It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gab.com getting deplatformed: stripe, paypal, joyent...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Never let a good tragedy go to waste.

twitter.com...

Today Gab.com... spent all day working with law enforcement to ensure that justice is served. For this, we have been no-platformed from: @stripe @paypal @joyent In a matter of hours. This is direct collusion between big tech giants.

Earlier this year Apple and Google already kicked gab's apps to the curb.

Can't imagine how anyone thinks this is a good idea.

And if you think the tech giants aren't done policing public discourse:

Facebook Censorship Of Alternative Media "Just The Beginning," Warns Top Neocon Insider

Yeah, all of this will end very nicely.

+35 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Them whiney little Npc's have been going after GABs payment processers long before this! They did the same thing to Alex Jones. Just remember the whiny little bitches the next time you see them say, "Well if you don't like Farcebook or Twatter, make your own website!". Bunch of damn Mao Red Guards who lie right to your face.

edit on 27-10-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

The problem here is capitalism that is out of control, these corporations yeild so much power and influence they can do this without backlash, the only solution is to get government involved and let's face it nobody wants that so...

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

So their hosting provider gave them until Monday, after pulling the plug:

twitter.com...

We are back online. We spent the past hour backing up everything in light of our hosting provider pulling service on Monday. We have had many engineers and hosting providers reaching out to help. Please pray and focus on the families and victims.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The problem here is capitalism that is out of control, these corporations yeild so much power and influence they can do this without backlash, the only solution is to get government involved and let's face it nobody wants that so...

I agree with you. Gab.ai is a threat to the not only Twitter and Facebook but our government. Freedom of speech is just that. Remember when google was brought to Congress? D's and R's on both sides who questioned them had received donations to the political campaign from Google. It was a dog and pony show for the masses by our elected officials who had no intentions what so ever to bite the hand that feeds them.

Let's call it what it is though, "Crony Capitalism"!

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

So their hosting provider gave them until Monday, after pulling the plug:

twitter.com...

We are back online. We spent the past hour backing up everything in light of our hosting provider pulling service on Monday. We have had many engineers and hosting providers reaching out to help. Please pray and focus on the families and victims.

So should Twitter or Facebook be shut down if someone who has an account with them goes on a murder spree? This is BULLSNIP!

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.” George Orwell, 1984

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Buckle up were in for wild ride...

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Why in hell am I just hearing about GAB.COM right now and right here?

Heading over to check it out. Maybe I'm too late ...

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I agree. Everywhere I look, I see escalation.

The near future does not look good to me at all.

How much longer before site like ATS fall victim to this????

I suppose the only difference is, like a tree that falls in the woods, no one will hear it.

edit on 27-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Why in hell am I just hearing about GAB.COM right now and right here?

Heading over to check it out. Maybe I'm too late ...

It's Gab.ai not gab.com.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

gab.com... is their front page now.

They bought the domain for $220,000 in September of this year.

Gab.ai upgrades to Gab.com

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Yes it feels like we are on the precipice of something major.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hmm, I signed up for a Gab account way back when it first started but I never posted there or paid any attention past that. Looks like I missed all the drama.

What's next? They already torpedoed Alex Jones off the major social networks and the UK has been making noises about memes and memes being bad for society.

Yeah, private companies can do what they want, etc., and so on. But can no one seriously look at this all and see the bigger picture coming? Once people swallow the "private companies can censor who they want" hook, the full on censorship of anything deemed unacceptable by those above the masses will be firmly ensconced and it'll be too late.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

gab.com... is their front page now.

They bought the domain for $220,000.

Gab.ai upgrades to Gab.com

Nice! Thanks for correcting me. I knew they were going in that direction, but didn't realize they did it. Honestly I don't have a facebook or twitter account, but I did sign up and have a Gab account, even though I rarely use it.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Pretty much.

Not just because of this, but generally because of many things over the last 10-20 years, I think it's time to bring in the tomato plants.

So sad. It's like being trapped in a slow motion car wreck.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
should companys that handle payment prosessing have the right to deny payments

imagin if visa decided it would no longer prosess payments for a item or service

paypal may not be visa but one day it could be as we move away from hard cash if we dont change the rules we may well be told what we can buy

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Nearly two years ago, I posted this thread.

They are going to try and control what you can read!

And much of this agenda is coming true.

In particular, watch this video from Dave McClure, to get an idea of what the C-Suite culture is like in the tech world:

Listen very carefully to what he says @1:29.

Incidentally, this dick head was just forced to resign last year because.....wait for it...sexual harassment.

In any event, this is all going to get much worse. Mark my words.

edit on 28-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

edit on 28-10-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Change of heart

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

How much longer before site like ATS fall victim to this????

The fact that it has not been targeted in this manner should tell you something.

There are features here that stopped functioning for no reason such as the little letter that no longer lights up when you have a message.

The big question is, why has ATS been spared.

There is one obvious answer and it depends on who has their pinky in this particular pie.

Just some food for thought.

P

<<   2  3  4 >>

join