It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gab.com getting deplatformed: stripe, paypal, joyent...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

No. I'm fairly satisfied the 3(2) Amigos are just a couple of guys who tried to make this business concept fly. I have mad respect for what they tried to do.

More likely ATS remains free from this type of de-platforming harassment just because they're small and don't garner the same notice as the big guys.

But as this de-platforming practice becomes more accepted (I think we are already here), eventually, sites like this one will be routinely picked off. All it will take is a few complaint emails or tweets to payment processors or hosting providers.

Tree in the woods.

Not really an *if*, but more like a *when*.

edit on 28-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I am still unsure but I hope you are correct.

Still, this is a very powerful site. Do not for a moment think it is not.

A great deal of research goes on here ... and the research skills of many of our esteemed members are growing in leaps and bounds.

There are deep state operatives active here.

Once the site becomes more dangerous to them opposed to being a place they can gather intel from, things will change.

P

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

How much longer before site like ATS fall victim to this????

isn't that obvious ?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I find what is happening to free speech in this country and around the world to be very concerning. I didn’t have a problem with the tech giants creating their own rules, but creating barriers to entry for competition is the stuff of anti-trust lawsuits.

I don’t have the answers for what needs to happen, but something needs to be done or we will be headed for fascist totalitarianism in the near future. When we can’t freely discuss ideas then we are in trouble as a society.
edit on 2018/10/28 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I can say I appreciate coming here to ATS and knowing
that there is moderation. Never visited Gab before but
read that the shooter had posted there, then was glad
I had never visited.

However I do understand the dilemma that they faced,
and it is a tough road to walk. Bless them for trying.

The internet is already much quieter now that AJ is
banned form most platforms, and PayPal blocked as well.
I notice the quiet, but it does little to comfort.

We are on the edge, tipping.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I find what is happening to free speech in this country and around the world to be very concerning. I didn’t have a problem with the tech giants creating their own rules, but creating barriers to entry for competition is the stuff of anti-trust lawsuits.

I don’t have the answers for what needs to happen, but something needs to be done or we will be headed for fascist totalitarianism in the near future. When we can’t freely discuss ideas then we are in trouble as a society.

We the people have done this to ourselves, we championed capitalism as the be all and end all .

All the signs were there, individuals with more money than entire countries and yet still people were saying " they earned their hard earned money how dare you want to steal from my piece of pie " or " how dare you take my hard earned money and give it to those that bum welfare" yada yada yada .

Well look where that got us all...

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

This is the only platform where I post.

But I read all of the others. Gab was no different than Twitter. Frankly, it is a complete clone.

I see vile postings on every platform. So not sure what quiet you're referencing. AJ certainly never had the power you seem to think he had. I think most people understood he was a bozo. And the ones who didn't, followed him directly to his site anyway.

All this banning stuff does is push the crazies deeper underground, providing justification in their heads for some of their most paranoid notions.

Eventually, we will all pay a price for this.

edit on 28-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

So should we let capitalism run unchecked or give the government more power over our private business and properties?

Or do you see a third option?

Is what these companies are doing NOT an example of exercising ones freedoms?

Personally I agree that something should be done to stop mega companies from dictating the rules for all the rest.
But I will never agree to giving the government more power over my business.

Maybe the answer lies in the people? Boycotting works if done right.

Maybe we look at more social punishments for the companies rather than government intervention?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

How many high profile killer had an ATS account again?

Dont remember this site closing becsuse of it.

And anyone really think the biggest conspiracy site online isnt monitored, watced, infiltrated and influenced is massivly naive. imho.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

There's already a $1 billion lawsuit against some social media companies but I can't remember the details. It was just filed last week.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
That’s why judges that believe in the law and not legislating from the bench is important.

We need more great music new like justice Kavanaugh.

Can you see a Hillary court ruling against anything that’s not PC enough for them, no matter what the papas says?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
If a platform is deemed a public forum, then all speech on that platform should be covered under 1A. This is especially true for companies that have or had government subsidies or investments in its creation or sustainment. All major platforms that dominate western social media are in bed with the intelligence community. All those that operate with impunity currently are protected, ATS?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Gab.com getting deplatformed: stripe, paypal, joyent.

Operation Choke point never ended.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Looks like people might need to mail a check to the staff for payments.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Censorship is the tool of cowards and tyrants.

You fight speech with speech, not silence.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Censorship happens here.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Them whiney little Npc's have been going after GABs payment processers long before this! They did the same thing to Alex Jones. Just remember the whiny little bitches the next time you see them say, "Well if you don't like Farcebook or Twatter, make your own website!". Bunch of damn Mao Red Guards who lie right to your face.

That's a great point. Start ups don't have a chance. Play along to get along is the new motto. Tow the line or cease to exist.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

How much longer before site like ATS fall victim to this????

The fact that it has not been targeted in this manner should tell you something.

There are features here that stopped functioning for no reason such as the little letter that no longer lights up when you have a message.

The big question is, why has ATS been spared.

There is one obvious answer and it depends on who has their pinky in this particular pie.

Just some food for thought.

P

Another good point. I've often wondered myself, then I remember. Wont say it here because... you know the outcome.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Who is censoring whom? And how?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
There are deep state operatives active here.
P

That makes me feel better. I'm glad I'm not the only one who shares this thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join