone should know it's a haven for white supremacy. Funny how white supremacists and conservatives literally run in the same circles.

Just a friendly PSA.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Anything you disagree with must be nazi.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yawn.

As I recall, you hold a similar view about ATS....and yet, here you always are.
edit on 28-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

This is a highly suspicious situation. A group of gab.com users is paying a private investigator to check into certain backgrounds involved with this collusion. Straight to the top and back down. There are reasons to consider a specific media company as a possible conspirator against gab.com in this situation, with a small potential that it may involve National Amusements.

Hello Rothstein.
edit on 28-10-2018 by Archivalist because: Hah.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I was agreeing with you 100%, sorry my words failed to
make that clear.

What I meant with AJ was that in the past there
were the occasions that someone would post
an article from him here, or it would make
mainstream. Not as of late, and I find that
quiet disconcerting, even if I disagree with
a lot of his content.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

So, are you saying there's a connection between Gab and the shooter? Not sure if I'm understanding you or your point is ridiculous.

So Facebook is responsible for the 4 black kids that tortured the white autistic kid?

No, was not saying that at all. I just did not make myself clear,
it was my last post of the evening, too tired.

I in no way was saying that...

What I meant to say was the quiet was disconcerting.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Ah. Yes. I misunderstood.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join