It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apu from the Simpsons is being removed because of dumb people

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Bart needs to go too because it is sexist having an old women playing a young boy.
The hypocrisy is not lost on me.

Another symptom of the overly vocal minority being heard over the silent majority.

Maybe the majority should start speaking up in the right places before the gates open and the horse has bolted.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay
I always thought that character was very cool and funny, turns out the dumb people in the US who can't even handle their own reality think he is not good enough, while most people on India actually are like this and there is nothing wrong to represent them, because they are great on their own way and no one on other country should have a say on their culture.

But no, lets stop showing that the world have different cultures and those all have their own accents and customs, idiotic stuff

Let's change Apu to be an Indian guy who goes to the US and turns white and then speaks with American accent and eats subway and stuff, and then he goes to have white kids and they all speak perfect english and never ever know or have any symbolism to actual Indian culture.

I bet the only idiotic people triggered by this are white people. No actual Indians were affected by it in the past like 30 years or whatever, until the idiotic crowd found a new reason to upset themselves and harm every other person in the world

Fools

Not "white people".

Moronic leftists that happen to be white and see the world through a racial lens.

In other words, the dregs of humanity.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Typical far left racism and bigotry.

Notice how they dont say a word about Groundskeeper Willy?

Also notice how Scottish people aren't thin skinned losers and can see the humor in the character?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

It is sad they want to remove a fun and original stereotype from the show.

The accent is actually common in southern parts of India and I know a lot of shops owned by people from India, the only unrealistic thing in the show is that usually international quick Mart owners tend to own more than one store.

Heck my favorite corner Mart where I live is run by Raj's wife and he has 3 other stores in town, and several in the Chicago area.

I could see complaints if say he was a charlatan guru on the corner of the street but he's never been that.

Abu has always been a representation of multiculturalism even in flyover towns and the successful pursuit of the American Dream.

I think the removal should be boycotted for one good reason:

It will hinder diversity and also denies India Business owners in the US representation!

What's next Lisa's Saxophone mentor? Because it what represents the image that all old black people are blues saxophone toting wisemen?

Should we remove Burns because he makes old white powerplant owners evil as "The Man"?

Get a grip people, I havent heard of idiotic editing like this since Lucas decided that Han shoots Greelo in self defense instead of for the good reason that Greelo planned to take han back dead anyway.

I don't see this issue sticking.

They will bring him back.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'll be honest it is all a bit stupid, where was the PC crowd when the simpsons first introduced Apu no one said a damn thing then. Further proof how mad and stupid the world has turned

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
All it takes nowadays is one whining little cry baby and the whole #ing world has to stop so we can wipe his ass. Are we living in Bizzaro world yet?a reply to: BoneSay

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon
Typical far left racism and bigotry.

Notice how they dont say a word about Groundskeeper Willy?

Also notice how Scottish people aren't thin skinned losers and can see the humor in the character?

Yeah there are tons of other characters that belong to other countries and each one of them has their own way of being, stereotypes and no one cares, i don't see any mexicans complaining about the Bumblebee Man, or the italians about the mafia boss, or the other nationalities represented on the show. I guess they are fine with everything but i don't think it will last much, eventually someone will start with how the mexican guy is brown, or the italian boss has a gun and whatever else they can find wrong. Looks like the show should really stop now anyways, as others said

Honestly i am not able to see all the full seasons are there are way too many, i only managed to watch the first 6 so far and some of the couple latest ones since i started to watch the show, i wasn't interested before two years ago.

I don't even know why i would try to keep watching like this, it's a dumb thing all of it after this

I liked Futurama better anyway
edit on 30-10-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

the executive producer of the simpsons came out andf totoally denied that they are getting rid of apu...I am surprised no one came back and updated this

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

the executive producer of the simpsons came out andf totoally denied that they are getting rid of apu...I am surprised no one came back and updated this

Really? That's nice to hear, i did not see those news anywhere, thanks for the update

So i guess this should be closed now :$

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

an not one single Scottish person gives a flying monkeys aboot grounds keeper willie !

it's a fictional cartoon for # sake , stereotypes make fictional characters funny , because its all something we can laugh at about ourselves!

that is loosely based on reality !

edit on 1-11-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Removing Apu is racist, and it wouldn't happen if he was a real actor, just wouldn't.

They are highlighting to increase awareness on racism, which does increase racism... And they know this, and they get away with it.

That's life.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I dont think ive ever met anyone who was offended by either Apu or Groundskeeper willie!

I know lots of Scottish Indians and they all love Apu

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

Removing Apu is racist, and it wouldn't happen if he was a real actor, just wouldn't.

They are highlighting to increase awareness on racism, which does increase racism... And they know this, and they get away with it.

That's life.

they did not in the end, so still ended up not watching anymore, it not felt good again after this :/

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I dont think ive ever met anyone who was offended by either Apu or Groundskeeper willie!

I know lots of Scottish Indians and they all love Apu

yes neither do i, lots of people offended, none of them actual indians or mexicans or Scottish, i have good friends in UK and they love the dark humor and stuff
never a cmoplain and people who complain are actual racists not the ones that enjoy how cool other cultures are

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I'm Scottish, the only gripe I have with grounds keeper Willie is he's not in it enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join