It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gab.com getting deplatformed: stripe, paypal, joyent...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Pretty sure folks stopped the last bunch of tards that got together and decided they were going to kill all the jews.

Now all you gotta do is prove Gab's idea they speak about is killing Jews.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

FB pays lip service when it suits their cause or if they are forced to. There is a lot of hate speech on FB they don't care about.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

And were there any consequences to the poster, what if any response was made by Gab? Otherwise let's find a terrible comment on Twitter and let's shut down twitter too.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Don't have to look far, there are plenty of folks on Twitter who openly display their hatred of white people. Remember the professor who tweeted, "All I want for Christmas is white genocide?" He resigned, but Twitter is still up and running - so why is Gab suddenly in the crosshairs? The bomb-mailer used Twitter, why isn't Twitter shut down?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

FB pays lip service when it suits their cause or if they are forced to. There is a lot of hate speech on FB they don't care about.

Correct, that is also true of other social media platforms. However, they all do just enough, that they can claim they're trying to reign in that sort of content. Gab does not, instead they openly encourage it.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Here's one post on GAB after the slaughter of the 11 Jewish Americans that caused the companies to act.

If this is free speech I don't want any of it

link

. “I can’t wait to hear about how many lampshades the alleged synagogue shooter made out [sic] these jews in Pittsburg,” wrote @EmilyAnderson, followed by three laughing cat emojis; another user predicted that Bowers’s statement—“All these Jews have to die”—would “be a meme as long as the Internet lives. Which wont [sic] be long after this LOL

You know incitement to violence is not protected by free speech. All X should die is not protected. But twitter's white genocide, is accepted by the leftists.

They want whites to be a minority and to exterminate them like germany did with the Jews.
edit on 30-10-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
GAB is a horrible website, i left because i kept getting threats because i am jewish. Glad to see it shut down.
edit on 30-10-2018 by nataliep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

"If" those posts are real, and not another "made up story from left-wing trolls" then it is reprehensible. Unfortunately, with free speech also comes some "reprehensible ideas." I wonder why you didn't choose to post the anti-semite rants made by "left-winger" Farrakhan...

I wonder why the left didn't bash at Obama for taking photos smiling with anti-semite Farrakhan... Or what about other "democrat leaders" like Keith Ellison who have defended Farrakhan for decades?... The same Farrakhan and his followers who hate Jewish people, alongside whites and others, with a passion. Farrakhan has even referred to Jewish people as "termites," and much worse, when he said and I quote: "Don't call me anti-semite, stop it. I am anti-termite..."

But of course, the left is allowed to defend hatred speech...

The left defended Obama for years even though he has a history of being with, being mentored by hateful people, like his pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, whose church the Obamas have been attending for years... Or what about the "communist mentor," Frank Marshall Davis, Obama mentions in the book "Dreams from my father," in which Obama states "Frank is a lasting, permanent influence..."

Whether or not you agree with "hateful speech" people have a right to it as long as they don't call for, or incite for violence against groups. Yet lately the left-wing media, and demonrat leaders have advocated for "incivility" against the right until demonrats get control of both the House and Senate... Yet, that is "okay" in the eyes of the left. Yet all "hateful speech" aimed at ANYONE that is mostly leftist is not okay, but if it goes against ANYONE in the right of politics, even if they are minorities "is fine and dandy" according to the left-wing media, their left-wing scholars and leaders...

edit on 30-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Please source Gab encouraging it. I am honestly interested.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ended F.B. acct 5 weeks ago, took 21 days.
I’m sure my stuff never actually disappeared.
Completely off social media now.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
UPDATE:

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: seeker1963

gab.com... is their front page now.

They bought the domain for $220,000 in September of this year.

Gab.ai upgrades to Gab.com

GoDaddy is now attempting to revoke the gab.com domain.

I didn't even know that was possible.

twitter.com...*696?s=19

BREAKING: @GoDaddy is threatening to suspend our domain (which is worth six figures) if we do not transfer to a new provider by tomorrow.

Wow.

Just wow.

Free market wins again!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
Yeah, that sucks for them, but here's the thing: businesses don't want to deal with toxic cesspools for a reason. If your platform is known for conspiracy theories, race-baiting and other toxic nonsense, you'd better bring the long dollars and no drama, or you're done.

It's the economy, stupid.

Did you just place conspiracy theories and race baiting / toxic nonsense on the same level - in a post on a conspiracy theory website?
Blimey.

Sorry but there are some conspiracy theories that sink to the level as some of this crap. SandyHook conspiracies around crisis actors comes to mind... trash

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well well well....

According to CNN, an analysis discovered that “Sayoc tweeted more than 240 threats directed to at least 50 public officials, news organizations and media personalities.” “The threats, and Twitter’s apparent inaction regarding them, raise new questions regarding social media and radicalization,” CNN declared, adding, “In this instance, Twitter may well have provided Sayoc with the material that radicalized him, and then it stood idly by as that radicalization led to hundreds of threats.” Some of Sayoc’s threats reportedly included, “Your Time is coming,” “Your days are over,” “your (sic) next,” and “Hug your loved ones real close everytime U leave your home,” while he also sent pictures of decapitated goats to users.

Of course, being CNN, we'd have to check the validity... however, if true then Gab was taken down in a coordinated effort by hosting providers and payment platforms, whilst Twitter was left alone despite having 240 threats from Sayoc..

Seems fair.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Please source Gab encouraging it. I am honestly interested.

That's not what encouragement means on social media. Gab makes zero attempt to find and remove that sort of content. Their executives also invite anyone to come and post anything they wish.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Helps to be publicly traded. Too many rich people will lose money if those big sites are shut down. Fair and even doesn't exist.
edit on 10/31/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Helps to be publicly traded. Too many rich people will lose money if those big sites are shut down. Fair and even doesn't exist.

That's part of it, but not quite in the way you think. They need to maintain shareholder value, and part of that means not overtly supporting certain groups. That's why Microsoft dropped them, that's why Twitter dropped them, and so on.

They need their platform to carry a certain image in order to keep it financially viable.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Sure, that is the drop part.

But there is no way these big sites get shut down as some wish. Not gonna happen due to stock.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Also they supported Daily Stormer 'key figures' using their platform

It's a bit surprising that Gab wound up on GoDaddy because GoDaddy was one of the first domain providers to ban the neo-Nazi site the Daily Stormer last year. That led to a weeks-long period where the Daily Stormer jumped from domain to domain, looking for a provider who was willing to provide it service. Two key Daily Stormer figures—editor Andrew Anglin and technologist Andrew Auernheimer—started using Gab as their primary communications platform.

Source

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: roadgravel

That's part of it, but not quite in the way you think. They need to maintain shareholder value, and part of that means not overtly supporting certain groups. That's why Microsoft dropped them, that's why Twitter dropped them, and so on.

They need their platform to carry a certain image in order to keep it financially viable.

Not really, alex jones is having record breaking sales, and gab was experiencing growth. All they need is to be able to get the money from their audience.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I am new to this. Never heard of Gab. I am confused.

I think I got it.
edit on 1-11-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join